Perfume...your opinion

CCC3

Total newbie here, so forgive the utter stupidity of this question. Booked out first cruise for the end of May to the western caribbean. Will I want to take perfume on the trip? Haha...yes I shower daily and wear antiperspirant--but have never been this far south and not sure if it would even last in the possible heat/humidity. And no...I am not that annoying woman who wears so much you smell her before you see her. I'm talking about a spritz in the morning or before dinner. Forgive a newbie for asking...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Total newbie here, so forgive the utter stupidity of this question. Booked out first cruise for the end of May to the western caribbean. Will I want to take perfume on the trip? Haha...yes I shower daily and wear antiperspirant--but have never been this far south and not sure if it would even last in the possible heat/humidity. And no...I am not that annoying woman who wears so much you smell her before you see her. I'm talking about a spritz in the morning or before dinner. Forgive a newbie for asking...

Who cares?

Thanks for asking. I am a smoker (I see flames coming) who is very sensitive to perfume. What you describe (a spritz in the morning) would be no problem.

The problem with perfume users is that they overdo it. I often think of the days when hair spray was popular and it was more than I could bear, it was horrible. Anyway, perfumes are great when people know how to properly use them without asphyxiating everybody near them.

For your concern underarm deodorant would also work.

Really? The above is all crap advice. I have been cruising since 1999. I always bring and wear perfume. I am also from Puerto Rico (warm and humid) we all wear perfume and antiperspirant.

Bring the perfume and antiperspirant. Your date and table mates will all appreciate it.

"Half of a DINK and proud of it!."😜

You can buy perfume on all cruise ships that I have been on. I find this a great place to test out a new fragrance. After showering and getting dressed in the evening, I like to go buy the shop for a light spritz. I have to live with a fragrance for a few hours to see if it gives me a headache or not. This is a good place to test drive something new.

While you're on the ship and the ship is moving, there will be enough of a breeze to help reduce the effects of heat and humidity. While in port, that will be different. Take your perfume, and apply as you would on a hot day at home. Don't listen to the morons on here. Just use common sense.

We think perfume is fine, but that all wearers should be required to spend a couple of hours in a small gas chamber (like an elevator) with key members of their family. If they all survive...then all is well :). Personally, if I am bothered by perfume (which is often) I can simply move. But when it happens in the dining room (nothing improves the flavor of good food and wine as the reeking odor of perfume) then it does become a problem. There are certainly more then a few folks who just figure that some people wear perfume to cover up their own Bromhidrosis.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

I always pack it. Always. I wouldn't feel right without it. I probably wouldn't put it on in the morning before leaving for the day in port, but I would after returning from port after having a shower and getting cleaned up for dinner.

It's up to you when and where you wear it but I wouldn't not pack it.

When I travel, I bring small roll-on perfume bottles. Small enough to fit in your purse and the lid twists on tight. You can buy them pretty much anywhere you can buy perfume: department stores, Sephora, Ulta, etc, and they usually aren't very expensive.

Really? The above is all crap advice. I have been cruising since 1999. I always bring and wear perfume. I am also from Puerto Rico (warm and humid) we all wear perfume and antiperspirant.

Bring the perfume and antiperspirant. Your date and table mates will all appreciate it.

"Half of a DINK and proud of it!."

Maybe the antiperspirant but not necessarily the perfume. Nothing I dislike more than smelling someone's perfume that I can't stand the smell of and especially at dinner.

We think perfume is fine, but that all wearers should be required to spend a couple of hours in a small gas chamber (like an elevator) with key members of their family. If they all survive...then all is well :).

Hank

Absolutely the most distasteful, insensitive, and disgusting post I have ever seen on CC. Shame on you, Hank.

Absolutely the most distasteful, insensitive, and disgusting post I have ever seen on CC. Shame on you, Hank.

The OP asked for opinions and no need to shoot the messenger :). Besides, when I think of the words "distasteful," "insensitive," and even sometimes "disgusting" that fits being stuck next to somebody reeking of too much perfume.

Here is a link to an interesting article on perfume (and scents):

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/features/fragrance-allergies-a-sensory-assault

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

The OP asked for opinions and no need to shoot the messenger :). Besides, when I think of the words "distasteful," "insensitive," and even sometimes "disgusting" that fits being stuck next to somebody reeking of too much perfume.

Here is a link to an interesting article on perfume (and scents):

http://www.webmd.com/allergies/features/fragrance-allergies-a-sensory-assault

Hank

Unbelievable. Any respect just flew out the window.

Another example of why there was a need for today's UN meeting.