If you like cold food

rvmike

Cruise the Conquest, Just returned from our May 2, 8 night cruise. The first two nights at Monet we got cold dinners. Watched them sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes before they were brought to our table. On third night same thing and when served cold again I just left and went to Guys Burgers. Breakfast at Blue I got cold tacos and wife also got cold breakfast burrito the next morning. Room service was not much better with cold bagels and cream cheese with the consistency of whipped cream. Last night at the steakhouse was perfect. Service was fantastic along with the entire meal, worth the price. We tried the Bags service but had problems. On our folio it showed just my wife got billed but no paperwork, went to c/s (9am) and was told not to worry both are in the system and paperwork will come later in the day confirmed by supervisor because the person at counter had no answer.. At 4pm still no paper work so back to c/s, My wife was accepted but I was not and no explanation from Carnival or AA. Wife is Gold so just put both bags on hers and off to the airport. We had cabin 7445 with wraparound deck and friends had 7439 so we could open the door and enjoy. When asked the room stewart to open the divider he said no even thought the deck plans show it. Thankfully we just bought a new Motorhome and won,t have to worry about Carnival for some time.

That sounds frustrating! I hate cold food. We sailed Conquest 8 night in March and all our food was hot. Never had a cold meal. Hopefully these are isolated incidents last week and will be resolved!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

What time did you go to dinner? Guy's closes at 6pm doesn't it?

Being on 2 ships in 6 weeks, the Guy's had different hours. On the Pride in March, the hours were 12 (11?) - 6. Just off the Conquest, the hours were 12-2ish, and 6-9:30.

Cold food was the norm on the Triumph cruise for our March 2 -14th sailing.

Not only cold but we were a table of 8 and every night one of us never received at least one thing we didn't order.

While we didn't complain to the Maitre'D we did note these items on our survey when we got home.

And, while I didn't pull the tips I decided to "not" give extra on the last night like I usually do.

Have sailed Conquest at least 3 times and never had such an experience with cold food! In fact, have another cruise booked on her in September and don't expect food issues. Not a lot of folks complaining about food on Conquest, so yours must have been more of an isolated incident.

As for the breakfast burritos, the eggs are sitting there in a bowl. Unless they've come right out of the kitchen, they aren't going to be hot.

They heat the tortilla, but everything that goes in them has been sitting.

Mine on Freedom was better than it was on Conquest. We'll see in a couple of weeks. I'm guessing it's simply a case of when you walk up and how long things have been sitting.

As far as MDR is concerned, I think it also just depends. If a wait team happens to have tables that are full every night, and the people at those tables order multiples and extras, and want "special" items in particular ways, it's going to slow things down for everyone. Some nights, you look around and there are only a handful of people in one particular area and others are packed. Again, just luck of the draw, I think.

I've also sailed solo and sat at a small table alone and spend most of the evening people-watching. Everyone loves to chat with their waitstaff, and those poor people get to stand, and smile, and be polite and friendly (or someone will imagine they're not being nice enough) and the second they're allowed to get on with their work, they have to fly around the room taking care of the tables they had to ignore while people chatted with them.

Just an observation that I don't think many people make because they aren't watching the room. So, as much as we like to chat with the waitstaff, we need to realize that we're slowing them down, and with the number of people they now have to serve, every minute spent chatting is another minute that someone else's food is sitting and getting cold.

I've never had cold food in the MDR on any cruise (Carnival #22 coming up at the end of the month).

Cruise the Conquest, Just returned from our May 2, 8 night cruise. The first two nights at Monet we got cold dinners. Watched them sit on the counter for 10-15 minutes before they were brought to our table. On third night same thing and when served cold again I just left and went to Guys Burgers. Breakfast at Blue I got cold tacos and wife also got cold breakfast burrito the next morning. Room service was not much better with cold bagels and cream cheese with the consistency of whipped cream. Last night at the steakhouse was perfect. Service was fantastic along with the entire meal, worth the price. We tried the Bags service but had problems. On our folio it showed just my wife got billed but no paperwork, went to c/s (9am) and was told not to worry both are in the system and paperwork will come later in the day confirmed by supervisor because the person at counter had no answer.. At 4pm still no paper work so back to c/s, My wife was accepted but I was not and no explanation from Carnival or AA. Wife is Gold so just put both bags on hers and off to the airport. We had cabin 7445 with wraparound deck and friends had 7439 so we could open the door and enjoy. When asked the room stewart to open the divider he said no even thought the deck plans show it. Thankfully we just bought a new Motorhome and won,t have to worry about Carnival for some time.

Why would you not say something to either the Head Waiter or the MD about the cold food? Especially if it happened twice. If I got served cold food in the MDR, I would not only let someone know, I would be sending it back for something hot.

One night, I can sort of understand. It's not 100% perfect. A second night? I'd be complaining and sending it back. A third night?? I'd get the Maitre'D involved and then I'd be demanding new servers or a new table.

I certainly wouldn't just walk out without saying a word. Of course, I'm not exactly the shy retiring type. ;)

I don't send food back to be warmed up (ends up dry). We did tell the MD and also told him our opinion of people in shorts, tee shirts and guys with flip flops on the first formal night. His answer was he can't see all. I'm done.

have Never been served cold food on a carnival cruise and totally agree with NCTribe fan about watching the servers and their trying to do their jobs...I give them a lot of credit, support, and the extra tip

I don't send food back to be warmed up (ends up dry). We did tell the MD and also told him our opinion of people in shorts, tee shirts and guys with flip flops on the first formal night. His answer was he can't see all. I'm done.

They probably had warm food too.