No more Gelato on AIBP.?

crusinpeg

Never understood why it was ever included in the first place.

It's not a beverage. :rolleyes:

With the NEW lockdown on the Premium Beverage Package I doubt it's valid for that anymore.

It was included in the first place because it accepted coffee card punches

Anyone with 500+ days aboard Princess should know the answer to that.

Thanks happy - I think a previous post said they got Gelato with coffee card punches which I am aware of - not having ever purchased an AIBP package I do not know what is in it - being the seasoned cruiser you are perhaps you know??

For whatever reason, gelato is not coffee or tea. Not sure how that got started either.

Not sure how they made that decision but we're happy they did it. :)

That option has been available since our first Royal cruise in 2013 and looking forward to that option on all of our future Royal cruises including next month.

Based on posts I've read on this forum, whether the AIBP included Gelato's was iffy...some were told "yes"; others "no". Who knows what will happen with PBP because I don't recall Gelato's listed as an AIBP benefit.

Not sure how they made that decision but we're happy they did it. :)

That option has been available since our first Royal cruise in 2013 and looking forward to that option on all of our future Royal cruises including next month.

Based on posts I've read on this forum, whether the AIBP included Gelato's was iffy...some were told "yes"; others "no". Who knows what will happen with PBP because I don't recall Gelato's listed as an AIBP benefit.

Didn't crepes enter into the equation on the Royal/Regal as well? :o

I am the oddball here I guess. I've never even tasted gelato. It's obviously a big deal to a lot of folks. I never understood why it was included with any "beverage" package whether the AIBP or the coffee card. It didn't make sense to me.

That's been my experience & the menus I've read described it as "premium ice cream".

When we had it on Regal, we thought it was closer to ice cream than true Italian recipe gelato. But I still liked it - I like both ice cream and gelato. If memory serves, it made sense to use a coffee punch on Regal, but never on Grand Class where you could get three scoops of gelato. The cost was always much less than the value of a coffee punch, so no thanks, just charge my cruise card. (Have not been on a Grand class for a while now, so might have changed - ask me in Nov after my wife and daughter sail Crown). Without me :eek:

When we had it on Regal, we thought it was closer to ice cream than true Italian recipe gelato. But I still liked it - I like both ice cream and gelato. If memory serves, it made sense to use a coffee punch on Regal, but never on Grand Class where you could get three scoops of gelato. The cost was always much less than the value of a coffee punch, so no thanks, just charge my cruise card. (Have not been on a Grand class for a while now, so might have changed - ask me in Nov after my wife and daughter sail Crown). Without me :eek:

Agree...I liked it but it wasn't Italian gelato. ;)

I use a coffee card punch on the Royal & Regal for a great sundae but wouldn't use a punch on other ships in lieu of paying $1.50 for 3 scoops. On the Royal & Regal the price was originally $2.75 but as I recall it had increased to $3.50. They're big enough to make a meal out of it & that's why sometimes we split one as an afternoon snack.