Live from Navigator March 17, 2017 - Ship Faced Shamrock

Thank you for all the great photos and information so far from the tours you're taking and places you're visiting. Much appreciated. It's a wealth of information to help my family consider things to do and places to visit when we go on our ABC cruise in November.

So, waiting to hear about your night at the Chef's table. We have never done a chef's table on Navigator - our last dinner was on Majesty and I really do not remember walking to elevator and getting to our room.:confused: I do remember the food was delicious and the company at our table was so much fun. Oh, and there was wine, much, much wine!

Sorry for the long intermission.

Okay, where were we? Ah yes...moving further along the coast from the Slave Houses we did a quick drive-by of the lighthouse.

655ff7012bdb5d486b019437a4c8cb61.jpg

Last stop on the tour was a 20 minute beach break at Sorobon Beach "Resort." There are a few beach dive bars that are located here and I'm sure on a sunny day it is a very nice place to hang out and grab some libations and sun. However, under a very overcast sky the place didn't really do it for me. The amount of windsurfers that were out on the water was cool to watch.

ba184f34e5b482b2050868f2bfcbb50b.jpg

70aa336c12691727d79c32faf84e4cad.jpg

Clearly didn't measure up to the cactus.

ee491248d8fc7957385a8296a43dc08a.jpg

Back to the ship for sail away.

9584cc498d33bee85c3afc41ac0ac239.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hey Rick, quick question:

We have golf carts rented for our day in Bonaire and will be venturing out on our own. We will probably only run one of the two routes. Which did you find more enjoyable, the northern or southern? As of right now, from stuff I have been reading, I am leaning more toward hitting the southern - but would be interested in input from someone who has just done both.

Thanks!

Hey Rick, quick question:

We have golf carts rented for our day in Bonaire and will be venturing out on our own. We will probably only run one of the two routes. Which did you find more enjoyable, the northern or southern? As of right now, from stuff I have been reading, I am leaning more toward hitting the southern - but would be interested in input from someone who has just done both.

Thanks!

Honestly, get an early start and do both. While the south has a lot more points of interest, the beauty of the north should not be missed. The island is very easy to make your way away around in one day.

So, waiting to hear about your night at the Chef's table. We have never done a chef's table on Navigator - our last dinner was on Majesty and I really do not remember walking to elevator and getting to our room.:confused: I do remember the food was delicious and the company at our table was so much fun. Oh, and there was wine, much, much wine!

Chef's Table was once again an amazing experience of great cuisine and company. There were 13 of us at the table and, as usually is the case, after a few wine pairings everyone became fast friends and the time began to fly as quickly as the wine bottles emptied. I didn't take any pictures of the courses as I had the same menu on my previous Navigator sailing. So if you are interested in seeing what the dishes look like, please refer to my live thread from the December sailing (see link in my signature).

I am posting the reservation invitation and menu as the wine pairings did change as well as the Chef and Table Host. This is relevant, as each Chef is only required to use certain key ingredients, but are allowed to add their own flare to the preparation.

6457cafb3e31b31afa9203734aadc318.jpg

f48c65eb4c50de47ff15629b69db4cd6.jpg

33e5a9816cceb63005bbe1067564b350.jpg

Side note, the Oberon seemed to be the crowd favorite.

After dinner, I met up with the group to head to the 70's dance party on the Promenade that included a very rare sighting of the Cruise Director, Cuddy, which maybe becomes much more appreciated after seeing the below.

f2a93a99f945de38cac0dfb3361877ae.jpg

e922d72c74829faf68e3f5444c2268a2.jpg

d4e160d98f40a99758729950336fab81.jpg

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

Once we were drenched from the raining men, or more likely Cuddy's belly sweat, we headed to the Cosmopolitan Club to hit the dance floor. Chase and I may have had a few tequila shots to erase the tragedy we witnessed on the Royal Promenade from our minds. You cannot tell right?

223ffb04ecbb485c40a9d281f18987ec.jpg

A few hours of dancing (that's what it was in our minds at least) was followed by a pizza run. Although, tonight we decided to change the script a bit and rock our CAS robes to the Cafe Promenade.

76e8ca0efcba0fc3529acb1f7e09d238.jpg

Now there is a photo for the next CAS newsletter.

You can discuss amongst yourselves whether or not I went commando.

Pizza was followed by a hot tub soak, which I am happy report, did not lead to an accidentally drowning. Heads hit pillows around 3:30 AM.

We had a big sea day ahead of us so I weeped a little as I set my alarm.

Now you are probably wondering why I would voluntarily get up early on a sea day. Well those of you smart folks that follow @OurTwoSuitCases on YouTube know that I am traveling with an extremely talented videographer that has created some amazing and highly viewed music videos from the decks of Royal Caribbean cruise ships (most recently the Harmony of the Seas).

Well this cruise would be no different, and Chase would have us all up early to begin the filming. Of course he was easily able to coax me into joining the process with the promise of lots of drinking between takes.

Let's start with popping a bottle of champagne.

5625cbef9fd0eeb0d99284c63d238aa9.jpg

The helipad was also a source of a lot of footage today (thus the Tiny Planet I posted earlier).

dfa0c7fafacc5ec8bee67992f1ad240b.jpg

As you can see, robes are getting a lot of play this trip.

Stay tuned for what is sure to be another epic video from Chase and White Shorts in a few weeks. I promise to post the link here.

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

Chef's Table was once again an amazing experience of great cuisine and company. There were 13 of us at the table and, as usually is the case, after a few wine pairings everyone became fast friends and the time began to fly as quickly as the wine bottles emptied. I didn't take any pictures of the courses as I had the same menu on my previous Navigator sailing. So if you are interested in seeing what the dishes look like, please refer to my live thread from the December sailing (see link in my signature).

I am posting the reservation invitation and menu as the wine pairings did change as well as the Chef and Table Host. This is relevant, as each Chef is only required to use certain key ingredients, but are allowed to add their own flare to the preparation.

6457cafb3e31b31afa9203734aadc318.jpg

f48c65eb4c50de47ff15629b69db4cd6.jpg

33e5a9816cceb63005bbe1067564b350.jpg

Side note, the Oberon seemed to be the crowd favorite.

Hi Rick - We've not done a Chef's Table on any of our cruises and may do so on a cruise we have from Australia next year. Do they provide the Chef's Table menu on the cruise before you book so you can see if what they are serving is something you would be interested in? (Your menu looks wonderful...)

Hi Rick - We've not done a Chef's Table on any of our cruises and may do so on a cruise we have from Australia next year. Do they provide the Chef's Table menu on the cruise before you book so you can see if what they are serving is something you would be interested in? (Your menu looks wonderful...)

I believe the courses are consistent fleet wide, but that could obviously change prior to your sailing. To my knowledge there is no way to find out the menu prior to sailing. Perhaps try emailing Royal Caribbean closer to your sailing.

I believe the courses are consistent fleet wide, but that could obviously change prior to your sailing. To my knowledge there is no way to find out the menu prior to sailing. Perhaps try emailing Royal Caribbean closer to your sailing.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

PS - I loved the "small world" pix you posted (Curacao and helipad). How did you get that great effect?