Siversea offer not honored

venture13

Hi-anyone know how to reach Silversea management? Booked as solo next year now cruise is offering $1,000 credit or upgrade. Keep saying its based on double occupancy. Appears it is because I am solo. Want to reach someone in charge. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Yes, Duct Tape, and this is a good example of why it's smart to book cruises through a travel agent. Things don't often go wrong, but when they do, a travel professional who has a strong relationship with the company is your best ally.

I'm not certain but, Venture13, you might still be able to transfer your booking to a travel agent.

Edited by Seafairer

Venture13,

What voyage are you on? We are on the Spirit (Sydney to LA) Feb/Mar. When I got the Silver wave promotion by email, immediately went to my TA and asked to her to try and get us the SBC. Success. Good luck.

Edited by WesW

I am on FLL=SFO in April Panama canal. I am solo and that may be the issue but I booked with cruise line I have requested the promotion weeks ago. That's why I may need a decision maker at the cruise line.. Thanks!

The $1000 shipboard credit/upgrade offer is for new bookings only and cancel/re-books are not eligible. This is not uncommon with their special offers, and is likely why you can't get it rather than your single cruiser status.

Also, even for a new booking, I wouldn't be surprised if you had to choose between offers (10% single supplement, $1000 shipboard credit) rather than being able to get both.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The '$1,000 based on double occupancy' means that if you were eligible for the offer, you would get $500 as a solo.

However, as Mark_K states, it is only for new bookings - I have checked into this as I have a couple of cruises booked for next year as a solo and the OBC would have been nice, but I am not eligible as cancelling and re-booking does not qualify. I'm sorry, but you need to read the fine print.

Edited by jollyjones

The '$1,000 based on double occupancy' means that if you were eligible for the offer, you would get $500 as a solo.

However, as Mark_K states, it is only for new bookings - I have checked into this as I have a couple of cruises booked for next year as a solo and the OBC would have been nice, but I am not eligible as cancelling and re-booking does not qualify. I'm sorry, but you need to read the fine print.

Still it is worth either chasing SS yourself, or better getting your TA on the case. SS do not generally like to annoy repeat guests and sometimes relent. You have nothing to loose in trying.

Thanks to all for the help.. I booked this just a few days before the offer came out and asked them about special offers .. So I did read the fine print and there was nothing said about this only that it had to be booked by 12/31. As you said, it is worth pursuing as the cruise is 18 days.

Well Success! Spoke to a very nice manager and she reviewed my reservation and was give some on board credit. Seems they agreed with me! Took all of 5 minutes and I am satisfied with the outcome. Looking forward to my voyage and any tips anyone can give me about the Shadow! Thanks

Hi-anyone know how to reach Silversea management? Booked as solo next year now cruise is offering $1,000 credit or upgrade. Keep saying its based on double occupancy. Appears it is because I am solo. Want to reach someone in charge. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

My turn to try to help you now! We had an issue a few years ago, and went through Venetian Society. It was a most favorable outcome! The person who helped us was Mark Flager, but I think he has left the company now.

Looked at ship and did not see this bar on the Shadow. Maybe a different name. Great tip about slippery stools! Just what I need for a 3 week cruise is to fall off a stool! Thanks

Its the Lampadina Bar on the Shadow, same bar, same place, just different coloured slippery stools.

Venture13, we've always enjoyed this bar on the Shadow and Whisper, great for pre-dinner relaxation. However, on our recent Whisper cruise it was closed for the first 17 days due to the boutique reconstruction across the hallway. Then it was again opened, but only after 9 P.M. The HD didn't feel that it was worth opening at cocktail hour. Sad.

As a related issue, I would suggest that you try to find out when the Shadow's boutique reconstruction will occur. I know that it is supposed to happen early next year, again during a cruise. It will be a major disruption and inconvenience, and really horrible if your suite is above the boutique on deck 6 or near it on deck 5, due to construction noise, blocked hallways, etc.

It will happen on the Grand Voyage around South America, either starting Jan 7th or shortly afterwards, and it will be hell. Jimmy K leaves the ship in Ft Lauderdale on the 7th, and is so happy NOT to be onboard when it happens.

The targeted opening date for the new boutique is January 20th, so expect it to take from the 7th to the 19th.

Edited by Silver Spectre

It will happen on the Grand Voyage around South America, either starting Jan 7th or shortly afterwards, and it will be hell. Jimmy K leaves the ship in Ft Lauderdale on the 7th, and is so happy NOT to be onboard when it happens.

Does anyone know when Jimmy K is returning to the Shadow or another ship?

Maybe it is a good thing the boutiques will be closed since when they reopen, the merchandise will be way over priced and not at all appealing to the casual shopper. If you need a "sundry", you will have to ask for it.

Oh well, at least I saved money on the last cruise.

Having visited the new-look boutique on the Whisper this month I can confirm that there is little of interest except, perhaps, to Magpies and other lovers of shiny baubles.

On the other hand if you are in the market to overspend on a horribly tasteless watch, have a lion's thirst for perfume or enjoy observing grossly under-employed sales staff then you'll love it.