Upgrade after final payment

JS is now cheaper than my d2. We sail in a month...

Is it possible to upgrade after you've paid in full?

Unelss there is some restriction (new bookings) on the JS, you should be able to upgrade. You won't get any money or credit back.

Edited by clarea

We have done that several times, and is the reason I watch closely after final payment. You never know

when opportunity lands in your lap. Call Customer Service and enjoy your new JS! :)

Ya... The problem is we booked through a travel agent.. He is away currently... So RCI can't do anything...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ya... The problem is we booked through a travel agent.. He is away currently... So RCI can't do anything...

Oh no!! Hope your TA gets back soon, or at least checks their messages! :o

If your agent works for an agency, you can ask someone else in the agency to help you.

He's a solo act..

Unfortunate. I use an excellent agent that works out of her home, but is affiliated with a large agency, so I've been able to use someone at the agency those rare times she is unavailable and I don't want to wait for her to come back.

It all depends on who you talk to. I was past my final payment date and I upgraded to a cheaper JS from a D4 and I was able to throw the difference at my gratuities.

Edit: just noticed you use a TA.

It all depends on who you talk to. I was past my final payment date and I upgraded to a cheaper JS from a D4 and I was able to throw the difference at my gratuities.

Edit: just noticed you use a TA.

What year did this happen?

You were fortunate because Royal stopped giving price drops after final payment back in 2010.
Ugh. Travel agent says RCI said no.. "RCCL Res told me no based on the promo terms of the new lowered rate..Sorry."

Ugh. Travel agent says RCI said no.. "RCCL Res told me no based on the promo terms of the new lowered rate..Sorry."

That's what I was afraid of, must be limited to new bookings.

Same thing happened to us until we reminded the RC person we would be giving up two hump balconies. I was put on hold then told we could upgrade to JS for $10 per room. And we got the double points. This was on the FOTS.

Same thing happened to us until we reminded the RC person we would be giving up two hump balconies. I was put on hold then told we could upgrade to JS for $10 per room. And we got the double points. This was on the FOTS.

Do you recall if that sailing on the Going Going Gone sale? Just trying to see if there's a pattern.

Bob, Fairly sure it was. If we were not giving up hump balconies, it was going to be a no go. Linda

Thanks. They do seem to want to enforce the "new booking" thing more if the price is part of the GGG sale.

Do you recall if that sailing on the Going Going Gone sale? Just trying to see if there's a pattern.

When we sailed on Rhapsody TA a couple of months ago, they had JS's on sale for a great price so I wanted to upgrade my D1 to a JS and just pay the difference. Royal said I couldn't do it because it was on a GGG sale -- first time bookings only. A few days later it went on sale as a "weekend special" so I was able to upgrade and pay the difference.