so mad at RCC

I'm on the phone with them right now, just found out that the cabin they booked me in may refuse boarding at the pier because my toddler may not meet the requirements to fit in a playpen. Only problem, they didn't t tell me that when they booked me 3 weeks ago. I specifically told the agent she r would be sleeping with us and he said, that is fine! Hope this works out or I will be very angry...what should I do? I don't want to have to pay more because it was not my mistake, they offered me this cabin, wonder if they would let me cancel and apply it to another cruise in the summer instead of problems in January?:mad:

What are the requirements for a playpen? What are they asking you to pay more for? You are being charged the 3rd person rate for your child, right? Just a little confused where the issue is. Would love to help you out but need to understand the problem better.

What are the requirements for a playpen? What are they asking you to pay more for? You are being charged the 3rd person rate for your child, right? Just a little confused where the issue is. Would love to help you out but need to understand the problem better.

Did a little investigative work and her daughter is 3 years old so there may be an age limit involved when it comes to where the child sleeps.

Edited by cruisenfever

it seems that I got a cheaper cabin because it doesn't fit 3 in the cabin, even though we paid for 3. It fits 1 bed, not 2 beds.

Just got off the phone, they admit it was their mistake and will call me back as to what they will do, because no more cabins available for the 3 of us. They may give us a connecting room at no additional cost....still not happy about this

it seems that I got a cheaper cabin because it doesn't fit 3 in the cabin, even though we paid for 3. It fits 1 bed, not 2 beds.

Just got off the phone, they admit it was their mistake and will call me back as to what they will do, because no more cabins available for the 3 of us. They may give us a connecting room at no additional cost....still not happy about this

Several years ago, our booking was mishandled by RC and we were given a connecting room at no cost. It was wonderful since we had 2 kids with us.

I couldn't have been happier at the resolution that was offered by RC. Mistakes happen, but a good company tries its best to accommodate. I hope you have a similar experience and enjoy your cruise.

I hope they do. I just don't want to hand up with a problem at the pier. If they can resolve it now, then I'm excited again. :)

I do not think you should stress about turned away at the pier.

The problem has been discovered, and they are working on the issue. It can take time. For example, they might free up a triple cabin (for example they move a couple booked in a cabin for three to a cabin built for two); if that happens, you'll get the triple you booked, so all should be fine. No need to stress there. Or, as mentioned, they may give you connecting cabins at no extra cost; that would be sweet...if it happens, rather than stressing, you should be grinning from ear to ear.

they came back with we have no more cabins that can accommodate you but we can give 2 interior rooms....and we get to keep the OBC of the balcony...I told her, it's not acceptable, I've been on 10 cruises and I don't do interior cabins, am I being reasonable? If they have no options for me, can I ask for my refund so I can book something else...I have my flights scheduled and everything

Just MHO, but I would keep politely nudging them to offer you something better. I have sailed in interior cabins, they are not bad, but after planning on a balcony I would not be happy to move to an inside.

What they might end up doing is freeing up a triple by giving someone a free upgrade, which can take time to process and call people.

Keep at it!

Just MHO, but I would keep politely nudging them to offer you something better. I have sailed in interior cabins, they are not bad, but after planning on a balcony I would not be happy to move to an inside.

What they might end up doing is freeing up a triple by giving someone a free upgrade, which can take time to process and call people.

Keep at it!

I agree, keep politely nudging them. You should not have to move from a balcony to an inside when they admit it is their mistake.

Unless I am misunderstanding something, originally poster referred to the child as a "toddler" and RC planned a pack-and-play for the child. Later the child is said to be a 3-year-old. In my opinion a 3-year-old is not a toddler, therefore, I think the original poster has some responsibility here. Might be a communications error as to the age and size of the child, especially if the original booking agent did not do the math as to the child's age and just heard the word "toddler."

Hopefully can be resolved.

that's correct, it's the Allure. I have done interior on my first cruise and have done only balconies ever since. Especially with my daughter, when she takes naps, I enjoy sitting on the balcony and relaxing. if I wanted an interior, I would have booked interior, so much more cheaper. I politely told her it's not acceptable. but the worse part is that I called because I was booking another cruise for july...and bam, this comes up! I don't think I'm being difficult. I know what I like and I like balconies. I wouldn't cruise any other way. Why should I now have to compromise because of their mistake? If it was my mistake, I would have lived with it...First time I booked through them on the phone.

ah . . . no.

Two connecting cabins and keep the higher OBC is a pretty good deal.

Get off your pride and enjoy the cruise . . .

So if RCI called you and said they moved your balcony cabin to two insides, as a free upgrade, you would be happy? I doubt it.

To the OP, I wonder if it has to do with the muster station being full? I know people on Disney who were two people in a cabin, wanting to add a third, but could not because the muster station of that cabin was full. RCI might have realized even a 3 year old takes up a spot on a lifeboat?

No matter the reason, they owe it to you to make it right, even if they give you a huge upgrade.

that's correct, it's the Allure. I have done interior on my first cruise and have done only balconies ever since. Especially with my daughter, when she takes naps, I enjoy sitting on the balcony and relaxing. if I wanted an interior, I would have booked interior, so much more cheaper. I politely told her it's not acceptable. but the worse part is that I called because I was booking another cruise for july...and bam, this comes up! I don't think I'm being difficult. I know what I like and I like balconies. I wouldn't cruise any other way. Why should I now have to compromise because of their mistake? If it was my mistake, I would have lived with it...First time I booked through them on the phone.

Might be a cautionary tale to not book over the phone, based on what I have heard about the customer service of pretty much every cruise line.

ah . . . no.

Two connecting cabins and keep the higher OBC is a pretty good deal.

Get off your pride and enjoy the cruise . . .

What does pride have to do with anything? Having a balcony is one of my absolute favorite parts of a cruise. I love going out there in the morning to watch the sunrise quietly and I just love sitting out there. Obviously you can do this elsewhere on the ship, but I love not having to get dressed in day clothes to enjoy the sea. It would not kill my cruise to be bumped down to interior but it would be removing a huge part of what I look forward to on a cruise. keeping my balcony OBC would not be enough of an apology to make up for losing that balcony.

Unless I am misunderstanding something, originally poster referred to the child as a "toddler" and RC planned a pack-and-play for the child. Later the child is said to be a 3-year-old. In my opinion a 3-year-old is not a toddler, therefore, I think the original poster has some responsibility here. Might be a communications error as to the age and size of the child, especially if the original booking agent did not do the math as to the child's age and just heard the word "toddler."

Hopefully can be resolved.

When I booked, they asked me how old my toddler is...and I told him she is 3. The playpen is for up to 3 years old....there is not the problem. the problem is, which they didn't mention during booking, there is a weight and height restriction. So if she is 3 but weighs more than 30lbs or is taller than a certain height, THEY WILL DISALLOW BOARDING. No one mentioned this to me while booking, I would have said, forget it. And I didn't save that much more on the cabin, I just got a better position (midship instead of FWD)

What does pride have to do with anything? Having a balcony is one of my absolute favorite parts of a cruise. I love going out there in the morning to watch the sunrise quietly and I just love sitting out there. Obviously you can do this elsewhere on the ship, but I love not having to get dressed in day clothes to enjoy the sea. It would not kill my cruise to be bumped down to interior but it would be removing a huge part of what I look forward to on a cruise. keeping my balcony OBC would not be enough of an apology to make up for losing that balcony.

that is exactly right!