New Terminal Port Canaveral

pupskate

I was on the Freedom of the Seas in August. At one of the talks, the Captain had just toured the construction of the new pier, and said things were on track for the Freedom to start docking there in November.

Aloha,

John

I was on the Freedom of the Seas in August. At one of the talks, the Captain had just toured the construction of the new pier, and said things were on track for the Freedom to start docking there in November.

Aloha,

John

The Freedom is already docked at Canaveral. The new terminal is for an even bigger ship. I wonder if the Oasis or Allure will be making a move.

They have had trouble removing old pilings, which must be done prior to constructing the new pilings for cruise ships. I talked to a Port C Port Authority official a few months ago and he thought the terminal would be finished by Nov. 15, 2014 but a person on a rollcall talked to an official last week and they are not projecting a late December, 2014 opening. RCI will continue to use Terminal 10 and also has an option to use that terminal after the new terminal opens.

Here is the link to the webcam for the new terminal's construction. http://webcampub.multivista.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=aPublicWebcam.embed&WebcamPublicEmbedUID=873D8514-F022-46B4-94F1-2FDB6070F759&width=&height

The Freedom is already docked at Canaveral. The new terminal is for an even bigger ship. I wonder if the Oasis or Allure will be making a move.

I believe Freedom and Enchantment will move to terminal 1 once it is ready.

Aloha,

John

Yeah, no more drawbridge

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The PC Port Authority guy I talked to told me that the terminal and garage will be big enough for a ship that has 4,000 - 6,000 passengers.

It's been all over the news. The construction company said it was on schedule. Was there this morning and they are close to be finished with the dredging and were tearing up the old boat ramps.

The road in front of grills is still closed but should be opens in a couple of weeks.

It's been all over the news. The construction company said it was on schedule. Was there this morning and they are close to be finished with the dredging and were tearing up the old boat ramps.

The road in front of grills is still closed but should be opens in a couple of weeks.

Webcam view is awful this morning, seems fogged up

We ate there last Sunday and they were working on the road in front of grills. I just can't find anything. We listen to news 13 for local and wesh, just had not heard an update. We are going on the Halloween cruise so will try and find out more. I couldn't tell how the inside was going but much progress on the outside. Will be fun to watch the sail aways now.

We ate there last Sunday and they were working on the road in front of grills. I just can't find anything. We listen to news 13 for local and wesh, just had not heard an update. We are going on the Halloween cruise so will try and find out more. I couldn't tell how the inside was going but much progress on the outside. Will be fun to watch the sail aways now.

Why will sail away be better from Grills area? All you will see is the rear end. :confused:

Aloha,

John

Of '14 or '15? I haven't any idea when it was started or scheduled to finish?

I believe Freedom and Enchantment will move to terminal 1 once it is ready.

We shall see....my opinion is the Explorer of the Seas will dock there upon its November arrival. There will also be stops made by the Quantum and Grandeur which will dock there.

It does not make sense to move Freedom and Enchantment from their existing Royal Caribbean pier.

We shall see....my opinion is the Explorer of the Seas will dock there upon its November arrival. There will also be stops made by the Quantum and Grandeur which will dock there.

It does not make sense to move Freedom and Enchantment from their existing Royal Caribbean pier.

While it is definitely the terminal for day trippers, why would it not make sense to move other ships there as well? Take advantage of all the new features in the garage. It all depends on what days the other ships will be in port.

While it is definitely the terminal for day trippers, why would it not make sense to move other ships there as well? Take advantage of all the new features in the garage. It all depends on what days the other ships will be in port.

Because the existing pier is still under lease...they certainly are not going to abandon it. By the way, Explorer is not a day trip. She will be home ported there starting in November for the season.

It is my understanding at some point the Oasis will be homeported in Port Canaveral and will use the new pier.

Edited by rolloman

Because the existing pier is still under lease...they certainly are not going to abandon it. By the way, Explorer is not a day trip. She will be home ported there starting in November for the season.

It is my understanding at some point the Oasis will be homeported in Port Canaveral and will use the new pier.

I never implied that Explorer was a day trip. They also have a lease on new terminal I believe. Oasis won't come until summer 2016. Also Explorer has rotating departure days that could complicate day trips

I never implied that Explorer was a day trip. They also have a lease on new terminal I believe. Oasis won't come until summer 2016. Also Explorer has rotating departure days that could complicate day trips

And Norwegian will also be home porting a ship in PC starting next fall.