Delta Sky Club

kelkel2

Quick question about Delta, I know their sky club is a paid entrance lounge at the airports, but since we have a first class ticket for our trip, do we have access to these lounges at our layover airport? The reason I am asking is because on the page where I log into my Delta account and pull up my trip, theres a link on the side that says, "Find Sky Club Locations". Is this just there as a form of advertisement or do first class ticket holders get access to it? I kind of think I remember from a review that someone mentioned they did.

Quick question about Delta, I know their sky club is a paid entrance lounge at the airports, but since we have a first class ticket for our trip, do we have access to these lounges at our layover airport? The reason I am asking is because on the page where I log into my Delta account and pull up my trip, theres a link on the side that says, "Find Sky Club Locations". Is this just there as a form of advertisement or do first class ticket holders get access to it? I kind of think I remember from a review that someone mentioned they did.

You omitted some critical pieces of information. The itinerary matters. International? Domestic transcontinental?

In general for domestic flights, a first class ticket will not gain you entrance to the club. But there are some exceptions:

"Customers traveling on a nonstop Delta First Class, Delta One or full Y-class ticket between New York-JFK and Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle and San Francisco."

The full rules for Sky Club access are here.

If you have a long connect, you can one-day-pass.htmlpurchase a day pass.

In general for domestic flights, a first class ticket will not gain you entrance to the club. But there are some exceptions:

"Customers traveling on a nonstop Delta First Class, Delta One or full Y-class ticket between New York-JFK and Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Portland, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle and San Francisco."

The full rules for Sky Club access are here.

If you have a long connect, you can one-day-pass.htmlpurchase a day pass.

Thank you! I tried to look at booking a day pass, but it wasn't available for booking under trip extras like it said it would be. Maybe it's just too early. I'm really not convinced ongoing to book it, I really don't need to pay for it. But it would have been nice if it had been included. :)

I've been looking to purchase a one day pass too, if, that's at all possible. I see Bulk, day passes.

We have a flight from Syr to ATL, then, ATL to FLL next April, that I was hoping we could use a one day pass for in Atlanta. We are cruising from FLL to Rome, Italy.

Then, when we return from Rome back to Syracuse, we are flying from FCO to ATL, then, ATL to Syr. I was hoping we could use a one day pass in Atlanta.

Not sure if a one day pass is possible for the first leg of the flight, the return leg of the flight, or, neither. I can't seem to understand what I'm reading on the Delta website.

Must need a refresher reading course for sure.

Thanks for any help.

Dave

One does not need to book a daily Sky Club Pass online. Just walk into the Club and pay the $50 by credit card or cash. I have done this several times with no issues.

Highly recommend this if one has a lengthy layover. Comfortable seating in a quiet atmosphere with well stocked bar and plenty of snacks (enough variety that they could replace a costly airport meal), plenty of newspapers, magazines, and agents available if one has flight problems, i.e. canceled flights, etc. They will even remind one when one needs to get to the gate for boarding.

Thank-you for the information. I did not know it was that easy to do. So we just mention we would each like to pay for a guest pass?

It doesn't matter if you're flying in the US or back from Europe? We can by a guest pass on our initial flight then on our return flight?

Often delta.com will sell the Skyclub passes for less than $50. As was also mentioned, you can get them on E-Bay for less too.

Note that there is a difference between a "day pass" (unlimited visits on the same calendar day at different airports, and usually including the next morning on overnight flights) and a "single visit pass" which is just that - a single visit to a single Skyclub.

So, if we wanted to visit the Sky Club on our layover in Atlanta before leaving on our cruise, and, wanted to visit the Sky Club lounge again in Atlanta on our layover back to home, I would purchase 2, separate day passes for our 2 different dates????

Dave,

You will need a separate pass for each day.

If you have a Platinum Delta AMEX card the price is $29 at the present time. If you have a Delta AMEX Reserve card, entry is free. The fee may also be $29 for a gold card but I'm not sure about that.

If you don't have a Delta AMEX consider it as you will save checked bag fees too.

I'd also mention that not all Sky Clubs are created equal in Atlanta. Some are always more crowded than others. The two B concourse clubs are almost always full for example. The T club is normally quieter. The E club fills quickly two to three hours before international departures. (You will go through C & I in E on your return.)

Since your flight is not until next April monitor your reservation for time or equipment changes. You may not even end up with enough time for a Sky Club visit.

If you have enough time and want a very good meal for less than the price of so so Sky Club fare for two, head to One Flew South in E across from the Food Court. We ate there again last week and it remains one of the best airport restaurants in the country.

Thanks very much for the advice. Our layover in Atlanta on our way back from Rome, Italy to Syracuse, NY is 3-hours and 15 minutes. My wife said she might rather just find a great place to eat and have a drink elsewhere at the airport besides the Sky Club, so your restaurant suggestion is very helpful and I've written it down.

Thanks again.

I would have never thought about E-Bay for a Sky Club pass. I guess anything and everything is salable.

I never thought of this either. Do these passes expire and are people just trying to dump them before that? I am going to look and see what I can find!

I hit up ATL a couple of times this summer. I have a straight-up AMEX Platinum card, so I get complimentary access. I tried the 2 clubs in the B terminal (where my flights departed from ) - loud, not a single seat available, and people acting like pigs. It was quieter out in the terminal! I did hear that the club over in Terminal F may be good - it has an outside area called the Sky Box. But, I doubt that club could compete with the one in Terminal 4 at JFK - I can always find a place to hide and even take a nap in that one and it also has the Sky Box - spent some lovely time out there.

I would suggest you head over to the flyer talk website and the Delta Airlines forum - search there for comments to help you find which Sky Club would be best - those road warriors on that site are the true experts on the Sky Club!

