Petty Theft on the Dawn

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:08 PM.
1 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
We just got off the Princess Emerald on June11th. My husband had a brand new Columbia shirt hanging in the closet. It disappeared along with a pair of his echo sandels. It happens. There is always a bad apple (in this case steward) on any ship. In this case we were in the lucky room. We thought our valuables were in the safe. I guess not. This was our 15th cruise using different cruise lines and he has never had that happen before. As I said it happens....we will still cruise
Yorkshire, UK
6,479 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
We've had a couple of little issues, our Xmas decorations were taken from the door and security followed the cameras and people and found they were taken in a drunken cabin raid on the deck and we're all stuffed by the people involved into the trash. We were offered them back but we're all broken and the answer was that they had 'dealt' with the people concerned but would not say

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Vero Beach, Fl
379 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
This is why I use my Kyss totebag on cruises. It can be easily locked to your chair and the lock keeps the zipper from being unzipped. Uses a 3 digit lock. The fabric is resistant to being cut also. I keep my kindle, ipad and phone in it. I have used it a lot in public places where I might have to leave my stuff to use the pool or beach.

Mary Ann
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sailed:
Commodore
Carnival
RCL
NCL
Princess
Cunard
Celebrity
HAL
54 Countries-6 Continents & Counting
Patriot Nation
4,408 Posts
Joined Jul 2008
WoW
New's flash on Boston's radio.

Be On the look out for lady with multiple bag's that walked away with a $40,000 violin in South Station in the seaport district.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Platinum +
The cure for anything is salt water .
Sweat, Tears,or
The Sea !!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. ~Mark Twain

NCL Dream Bermuda June2008
NCL Dream Bermuda Oct. 2008
NCL Spirit Bermuda Sept. 2009
NCL Spirit Boston to Quebec Sept.2009
NCL Spirit Quebec to Boston Oct. 2009
NCL Spirit Bermuda June 2010
NCL Sun W. Caribbean Nov.2010
NCL Dawn Bermuda Sept. 2011
NCL Dawn Bermuda Oct. 2011
NCL Dawn Bermuda June 8th 2012
NCL Dawn Bermuda June 22 2012
NCL Dawn Bermuda Sept 2012
NCL Dawn Boston to Quebec Oct. 2012
NCL Dawn Quebec to Boston Oct. 2012
NCL Dawn Western Caribbean Apr. 14th 2013
NCL Dawn North bound Repo Apr. 21st 2013
NCL Dawn Bermuda Sept. 2013
NCL Dawn South bound Repo Nov. 2013
NCL Dawn Bermuda July 11 2014
NCL Dawn Boston to Quebec Sept. 12 2014
NCL Dawn Quebec to Boston Sept. 19 2014
NCL Dawn Bermuda Oct. 10 2014
NCL Dawn Bermuda Sept. 4 2015
NCL Dawn Bermuda August 26th 2016
NCL Dawn Bermuda June 9th 2017
Do not be afraid of dying, be afraid of not living life to it's fullest !
Florida
2,438 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Shanlon42
No, thank goodness! I had it on the booth seat next to me but on the outside instead of the inside. I've never made that mistake again! I have to carry a small bag on board because of my severe allergy emergency kit but it's a crossbody now
A crossbody bag is the ONLY kind of bag I carry. It is peace of mind.
45 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Originally posted by UFMOM
This is why I use my Kyss totebag on cruises. It can be easily locked to your chair and the lock keeps the zipper from being unzipped. Uses a 3 digit lock. The fabric is resistant to being cut also. I keep my kindle, ipad and phone in it. I have used it a lot in public places where I might have to leave my stuff to use the pool or beach.

Mary Ann
We were looking at getting one of those since we do a lot of beach vacations and are planning/booked multiple cruises. I guess that you like it? Any other information you would share?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature