Legend noro outbreak Sept. 8 cruise?

Lotsa Cruises

Don't know about the noro, but I can guarantee you that the ship was not running low on food. To even think that is just silly.

I have been on cruises where the selection of rolls in the MDR was pretty sad by night 6 or 7. Though that doesn't equate to running low on food.

It sounds like one of your group of friends may have been the initial carrier of norovirus...it spreads rapidly between people who have close contact with one another especially at meals. And hopefully, once anyone started feeling queezy they were smart enough to report to the medical center and to keep themselves isolated in their cabin until all symptoms were gone. Since the illness is fast spreading, how many other people got sick on the cruise, hundreds probably if it was norovirus. I am sure once it was reported and confirmed the ship went into overdrive, hauling out the bleach and disinfectant and having no one serve themselves at the buffet, right. A little more about all that happened would be appreciated.

ETA:

Here are the norovirus outbreaks reported (as required) to the cdc for 2015

Cruise Line Cruise Ship Sailing Dates Causative Agent

Princess Cruises Star Princess 4/29 - 5/14 Norovirus

Oceania Cruises Oceania Marina 4/21 - 5/7 Norovirus

Holland America Line ms Maasdam 4/17 - 5/1 Norovirus

Princess Cruises Coral Princess 4/12 - 4/27 Norovirus

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Legend of the Seas 3/30 - 4/14 Norovirus

Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Infinity 3/29 - 4/13 Norovirus

Norwegian Cruise Line Norwegian Pearl 3/26 - 4/6 Norovirus

Celebrity Cruises Celebrity Equinox 2/13 - 2/23 Norovirus

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line Grandeur of the Seas 1/24 - 2/3 Norovirus

Edited by Sweet Dutch Girl

• 2 weeks later...
Friends were on the Alaskan cruise week of Sept. 8 and said their group got very sick, thinks it was noro? Did anyone else experience this? Also, they said the ship was running low on food on this cruise?

I was on the Legend on Sept 15th to Hawaii from Vancouver and we met people that were on the ship from Alaska and continuing on to Australia, and they didn't mention anything about an outbreak, I am sure they would of mentioned it if it was that bad. I feel bad for those that got sick, you hate to have your trip ruined.

I was on the Legend cruise, as well; no signs of illness, except for some folks in the a.m. on the 1st sea day-the ship was pretty rocky from the waves that day.

"If" there would have been an outbreak, I would have blamed the woman in the bathrobe at the Lido Deck buffet;):eek:

I was on the Legend cruise, as well; no signs of illness, except for some folks in the a.m. on the 1st sea day-the ship was pretty rocky from the waves that day.

"If" there would have been an outbreak, I would have blamed the woman in the bathrobe at the Lido Deck buffet;):eek:[/QUO

See her many times in that bathrobe, she was a bit strange, she attended the comedy shows and said something to the comic and he kind of told her off. She did some other weird stuff also, she was always the one that stood out amongst the crowd.

Friends were on the Alaskan cruise week of Sept. 8 and said their group got very sick, thinks it was noro? Did anyone else experience this? Also, they said the ship was running low on food on this cruise?

Can your friends elaborate a little? Those are two pretty big claims with nothing mentioned that supports them.

"If" there would have been an outbreak, I would have blamed the woman in the bathrobe at the Lido Deck buffet;):eek:[/QUO

See her many times in that bathrobe, she was a bit strange, she attended the comedy shows and said something to the comic and he kind of told her off. She did some other weird stuff also, she was always the one that stood out amongst the crowd.

Every cruise has a creeper.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk