Most boring port ever??

It's gotta be either port canavaral or Freeport

I was at both last year on the pride, we went on the only sailing we could do the entire year based on my sons camp and husbands work schedule

I mean what a snooze fest these ports were . I lived in Orlando for 30 years so no thanks to Disney. Too expensive too short a trip no thanks

They should just do away with these, do key west at least

What's everyone else think??

Ten years ago, e were diverted to Freeport instead of Castaway Cay on the Disney Magic because of rough weather. It was cold on top of everything else. The freighters were fun to watch as they loaded. The naps in our room were real nice. Had not desire to see Freeport in cold weather.

Freeport has to be the worst port ever. Last September we sailed on the

pride and stopped there. I had not been to Freeport in two years and I

heard they built a Senior Frogs in the port and I was looking forward

to eating and having a couple drinks. But the problem was the hours

we are in port no one was in the restaurant. All the waiters were

outside trying to sing and drum up business. Very disappointed.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

Freeport was awful. Nassau could be ok if you want to spend nearly a thousand on a water park for a family of 4. Otherwise it is not much better. I will never take an Eastern Caribbean cruise again unless it is free or darn close and I certainly won't get off the boat. That being said, I though Key West was great and one of my favorites so far.

I seriously wonder why Freeport continues to be a stop. No one likes it. I wonder if it could sustain itself without the cruise ships, though. It may be a very cheap port stop for the lines so they keep going.

Edited by BigB0882

Definitely Freeport. Port Canaveral is good for one stop. Plenty of time to take in Kennedy Space Center. It seems cruise ships in the northeast love that Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport itinerary. I'm tired of all of them. I also lived in central Florida for a brief time. I actually took land vacations to Nassau before I got into cruising. I'm sure there are things to do in Freeport, but you aren't there long enough for any extensive commute. The only good thing about those ports is that the ship isn't crowded for those of us that decide to skip them.

Plenty to do in Freeport if you do some research. It's an industrial port, so no most things are 20 minutes away at minimum. I don't mind a stop there. Never been to a boring port. Just some not as exciting as others.

Care to offer some suggestions?

I did tons of research and the best I could come up with was a day pass at the Grand Lucayan. Would have probably been a great day on a gorgeous beach but we got there and they said they were not selling day passes that day. They told this to people who had already pre-paid!! We still went on the beach which was absolutely gorgeous but that experience left a sour taste in our mouth. Not to mention the drive to the resort was absolutely hideous. The place looks entirely run down and unsafe. Every store or gas station we passed had bars all over their windows/doors and cops were everywhere (that should be a plus, I guess).

Edited by BigB0882

My daughter works at WDW, so we intentionally chose a cruise with Port Canaveral, just so we could see her for a few hours.

Without her there? Probably not. I wouldn't dare do WDW without the entire day. I heard Cocoa Beach was fun and the NASA tour is supposed to be pretty amazing, but I still wouldn't normally choose a cruise to somewhere I can drive to. Heck, some people cruise to New England, apparently, and they leave from Boston. I don't get it, but somebody must be enjoying it.

We had a blast in both Freeport and Nassau, but we'd never been there before, so they were both new to us.

I wouldn't mind going back to either, but there are too many places to see to go on the same cruise again.

I have lived in Baltimore City for most of my life, but I have never been offered more drugs than I was during 30 minutes in Nassau.

Hmm interesting, I have been to Nassau at least 5 times, probably more and never been offered any drugs.

I am a bit of a crazed researcher and planner when it comes to ports, so fortunately I have never had a bad experience in any of the dozens of ports we have been to. Found interesting and fun things to do all over, and yes, that includes Freeport and Nassau. Both have many great options. Just get away from the immediate port areas.