My capsule reviews of the ATL SkyClubs (starting at the terminal and working outward):

T6: Nice upstairs location. Can get busy at the afternoon "push", but decent space.

A17: Zoo. Since it is close to the train, it gets almost all the A concourse traffic. Better alternative nearby at -

A Centerpoint: The ignored club. Head for the second floor via escalator or elevator, then one more level up once inside the club. Usually a better deal than A17, but closed on weekends.

B10: The closet. Always crowded, always hot (from too many bodies). Lines for washrooms. Avoid if you can. Did I mention avoid if you can? Last tip: avoid if you can. (In other words, they should pay you a fee for putting up with it)

B25: Better of a bad lot in "B". Usually crowded and they have the coffee machine in a poor location (you'll agree if you see it). Use only if you have both origin and departing flights in B, otherwise try a club on the other concourse.

C37: Nice club with stone accents and some private cubbyholes. Not brightly lit overall. I like it.

D12: Surprisingly, I have never been in this club. I wonder if it's the former CO President's Club?

D27: Decent club that is downstairs from the entrance. Usually has a medium sized demand. Probably the brightest lit club if you want to read your book.

E15: Huge club, combining two former club rooms into one. Showers available. Can get crowded during the afternoon international push. Has several side rooms for quieter lounging with ottoman chairs.

F Mezzanine: Another huge club. Has the outdoor deck and is also subject to the international push. Showers and listening room. Probably my favorite at ATL, with C and E being my next favs.

Edited by FlyerTalker

Just to summarize...

A domestic first class ticket will NOT get you into the Sky Club for free, with the exception of a few specific transcontinental routes.

An international business class (Delta One) ticket WILL give you free access to the Sky Club, but for Sky Club purposes note that a flight to/from the Caribbean is not considered international, i.e. no free access.

An international coach ticket will give you access IF you are a gold, platinum or diamond medallion member.

If you have a platinum Amex card (note: NOT the Delta branded platinum Amex, just the unbranded platinum Amex) you get free access any time you are flying Delta, regardless of class of service.

If you have a Delta-branded Amex card, you can pay a reduced price ($29) for a day pass. Normally a day pass is $50/person and each person needs their own pass.

A day pass is only good for one day. If you want to use the club on both ends of your trip you need to buy 2 separate passes.

There is (or was, maybe no longer based on what someone said?) a link to buy a pass in advance for domestic travel when you log on and view your reservation. For international travel, you can buy in advance but not until time of check-in. Not necessary to purchase in advance though, you can purchase at the front desk of any club.

As mentioned by a couple of posters, not all clubs are created equal. Size varies, and location also affects crowds. Those attempting to purchase a day pass CAN be turned away if the club is full.

My capsule reviews of the ATL SkyClubs (starting at the terminal and working outward):

T6: Nice upstairs location. Can get busy at the afternoon "push", but decent space.

A17: Zoo. Since it is close to the train, it gets almost all the A concourse traffic. Better alternative nearby at -

A Centerpoint: The ignored club. Head for the second floor via escalator or elevator, then one more level up once inside the club. Usually a better deal than A17, but closed on weekends.

B10: The closet. Always crowded, always hot (from too many bodies). Lines for washrooms. Avoid if you can. Did I mention avoid if you can? Last tip: avoid if you can. (In other words, they should pay you a fee for putting up with it)

B25: Better of a bad lot in "B". Usually crowded and they have the coffee machine in a poor location (you'll agree if you see it). Use only if you have both origin and departing flights in B, otherwise try a club on the other concourse.

C37: Nice club with stone accents and some private cubbyholes. Not brightly lit overall. I like it.

D12: Surprisingly, I have never been in this club. I wonder if it's the former CO President's Club?

D27: Decent club that is downstairs from the entrance. Usually has a medium sized demand. Probably the brightest lit club if you want to read your book.

E15: Huge club, combining two former club rooms into one. Showers available. Can get crowded during the afternoon international push. Has several side rooms for quieter lounging with ottoman chairs.

F Mezzanine: Another huge club. Has the outdoor deck and is also subject to the international push. Showers and listening room. Probably my favorite at ATL, with C and E being my next favs.

Do you know the quality of the clubs as Minneapolis? We have about a 3 hour layover at that airport. This is the airport where I would be using it, if I were to get a pass.

IMHO, the two clubs at MSP are worlds apart. Much much much prefer the one on the "C" concourse, near the tram stop. It's one of the NW Worldclubs that were done with stone and fireplaces, along with multiple smaller spaces. The club at F/G was never redone by NW and is now in the new DL "white formica" look.

Just my two kopeks.

Flying from DTW to AMS in Delta Comfort. Would we be eligible for free or reduced admittance to the Sky Club? I also have a Delta AMEX a Gold card if that's worth anything. Also which Sky Club in Detroit is the best?
Only international business between DTW and AMS for free access, not Comfort. The Amex may give a bit of discount - check the specific benefits for your card.

The club at the center of the A concourse is the largest. The ones at the two ends are much smaller, with either a "cozy" or "crowded" feel, depending on the number in the lounge. There is a club in the B/C concourse as well that's somewhere between the two extremes in size, but it's only convenient if you are arriving into DTW on that concourse - the international flights all leave from "A".

Edited by FlyerTalker

Only international business between DTW and AMS for free access, not Comfort. The Amex may give a bit of discount - check the specific benefits for your card.

The club at the center of the A concourse is the largest. The ones at the two ends are much smaller, with either a "cozy" or "crowded" feel, depending on the number in the lounge. There is a club in the B/C concourse as well that's somewhere between the two extremes in size, but it's only convenient if you are arriving into DTW on that concourse - the international flights all leave from "A".

Thanks for your quick response and spot-on advice. Looks like the current rate for Gold cardholders is $29 in case anyone else had the same question I did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk