Presidential debates 10/9

rtlk

I live in California. Due to the "winner takes all" nature of the Electoral College my vote doesn't count.

I hear you. Until a couple of months ago, I lived in Washington (always a "blue" state). Now, I live in Idaho (always "red"). So, my vote doesn't count either.

If the debates were conducted like this, then I would want them shown on MUTS. Otherwise....

sumo_suits.jpg

I'm a bit afraid to ask but... What the heck is that? :eek::eek:

Is this what we are "missing" by not watching regular TV?

Really? I haven't sailed on Princess yet, but have been on Carnival twice, and they had ABC/NBC/CBS I believe.

Really.

On royal carribbean, they had network stations from north carolina.

On Carnival, they has some miami stations.

Princess has worthless cable channels, like FoxNews and MSNBC,

so everyone has something to hate regardless of their politics.

Sometimes CNN, but more often CNN international.

They also have a lot of stuff from discovery channel, cnbc, etc.

sourced on the ship.

It would be a horrible idea to show the debate on MUTS. You know exactly what would happen. There would be yelling and cheering and booing and maybe even popcorn flying. And passengers on one side of the election would be looking at passengers on the other side of the election with disdain and anger. And these are people who are more or less confined to living in harmony with one another in a closed environment for the next week or so. Some even sitting at the same dining room table. It is in Princess' best interest to foster an environment that encourages civility and friendship, and having passengers publicly exposing their political preferences (especially in this election) would run directly counter to that objective. For the good of all on board, I pray that they make the debates available on stateroom TVs, but not in public forums.

You have my Vote on this one.

Tony

We will be on the Jan 21 Ruby sailing. Any chance we will be able to watch the AFC & NFC Championship games on Sunday the 22nd?

Princess usually shows those games on MUTS. Princess buys a license to show the game in a public venue and not in the cabin.

I'm a bit afraid to ask but... What the heck is that? :eek::eek:

Is this what we are "missing" by not watching regular TV?

Thrak,

To me it looks like to passengers having a debate over TD or ATD. They already look like they spent to much time at the buffet :D :D

Tony

More than a year and a half ago, when I booked my November 2016 cruise, I never thought about the fact that I'd be on the ship on election day. This election has me very concerned about who the winner is. I sincerely hope I will be able to watch on my stateroom television.

It would be a horrible idea to show the debate on MUTS. You know exactly what would happen. There would be yelling and cheering and booing and maybe even popcorn flying. And passengers on one side of the election would be looking at passengers on the other side of the election with disdain and anger. And these are people who are more or less confined to living in harmony with one another in a closed environment for the next week or so. Some even sitting at the same dining room table. It is in Princess' best interest to foster an environment that encourages civility and friendship, and having passengers publicly exposing their political preferences (especially in this election) would run directly counter to that objective. For the good of all on board, I pray that they make the debates available on stateroom TVs, but not in public forums.

Totally agree with this post, and I also agree with thoughts posted by Thrax.

I would rather watch a football game,and I am not a fan of football.

Don' t truly understand the game- football or politics.

That's a fair point, but perhaps with more limited application. While I suspect showing a match between Arsenal and the Spurs would be divisive on a British Isles cruise, I still think that those blokes could share a pint after the match in a way that could not be replicated after a political debate.

Haven't watched too many North London derbies?

The OP asked if they could watch the debates on the ship? For those that don't care about watching the debates, great, but I'm not sure how that adds to what the OP asked. Let me spew off all the other things I don't like to do.

We were on board Celebrity last week during the first debate. They aired the debate live in the ship's theater. Thankfully, none of the concerns you've mentioned happened. There were some giggles and gasps during a few of those "choice" moments, but no heckling or one party bashing those on the other side of the political fence. Very civilized.

We are just off the RegaL Princess and the debate was televised live in the Vista lounge. The after debate discussion was not shown in Vista only in your own cabin. The debate was well attended and we had a minimal amount of response from the audience.

Charlie

We were on board Celebrity last week during the first debate. They aired the debate live in the ship's theater. Thankfully, none of the concerns you've mentioned happened. There were some giggles and gasps during a few of those "choice" moments, but no heckling or one party bashing those on the other side of the political fence. Very civilized.

That's pretty much as I would expect. Lets hope Princess follows suit for at least the show lounge where more people can attend. MUTS is limited seating to some degree.

We are just off the RegaL Princess and the debate was televised live in the Vista lounge. The after debate discussion was not shown in Vista only in your own cabin. The debate was well attended and we had a minimal amount of response from the audience.

Charlie

Thank you. We're leaving next Saturday on Regal :)

If you're THAT afraid of missing the stinking debate- stay home! :p

But seriously: the networks have been posting the ENTIRE debates immediately after the fact on YouTube. You can check out the first debate as an example before you go- search for it on YouTube and you'll find it in a split second. Watch 'em back at home, plenty of time before the election, and you can spend that extra 90 minutes partying. :)

On the Ruby they showed the first debate on MSNBC in Club Fusion, and in your stateroom it was shown both on Fox and MSNBC. The after debate discussion was not shown except in your stateroom on whichever network you wanted for whichever slant you preferred.

More than a year and a half ago, when I booked my November 2016 cruise, I never thought about the fact that I'd be on the ship on election day. This election has me very concerned about who the winner is. I sincerely hope I will be able to watch on my stateroom television.

At least you'll know who wins and the can decide if you really want to come back...

On the Ruby they showed the first debate on MSNBC in Club Fusion, and in your stateroom it was shown both on Fox and MSNBC. The after debate discussion was not shown except in your stateroom on whichever network you wanted for whichever slant you preferred.

Was it very crowded in Club Fusion?

Did anyone catch a cold from all the sniffling? :D

We were on the Grand 9/25/16 they showed both debates. VP debate in Explorers lounge. Can't remember where the Presidential debate was shown. They also have it on the TV. They have both FOX & MSNBC channels.They said to be fair they would alternate which Network they would have it on.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Forums mobile app