Bringing soda onboard

Traveller20074

I searched the forum, and the answers are all OVER the place.

They don't allow cases.

The DO allow cases of soda, and you have to tag it with your luggage tags, and it will be delivered to your door.

Not sure I want to drag around a 12 pack with me before I get to the room.

It depends on the port if you are allowed to bring on cases with a luggage tag. There is a lounge designated as a 'drop off luggage area' once you're on board so you don't have to carry it around until the cabin is ready. You can put it in a roller bag and send it through the scanner, easier to get around with.

OR... just buy a soda sticker and don't deal with having to bring it on at all.:D

How about water? Can I bring a flat of water on with me?

the water on the ship is perfectly fine, they purify it. The only thing I can't use it for is the humidifier on my CPAP....need distilled.

Edited by Traveller20074

too expensive for the drink package I think. $6.50/day per person?

we have 6 sailing :)

So....they show an NCL cup at the beverage package page. Is that how it's refilled? Or, do you have to have a crew member fill it at the Buffet?

The mug is just a "souvenir gift" that your receive with purchasing the soda package. NCL puts a sticker on your card. Present your card with the sticker and they will fill a glass or your mug with fountain soda. You can get soda at any bar.

How about water? Can I bring a flat of water on with me?

this is from the NCL question and answer section...

so, this is my answer. We will be parked in the Bell street parking garage, and will have to drag the frig packs across the street, then hopefully, they will take it to my room for me :)

Can we bring a case of arrowhead water on board?

asked 3 months, 4 weeks ago by

boosocks

on Norwegian Pearl

3 answers

Answers

answer 1

You are allowed to bring your own sodas, juices and water. You can check them or carry them on board. The products must be sealed or risk confiscation by the security. Make sure you tag them with your room tags so that they are delivered to your stateroom along with your luggage.

In some ports, they will not check in your soda/water cases with your bags but you can still carry them onboard with you.

You can take as much water, soda, energy drinks etc as you want. As long as it doesn't contain alcohol. You are free to carry it, pack it in your luggage or any other way you can get it on board. As mentioned, different ports have different rules on checking cases of water or soda with the porter.

I would recommend bringing cans instead of the bottles of soda , every bottle in our club soda 6 pack was opened by the "inspector " to make sure they hadn't been refilled with booze...everyone of the bottles went flat.

Anyone know if porters will take it in New York for the Breakaway? Thanks.

We had 2 12 packs of cans of coke and 24 bottles of water in 2 small Roll on suite cases tagged them and left with porter. The extra suitcase was great for putting dirty clothes in for going home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just wondering...since we're on the subject of soda and all...

I know people have mentioned to bring sealed cases of soda on board.

I was wondering, can you have a can or 2 of soda in your carry on bag (not opened of course) to bring on the ship to start you out? We always buy the soda package, but of course have to wait until after our rooms are ready to get the certificate to go get the sticker and would like to bring a few cans on with us.

Any problems with this?

Mitsugirly, you can carry a couple of unopened bottles/cans in your carry on. However, you can get your soda package and stickers applied before you board the ship. There is always a table in the boarding area selling the package or go straight to a bar on the ship, before the rooms are ready, they all can put the stickers on when you buy the package.

Two ports do not let you check soda/water with a room tag. Tampa and New Orleans, don't know about any of the foreign ports. If you put your soda/water in a case you can check it. At times it might get diverted to the "naughty" room for inspection, but you would be called and asked to come down and open it. If you carry it aboard with you, there is always a room designated when you board to store baggage/carry on's and soda/water until your room is ready.

Mitsugirly, you can carry a couple of unopened bottles/cans in your carry on. However, you can get your soda package and stickers applied before you board the ship. There is always a table in the boarding area selling the package or go straight to a bar on the ship, before the rooms are ready, they all can put the stickers on when you buy the package.

Two ports do not let you check soda/water with a room tag. Tampa and New Orleans, don't know about any of the foreign ports. If you put your soda/water in a case you can check it. At times it might get diverted to the "naughty" room for inspection, but you would be called and asked to come down and open it. If you carry it aboard with you, there is always a room designated when you board to store baggage/carry on's and soda/water until your room is ready.

The reason we have to wait until the rooms ready is because we purchase the soda package prior to the cruise. So we can't just go and get the stickers applied until we have the certificate from the room. :)

Great to hear we can put a couple cans in our carry on with no problem. That should tie us over. :D

The reason we have to wait until the rooms ready is because we purchase the soda package prior to the cruise. So we can't just go and get the stickers applied until we have the certificate from the room. :)

Great to hear we can put a couple cans in our carry on with no problem. That should tie us over. :D

You can put as many sodas, waters etc in your carry on as you can carry. There is no limit.

Remember you can adjust the Discretionary Service Charge (DSC), up or down, by simply visiting the customer service desk. You do not need to provide a reason for your adjustment.

Hi can you elaborate on this? Is it the 12% service charges that are 'automatically' added to your OB account?

Remember you can adjust the Discretionary Service Charge (DSC), up or down, by simply visiting the customer service desk. You do not need to provide a reason for your adjustment.

Hi can you elaborate on this? Is it the 12% service charges that are 'automatically' added to your OB account?

It is a $12/person/day discretionary service charge that is added to your account. You can visit the service desk and adjust those charges as you see fit. Some people prefer to tip in person in cash, some people like to add to the DSC, lots of reasons to adjust the DSC.

I bought a "sixer" of Coke cans and a "sixer" of Sprite cans at the Publix in Miami and put them in one of our carryons which I gave to the porter at the cruise terminal. Our other luggage was delivered promptly but this bag didn't show up until almost 7pm and had a red tape stuck to the outside marked "liquor". It wasn't locked so I assume they opened it up to see.

I had a 6 pack of Fiji water in another suitcase and it went through fine. Go figure.

• 8 months later...
I would recommend bringing cans instead of the bottles of soda , every bottle in our club soda 6 pack was opened by the "inspector " to make sure they hadn't been refilled with booze...everyone of the bottles went flat.

Seriously? What port?!!