BOGO'S Back

The BOGOHO is a joke. When it first came out a long time ago it was fantastic. I booked a boat load of cruises at amazing prices. Since then, the prices have just gone up up up up up and up. So glad I booked when I did.

B/C Royal has gotten so nuts with their pricing, we are looking at other venues Have 3 Celebrity (with the free bev pkg) and one NCL Sky with the bev pkg booked. As a rule we only booked Royal but not anymore.

How does BOGO work out better for solo travelers? Not in any way questioning your statement, just curious if there is an angle I'm not seeing!

The 30/30 sale gives 10% inside and 20% OV - and the discount does not double! Meaning the solo does not get 20% inside and 40% OV.

Normally a solo pays 200% the double occupancy price - but with BOGOHO the net affect is paying 150% of the "normal" price.

I never thought I'd say it, but I just booked BOGOHO as a solo on Jewel Dec 13th for the very reasons above, not the very best "can't refuse" deal (like Harmony & Explorer recently as discussed on these boards), but really good nonetheless. I book with an online TA, and the excellent obc+perks during their sale sealed the deal.

Anyone else looking for a good buy pre-Xmas cruise? Plenty of good cabins avail. As we speak N interiors are $470US pp (taxes in $1070US for 2 people)/E balconies at approx $600US pp.

I finally had time to sit down and crunch numbers. We have a Christmas cruise booked- a balcony with 2 adults and an inside with 3 adults.

This Christmas cruise has the additional "tips included" offer.

The balcony rate was jacked up so high that even with tips included in the sale, the bottom line cost was $232 more with BOGO.

On the other hand, the BOGO does work to save some money on the inside for 3 adults. 2 adults have tips included, the third pays theirs. For that room it saves $406 - which works out to an actual savings of $380 when I count the $26 OBC I lose by switching rates.

Which is why I finally gave up - Royal credit card is basically worthless now. Used up all my points for OBC to buy bev pkgs. Don't use the card at all anymore. Got the Barclays Elite Mastercard instead. Even with an annual fee, I come WAY out ahead of the Royal card as I get 2x points for everything I buy and can use the points for ANY travel, no just Royal. Plus it gives me back 10% points if I use them for travel. So when I redeem 50,000 points for a $500 credit to my credit card bill, they automatically give me back 5,000 points.

The other thing that is nice is the credit is immediately there. What I hate about the Royal Redemption is the WAITING for them to apply your points. I redeemed points months ago and am still waiting for them to apply them to my various cruises. Stupid, there is no reason why the points should not be applied right away. After my Brilliance cruise in Dec it won't matter anymore. That is the last of my points I had to use up.

Now I will pre-buy my pkg and just cash in points on my Barclay's card to cover it so will still in essence get my bev pkg for free.

I was looking at the RCCL credit card today and had the same thoughts. I have Capital One. Similar travel perks/points like yours. After reading about RCCL today, I realized it would be easier just to use my current credit card on any travel purchase vs waiting for the rules to apply.

Now that the BOGO deal includes free gratuities is that for new bookings only or do you think I can phone up and get them removed??? I know i maybe asking too much here!!!! But you never know!!!!

Thanks.

Is this true? I may need to do the math if gratuities are included at the moment, it may make my cruise come out slightly cheaper. Even if it is only for new bookings, couldn't we cancel and rebook?

I was looking at the RCCL credit card today and had the same thoughts. I have Capital One. Similar travel perks/points like yours. After reading about RCCL today, I realized it would be easier just to use my current credit card on any travel purchase vs waiting for the rules to apply.

Love my capital one signature card for that reason. anything over $50 we use the card and get the double points. charging my airfare, cruise and pre/post hotels earned me over $150 in travel credits.

Is this true? I may need to do the math if gratuities are included at the moment, it may make my cruise come out slightly cheaper. Even if it is only for new bookings, couldn't we cancel and rebook?

The free grats is only for holiday sailings for 2015 and 2016- I believe it is for sailings from Dec 15 - Dec31. I noticed in your signature your sailing is June 2016.

They have been letting folks get the offer but they will re-price your booking at today's rate.

Edited by molly361

The free grats is only for holiday sailings for 2015 and 2016- I believe it is for sailings from Dec 15 - Dec31. I noticed in your signature your sailing is June 2016.

They have been letting folks get the offer but they will re-price your booking at today's rate.

The FREE gratuities for my 12/28/15 cruise would ONLY cost me $1215.00

What a bargain. :D

You do realize that "Buy One, get One 1/2 Off" aka BOGOHO is really just another way of saying that for two travelers in a cabin the two of you get a whooping 25% deduction in the base cruise fare?

You do realize that "Buy One, get One 1/2 Off" aka BOGOHO is really just another way of saying that for two travelers in a cabin the two of you get a whooping 25% deduction in the base cruise fare?

Yep;)

Actually not the standard base cruise fare, but a magically inflated fare so that BOGO often costs more than no BOGO:mad:

Thom