Turning 18 and Captains Club

4ready2cruz

My dd will also be 18 in a few weeks. When I spoke to Celebrity back in Nov booking our next cruise the rep in the UK office said to contact the captains club after her birthday and she could be given a cc number and the cruises she had been on in the past would be credited to her :).

I'm crossing my fingers that in a couple of weeks when I phone the cc office will do this.

Sent from my S30 using Forums mobile app

Both of my children received credit for becoming Elite when they turned 18.

Just called Captains club and it was taken care of.

They did have their list of cruises they had taken on Celebrity and with one discrepancy, which was fixed with a a booking number we had for them.

No worries.

They did have their list of cruises they had taken on Celebrity and with one discrepancy, which was fixed with a a booking number we had for them.

No worries.

The only warning is that Celebrity's computer systems have changed over the years so going way back may be difficult. That's why seapass cards or other evidence is important.

A little confused. Why wait until 18? Obtained cc #;s for my children many years ago when they were still pre-teens. All immediately became Elite based on my standing at the time.

I was still Elite when they turned 18, so believe that in order for them to advance to E+ they need to earn 750pts on their own. Right?

A little confused. Why wait until 18? Obtained cc #;s for my children many years ago when they were still pre-teens. All immediately became Elite based on my standing at the time.

I was still Elite when they turned 18, so believe that in order for them to advance to E+ they need to earn 750pts on their own. Right?

Yes they must accumulate the required points on their own. If they haven't been on a cruise, even though they inherit your elite status they have zero points.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Because, officially, they can't join the Captain's Club until they are 18 - it's not the same as Royal where the kids can have junior membership. However, after saying all that, years ago, they were allowed to join as minors and that's why a few slipped through the net ;).

It's not automatic, you need to make a call to Captain's Club to get her enrolled. Be sure to take a close look at her cruise history and total points to be sure she's being credited for every cruise she took. If not, find documentation to prove her cruise history and it will be given to her.

My daughter was 13 when they allocated a Captains Club number. I can log onto her account and it shows all the cruises she has done and the points she has. She isn't 18 until the end of this year. Her account says she is Elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My daughter was 13 when they allocated a Captains Club number. I can log onto her account and it shows all the cruises she has done and the points she has. She isn't 18 until the end of this year. Her account says she is Elite.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My son was 7 when he had a five digit Captains Club number. At the time it was allowed but that has changed. Your daughter getting a number was obviously a screw up.

No worries.

Great to hear! My children will (technically) have earned elite status after our next trip. Seems like a nice thing for them to have as young adults. Hope getting them credit will be as easy as you describe.

Just to clarify for anyone reading this thread. In the 90s when Celebrity first started the Captains Club you had to have actually sailed at least one Celebrity or Chandris cruise in order to join the CC. At the time you paid a fee, (we paid $35) to join and it included membership for all members of the family. In my family my wife, daughter age 9 and son age 7 and myself all received our own cards with separate numbers. At some point about 15 years ago or so Celebrity changed the whole program and made the decision that only those 18 and over could join CC. They did however allow those who had cruised prior to 18 to have those cruises put on their record and give them the associated status.

Some including myself had to turn in paperwork to get some of those cruise credited on the kids accounts who are now well over 18. This was due to the fact that the CC had at lease two different computer changes that I am aware of and some info did not get carried over. Also, they had employees who had no clue of the previous procedures. One person told me there was absolutely no way my child could have been a Captains Club member at under 18. Computer programming is better now so hopefully most of these cruise will be credited in the future.

Our son is now Elite Plus on Celebrity and Diamond Plus on Royal....he may get to Zenith although we never will!

I wish I had had parents far sighted enough to take me cruising!

That's what happens when parents are paying for their cruises, especially when they sail in suites ;). I'm hoping that one day our kids will pay for us to cruise - I'm not holding my breath though :D.

That's what happens when parents are paying for their cruises, especially when they sail in suites ;). I'm hoping that one day our kids will pay for us to cruise - I'm not holding my breath though :D.

No, I wouldn't hold my breath either! In years to come we will probably be paying not only for children but partners and grandchildren too!......and we will feel very grateful they will still come with us!

No, I wouldn't hold my breath either! In years to come we will probably be paying not only for children but partners and grandchildren too!......and we will feel very grateful they will still come with us!

Yes, we'll be the perfect babysitters for them too :D. We said to our eldest that in the next few years he'll probably want to go on holiday with his own friends. He replied that may be the case, but he'd still like to join us when we cruise as well :rolleyes: :').