Go ahead, flame away!!!

pungo3

Wow, I hope someone from Carnival sees this thread and upgrades you big time. Boarded up window??? I can't even imagine. I hope you have a nice time on Freedom and enjoy exploring the other cruise lines.

No flame from me either. We just received notice yesterday that our cruise for April 11 2015 has been cancelled due to someone chartering the entire ship. This in itself would not normally be enough to get me to jump ship. However, we were scheduled to sail on the sunshine last year to have that cruise cancelled due to repositioning the ship to a new port. Ok we then turned around last year and re booked to go on the Breeze. Our group is 5 cabins with most air and lodging booked and paid for for before and after cruise. Now to recieve cancelation with a 50.00 obc for our trouble. I think not. Looks like we will not be sailing with Carnival and have probably now already found another line that will still meet our already set dates. Sorry Carnival but the amount of time and effort put into our vacation to be cancelled twice is to much for us. We have always enjoyed our Carnival cruises and do not understand this. Could be we were the only ones booked so no big deal to carnival. Flame me if you want. Beyond caring at this point

Wow, I hope someone from Carnival sees this thread and upgrades you big time. Boarded up window??? I can't even imagine. I hope you have a nice time on Freedom and enjoy exploring the other cruise lines.

Mischelle Beattie, among other company representatives do read these boards. On occasion, she does respond under her username, CCL Mischelle. Someone will soon share this post with John Heald also. Unfortunately, Carnival does not care and she won't "get upgraded big time," which can be proved by her boarded up oceanview window.

Pungo: I'm very sorry for the issues you had experienced. I wish you the very best of luck with the next cruise line you choose to patronize. Hopefully you won't experience the same service failures and they can eventually become your preferred cruise line.

No flame from me either. We just received notice yesterday that our cruise for April 11 2015 has been cancelled due to someone chartering the entire ship. This in itself would not normally be enough to get me to jump ship. However, we were scheduled to sail on the sunshine last year to have that cruise cancelled due to repositioning the ship to a new port. Ok we then turned around last year and re booked to go on the Breeze. Our group is 5 cabins with most air and lodging booked and paid for for before and after cruise. Now to recieve cancelation with a 50.00 obc for our trouble. I think not. Looks like we will not be sailing with Carnival and have probably now already found another line that will still meet our already set dates. Sorry Carnival but the amount of time and effort put into our vacation to be cancelled twice is to much for us. We have always enjoyed our Carnival cruises and do not understand this. Could be we were the only ones booked so no big deal to carnival. Flame me if you want. Beyond caring at this point

Wow twice in a row and only 50 bucks for your trouble no wonder you are upset and rightly so.

Sorry you are having so many issues. I know you & know you are the calm, carefree cruiser who doesn't let the little things bother you. I don't blame you a bit. The good old days of cruising the Fun Ships are long gone. :( It's sad watching the decline over the last few years.

Hope we can get together soon for a land cruise.

We've always listed Carnival as our favorite line, platinum standing as a result. We've had a few incidents over the years that we laughed off and continued to be loyal, maybe it's time to look elsewhere. I really get the feeling they don't care/

No flaming here.

But you're much calmer than I am, as I would never allow myself to "overlook" those MAJOR issues.

First, I would confirm with TA or Carnival immediately on Carnival's website to ensure that $200 OBC is on there, if not, cancel booking.

Second, I would confirm that my boarding pass says I'm "Platinum" & "Priority" boldly on top. Would not allow Carnival to ever "downgrade" your status, since you've earned it.

Third, I'll file a claim for the damaged luggage.

Lastly, once I get to the room, if I see my paid-for "Oceanview" window boarded up, it instantly turns into an "inside" room! I would immediately march down to Purser's desk to DEMAND them to move us to a real Oceanview cabin. Same thing cabin next to constant construction noise ...

Sorry, I am adamant about getting what I've paid for/earned, so I try to correct things as they come up & not "overlook" them & let them build up.

We had a situation once where we booked a cabin at the very front end of the ship, literally the front! & they assigned us a table in the aft MDR at the very back end of the ship. Maitre'D wouldn't change it & Purser's desk wouldn't change it. We came back with our passports, along with Carnival's satisfaction guarantee to refund our money & fly us back at the next port. They gave us drink coupons at the bar & said what they can do. An hour later, when I got back to our cabin, an envelope from the Maitre'D informing us that we got a nice window table for 4 in the mid MDR...

Just nicely ask with a smile...

I understand totally OP. Although I like to say that I didn't leave Carnival, Carnival left me. ;) Their stripping away Platinum benefits was just one last middle finger from them to the past cruisers.

They've gotten too far away from being concerned with providing a good experience, and far too concerned with cost cutting to keep fares low. It cheapens the experience, and turns off many folks.

