Do you Uber?

E23NK1

We are sailing out of Port Everglades April 15 on Freedom...Flying in the evening before so not really worth the time to rent a car.

I wanted to schedule Uber for a morning pickup to take us to the port...is it best to schedule that the night before?

We have 5 in our group and we don't have Uber here in NY so this is a first for us.

Thanks for the info.

Eric

With Uber or Lyft you also know the car is for you unlike a taxi who takes whoever, even if they have your name.

For 5 you might need 2 Uber's because an XL wouldn't hold 5 plus all the luggage. 2 regular Uber's would most likely be cheaper. I'm not sure though if you need two different accounts or if you can order two at one time from the same phone. I doubt you can for some reason.

We have never done that before.

We used Uber from the Hilton Marina to the Port Everglades in the morning. Took all of about 7 minutes. Leaving however I would suggest a taxi to the airport as they are right there and it's quicker than waiting on Uber to come pick you up.

Lyft is better

Very informative post..............:rolleyes:

As others have said, simply enter the request in the app. We've used both Uber and Lyft and been happy with both. It's usually amazing how quickly they show up.

We had 5 and we used 2 Ubers from airport to PE-- don't use a taxi. (we were forced to use one in upstate NY, which doesn't have Uber, and it was 3x more...). Uber drivers are waiting nearby airport and the pier when you return, and they come very quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for the info...another option is the hotel shuttle...but I dont know if I am patience enough to stop at the other ships before getting to mine (I dont know what we would be last but just figuring...lol)...I just want to get there and start the vacation.

Uber gives you the name of the driver and the make/color and license of their car, so you stand outside and wait wherever you told him/her you'd be. They will call and confirm if there are any questions.

I'll put another vote forward that Lyft is a better option than Uber. I use it frequently, last time in January for a cruise out of Miami. No scheduling necessary, I just put my request in, and by the time I'd hauled my suitcase down the stairs my driver was pulling up to the curb to get me.

Thanks everyone for the info...another option is the hotel shuttle...but I dont know if I am patience enough to stop at the other ships before getting to mine (I dont know what we would be last but just figuring...lol)...I just want to get there and start the vacation.

We used a hotel shuttle once and never again. We were on the Allure and it was the last shuttle stop. The guy who loaded the luggage didn't bother to load it in the correct order so the driver had to take everything out at each stop and look for the correct luggage. Everyone on the shuttle got off to make sure his/her family's luggage was not left at the wrong ship. Needless to say, it took forever to get to the ship and we'll never take another shuttle.

I also live in the ride-sharing dessert also known as upstate NY. I was going to use Uber from FLL to Port Everglades, we are flying in same day. We are 5 people, will we need 2 cars? is XL that much more expensive? How is Lyft different/better? Is the pick up area at FLL convenient? DH said he has heard some airports restrict pickups from Uber type companies to very inconvenient spots to encourage Taxi use.

I'll put another vote forward that Lyft is a better option than Uber. I use it frequently, last time in January for a cruise out of Miami. No scheduling necessary, I just put my request in, and by the time I'd hauled my suitcase down the stairs my driver was pulling up to the curb to get me.

I've never used Lyft. How does that differ from Uber?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

You need to first make sure the cruise port allows Uber/Lyft drivers to pick up and drop off there. When I cruised out of Tampa in January, and we drove up to drop off our luggage, a sheriff was directing traffic and stopped us and asked if I was an Uber driver. He did the same thing when we came back and I got the car from the garage and drove back around to get my sister and the luggage. I got the impression he wouldn't have allowed an Uber driver through (although I can't confirm), although taxis were allowed through.

Edited by emory2001

I fly into FLL all the time and I always use Uber. As soon as you collect your luggage, click on the Uber app. They are usually 6- 10 minutes away, if not less. You might want to grab a luggage cart if you don't want to wheel your bags.

Go out the exit and make an immediate right. Walk several hundred feet to the commercial pick up area (there is a marked sign)- about a 90 second walk, if that much. The Uber driver will call you and tell you to meet there for pick up.

Always check that the license plate on the Uber car matches the license plate that shows up on your app.

Uber is a lot less expensive than a taxi. And there are times that the taxi line is really long and I want to be on my way. And I bet you will too!

We used Uber black SUV for our cruise out of Seattle. We used it four times and got four different black Suburbans which were perfect for our family of five and all our luggage.

Is Uber SUV the largest?...we are traveling as 5 also and probably 5 pieces of luggage.

Thanks.