Being nice always pays off on a cruise!

Let me let you in on my secret. About the third day in of a cruise, you will get an interim comment card asking how your trip is going so far. Write how wonderful the crew is, and how the service is beyond compare, and you will probably get a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, a plate of truffles, or a bottle of wine from the hotel manager. It works every time for me!

Has it worked for anyone else?

Not all cruise lines do this. We have never received one until the cruise was over.

We've never been asked to rate how things are going during a cruise. Only at the end, or after we're home when we receive an e-mail survey.

We received a comment card mid cruise on our March 14th Celebrity Equinox cruise. The comment card was geared for anything that wasn't good to please let them know so they could fix it. My sister and brother in law turned theirs in right away and said everything was wonderful and named our dinner server and room steward by name. He received a call from guest services with a bottle of wine. I wouldn't do that just to receive a "freebie". We were genuinely having a wonderful time and had been treated very well by everyone. We filled ours out too, with similar positive comments, but neglected to turn it in.

Let me let you in on my secret. About the third day in of a cruise, you will get an interim comment card asking how your trip is going so far. Write how wonderful the crew is, and how the service is beyond compare, and you will probably get a plate of chocolate covered strawberries, a plate of truffles, or a bottle of wine from the hotel manager. It works every time for me!

It certainly did. :)

Honestly I do not understand why anyone would not be nice on a cruise. :D

Which they ignore.

DON

They don't always ignore it. After one of our cruises my husband wrote to ncl pros/cons of our cruise and we did receive a nice thank you from them.

They don't always ignore it. After one of our cruises my husband wrote to ncl pros/cons of our cruise and we did receive a nice thank you from them.

Yeah, we got a letter in our room on our last cruise thanking us for our comments on our previous cruise. I don't know that anything was changed because of my comments, but they thanked me for them anyway. :D

Nice is not the same as honest.

If everything above is the case, then by all means say so. But if everything isn't wonderful and beyond compare, don't fib just so you can get some strawberries.

It is "nice" to let the cruise line know if something isn't up to par and needs to be addressed. Perhaps the cruise line should give these gifts to anyone who bothers to return the card?

I'm with the others who have never received a comment card until the end of the cruise (which we always take the time to fill out). However, Celebrity has what they call "attention to detail" cards. Sometimes they appear in your room early in the cruise, but you can always pick them up at Guest Relations. I know that lots of folks just use them to get problems taken care of -- and, yes they are good for that. But, we've found that you can also use them to report excellent service from a crew member, or comment positively on a service or amenity. Unlike the comment cards, which go directly to Corporate, the ATD cards stay on the ship, where they are reviewed.

And no, we don't get any "goodies" for filling them out -- we just like to point out when people are going above-and-beyond for us. Our reward has always been the superior level of service that we continue to find on Celebrity's ships. :cool:

Being nice pays off everywhere! I frequently compliment manufacturers when I like their products...sometimes, a nice coupon is sent! If not, oh well.

Just be nice ALL the time...it's the best way to live!

This is cruise line specific and should be put on that lines forum. I have cruised four lines and never got a comment card until the end--if at all.

For the record, I also won't lie if there is a problem with anything to get a $10 bottle of wine or a few pieces of chocolate. All it does is reinforce negative behaviors.

Yeah, we got a letter in our room on our last cruise thanking us for our comments on our previous cruise. I don't know that anything was changed because of my comments, but they thanked me for them anyway. :D

Well, the obc we got for our feedback made it an even nicer thank you.

Most if not all companies appriciate feedback, even if you do not get anything from it.

Which cruise line is this. We have been cruising since 2005, 2 and 3 cruises a year, and never got an interim comment card asking how our cruise is going.

We go to the Passenger Services desk and ask for the cards at the beginning of the cruise. As people do outstanding jobs, we note their names and return the cards. We have also written letters to corporate headquarters when a cruise has been truly outstanding. Once, a Royal Caribbean representative called us to get permission to send the letter to the captain to share with his crew. Two other times Princess has sent us letters in return, and several times sent email. We don't send these comments in to be nice, but rather to let supervisors know when someone is doing a great job.

Asking what was just asked, what cruise line did you get this questionnaire? We have been cruising since 1985, from 1 to 13 cruises in ONE year and have never seen this. We have been on ships of 5 cruise lines that don't exist anymore and NCL, Celebrity, Costa, Carnival, RCCL, Princess and have never gotten any questionnaire until we were off the ship!

Asking what was just asked, what cruise line did you get this questionnaire? We have been cruising since 1985, from 1 to 13 cruises in ONE year and have never seen this. We have been on ships of 5 cruise lines that don't exist anymore and NCL, Celebrity, Costa, Carnival, RCCL, Princess and have never gotten any questionnaire until we were off the ship!

Most recently, Celebrity.