A few hours to kill in Fort Lauderdale post-cruise

laurenes9

I am sailing on the Oasis this Saturday and after getting off the ship around 10 AM (at the latest) the following week my flight isn't until almost 3. Does anyone have any suggestions on something local to do or somewhere to good to grab a bite to eat. We won't have our bags with us as we are planning on using the luggage valet service so we would rather wander around a bit than sit in the airport. Thanks in advance for all your suggestions!!

Thanks for the help! The brunch at American Social definitely seems like a good option! As for the airboat trip, I know that it is offered through RCI, does anyone know what time leaves in the morning and returns to the airport?...I can't seem to find this info on the website.

We are doing this in November after our Allure cruise. Do you know how far it is from the port? I'm assuming to take a taxi. Any ideas on how much that will cost us?

Thanks!

The Everglades park is about 25 miles from the port and airport so a taxi would be expensive. It might make more sense to book an excursion.

My favorite area to wander around is Las Olas.

Thanks for the help! The brunch at American Social definitely seems like a good option! As for the airboat trip, I know that it is offered through RCI, does anyone know what time leaves in the morning and returns to the airport?...I can't seem to find this info on the website.

The excursions to Everglades will have you at the airport 12:30-1:00.

Last October we did the river boat excursion of FLL offered through RCI after our Allure cruise. This year we had planned on doing the Everglades excursion through RCI, but it's not offered for our sailing. The only one we have on our cruise is a tour of Miami. We are flying out of FLL and not until around 4 PM. Still trying to decide what we are going to do, but I'm wondering why the Everglades tour or for that matter, the river boat one isn't offered for our upcoming cruise. Odd.

We have brunch at American Social just about every Sunday and it is fantastic.

$22 all you can eat, made to order omlets, crab legs, shrimp, bacon, sausage, etc. $10 extra for bottomless mimosas.

Boozy Brunch is the best meal of the day!

I'm looking for a good brunch recommendation (bottomless mimosas a plus! :p) for a Saturday before the cruise. Any thoughts?

This list of great brunch places just came out:

http://www.mirabelsmagazinecentral.com/DigitalEdition/index.html?id=a516a65d-8e5c-4799-9e83-0b341a4e063f&pn=111&pv=d&utm_source=mobilestorm&utm_medium=gclblast&utm_campaign=gclblast3jul14_p111