Letting a guy from finance run the company was a tremendously bad idea. Cahill should not only be fired, but thrown out into the street with any like-minded minions. We all miss the good old days with Uncle Bob.

So I'll keep sailing with RCI for the time being. Their past guest program is awesome, especially at the Diamond level and above. The nightly cocktail parties sure beat the heck out of that insulting little coupon that Carnival gives me!

So, OP went from this post ....

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think I can find negative reviews for every ship I've been on, yet I've never had a problem. In 30 cruises, I've really only had a negative experience 1 time, and that was due to the passengers, not the crew/staff/ship. I love cruising and just go and have fun. I enjoy reading reviews of cruises I've been on and see the different perceptions of other passengers. I hope you enjoy all your future cruises.

To the one above less than eight hours later?? My, how things change!!

So, OP went from this post ....

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I think I can find negative reviews for every ship I've been on, yet I've never had a problem. In 30 cruises, I've really only had a negative experience 1 time, and that was due to the passengers, not the crew/staff/ship. I love cruising and just go and have fun. I enjoy reading reviews of cruises I've been on and see the different perceptions of other passengers. I hope you enjoy all your future cruises.

To the one above less than eight hours later?? My, how things change!!

I wondered about that too:)

As for what ship a poster inquired about, I wonder if it's Breeze. After some looking around, I found a Tom Joyner Foundation ad for that date. Another group of u tubers was posting here, but they were testing the waters for a fantasy sized ship.

I was getting my flame thrower ready but it ran out out of nepalm. ..darn that always happens when I want it.

Well the OP hasnt been back yet to answer ANY questions about her latest or past expierences. Guess she was serious about being done & not posting in Carnival section anymore.

Boarded window? That sucka would have been kicked out and splashed into the sea if they didnt move me. Then that unsafe window would have got me a new room know matter how many times maintenance kept fixing it.

...geee. idunno, it keeps falling off. Hope no one falls out that open hole.

Sorry OP had such bad service & luck. But all the 'overlooked' stuff would drive me crazy. Im reasonable but the squeeky wheel gets the oil.

Edited by brianosaur

While we have never had a problem with some minor issues we have faced on CCL, I can see how improperly handled problems can add up to a point of disgust for others- especially the boarded-up window and destroyed luggage. We were not thrilled when CCL changed their loyalty program, so we recently began "testing the waters" on other lines. While we still find CCL the best bang for the buck, NCL has been coming in a close second. Sometimes change is good!

While we have never had a problem with some minor issues we have faced on CCL, I can see how improperly handled problems can add up to a point of disgust for others- especially the boarded-up window and destroyed luggage. We were not thrilled when CCL changed their loyalty program, so we recently began "testing the waters" on other lines. While we still find CCL the best bang for the buck, NCL has been coming in a close second. Sometimes change is good!

Agreed. We also had some dissatisfaction and decided we wanted to see more of the world and recently did our first Princess cruise and just booked a second one for next year.

Definitely not flaming! Sounds liked you have been getting the short end of the stick. Can't say I blame you. We have always had great experiences with Carnival,but if I experienced even half of what you did I'd jump ship too!!!!! Good luck.

There is no way I'd flame someone for what you say you've experienced especially the boarded up window, but you also posted the following yesterday...

" I think I can find negative reviews for every ship I've been on, yet I've never had a problem. In 30 cruises, I've really only had a negative experience 1 time, and that was due to the passengers, not the crew/staff/ship. I love cruising and just go and have fun. I enjoy reading reviews of cruises I've been on and see the different perceptions of other passengers. I hope you enjoy all your future cruises.:D"

So op, according to that post (which is from a Carnival thread) you've only had 1 negative experience in 30 cruises but in this thread you've had so many you are leaving Carnival? I also see you haven't returned to this thread which is odd especially when everyone is agreeing with you.

If you want me to buy this I only ask that you explain your 2 totally different stories.

Edited by gregg204

There is no way I'd flame someone for what you say you've experienced especially the boarded up window, but you also posted the following yesterday...

" I think I can find negative reviews for every ship I've been on, yet I've never had a problem. In 30 cruises, I've really only had a negative experience 1 time, and that was due to the passengers, not the crew/staff/ship. I love cruising and just go and have fun. I enjoy reading reviews of cruises I've been on and see the different perceptions of other passengers. I hope you enjoy all your future cruises.:D"

So op, according to that post (which is from a Carnival thread) you've only had 1 negative experience in 30 cruises but in this thread you've had so many you are leaving Carnival? I also see you haven't returned to this thread which is odd especially when everyone is agreeing with you.

If you want me to buy this I only ask that you explain your 2 totally different stories.

The OP did say they were also leaving the CCL forum, which may explain why they haven't been back.