Ultimate Ship Tour

ckb104

Anyone taken the Ultimate Ship Tour? Did you find it to be worth the money? Seeing the bridge would be amazing! Was the walking doable for someone who has some stamina, but might be a little slow? It's hard to find much info about it on the website. The page I found said that it is $150, but I'm not sure if that is up-to-date. Any info or thoughts about the tour would be great.

Anyone taken the Ultimate Ship Tour? Did you find it to be worth the money? Seeing the bridge would be amazing! Was the walking doable for someone who has some stamina, but might be a little slow? It's hard to find much info about it on the website. The page I found said that it is $150, but I'm not sure if that is up-to-date. Any info or thoughts about the tour would be great.

There is a lot of walking, so you would need the stamina. However, you don't walk long distances quickly, and I don't think walking a little slow would be a problem. If you are selected for the tour, then discuss your specific walking issues at Passenger Services before the tour.

I've done it a couple of times and felt I got my money worth, the gifts you get are nice but allow a lot of room in your suitcase for the bathrobe. I think you could keep up with the walking but there are a lot of stairs to climb and that might be a bigger issue. Overall a nice behind the scene look at how the crew lives and works.

If you decide to sign up for it...run, do not walk to passenger services as soon as you board. Also, either pack light (you'll need lots of room in the suitcase for the swag) or bring an empty small suitcase (the robes take up a lot of room). If you're flying figure the extra weight into your calculations, the robes weigh almost 3 pounds EACH.

We did it once and liked it a lot. Very interesting! There is a lot of walking, but I think they'll go slow enough to accommodate the folks doing the tour. When we did it, we got to climb a ladder out on deck and go up to some sort of area behind the Sea Witch on the side of the ship. Don't know if they still do that or not, but that was great.

We have done it a few times. The last time I had had a stroke two months prior to our cruise, I was 50yrs old.

I did have some issues but told them when I signed up.

Someone came and interviewed me and I did some walking and a few stairs and they decided I would be ok, and if it got too much to let them know.

I was slower but everyone got to spend longer at each spot so a win win for all.

We used the lift when we could and they were very accommodating.

We were on Dawn Princess and as it was so humid in the ports I was unable to do most port excursions. So we looked at the UST as one of our excursions.

Love love love the tour!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Christine-

Read this detailed review. It convinced me!

boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51688142&postcount=47

Carolyn

Christine-

Read this detailed review. It convinced me!

boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51688142&postcount=47

Carolyn

We have taken this tour twice-once on the CROWN and just last month on the STAR. We always find it very interesting and consider the cost similar to taking an excursion. With the first tour, the robe was the very heavy one and on the STAR, we were given the lighter weight robe but definitely of better quality than the ones in the cabin. Of course, visiting the BRIDGE is the highlight of each tour and I was quite interested in seeing the anchors too. :)

If you decide to sign up for it...run, do not walk to passenger services as soon as you board.

When we did it, it was a lottery, so you could sign up for the first few days. It was even advertised

in the patter.

Originally, we got only one invitation. The night before we got a note that someone had

dropped out, so that both Mrs. Pablo and I could attend.

I felt bad for one in our group...

It was a big group -- like 30 people or so. We'd go to different places, and everyone would

squeeze in -- like the print shop.

The woman dropped out after the first 5 minutes, because she didn't like crowds.

(seems like a cruise vacation is probably the wrong choice to begin with...)

We thoroughly enjoyed it on the Regal, figured if I was going to spend $300 for the two of us I wanted to see the most up to date ship. Loved standing on the bridge, but found the galley and food area prep/storage tour and the laundry to be the most interesting to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did it once (Coral 2009) and really enjoyed it - very interesting, especially the time on the bridge and chatting with the Captain. The photograph was nice and so was the robe. They could of kept the chef jacket, IMO. Too bad they don't offer the tour without the robe and chef jacket as we would definitely jump on that opportunity.

We did the UST on our Alaska Cruise on the Golden. It was our 20th Anniversary year so we splurged and loved it. A lot of interesting information. The kitchen tour was quite fun. There was this machine that makes dinner rolls that everyone oohh'd and aahh'd over. The guide had to laugh, he said that machine always seemed to get the biggest response and was probably one of the oldest pieces of equipment in the galley.