Is there Lobster on Formal Night on Allure anymore?

I am curious. Why would you think that there wouldn't be lobster? :confused:

Because some lines haves discontinued lobster. We have not sailed on this line in quite some time. I saw some photos today of Host Faith's cruise a couple of years ago and thought, wow!

Alot of things change over time for various reasons. This is very nice news.

Because some lines haves discontinued lobster. We have not sailed on this line in quite some time. I saw some photos today of Host Faith's cruise a couple of years ago and thought, wow!

Alot of things change over time for various reasons. This is very nice news.

Thank you for satisfying this cat's curiosity. :)

Second formal night, if it's still the old menu when you cruise its as mentioned on the fisherman's platter. If they've changed to the new one that Oasis switched to a few months ago it's now just listed as broiled lobster tail, towards the bottom of the menu (like second to last item) people were missing it the first few sailing Oasis changed the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi,

I was on Allure's September 25th sailing (staying ahead of Hurricane Matthew!).

As mentioned earlier, lobster is available as part of the Fisherman's Plate, along with garlic shrimp and seasonal vegetables. This was on the second formal night (Day 6 for us) and from the "Jasmine" menu.

Lobster is also available broiled, grilled or steamed every night under "Celebrate Cravings" but for an additional charge of $29.95. So wait for the second formal night! :)

Shari

Hi,

As mentioned earlier, lobster is available as part of the Fisherman's Plate, along with garlic shrimp and seasonal vegetables. This was on the second formal night (Day 6 for us) and from the "Jasmine" menu.

Lobster is also available broiled, grilled or steamed every night under "Celebrate Cravings" but for an additional charge of $29.95. So wait for the second formal night! :)

Shari

The lobster tails are part of the fishermans platter but the $30 lobster is a full lobster. When we ordered it the waiter gave us each three tails. Which was nice

Hi,

Shari

We were on the Allure Oct. 2nd, and the shrimp were no longer part of the fisherman's platter, just the lobster. I asked because I don't eat lobster and just order double shrimp. I was told that shrimp are no longer included. I even asked them to double check. Same answer after checking.

We were on the Allure Oct. 2nd, and the shrimp were no longer part of the fisherman's platter, just the lobster. I asked because I don't eat lobster and just order double shrimp. I was told that shrimp are no longer included. I even asked them to double check. Same answer after checking.

They may be changing the menu to match the one the started on Oasis in July, it changed a few items and changed to just a lobster tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It seems to vary by ship and possibly sailing (different hotel directors?) as I recall reading posts within the past year that shrimp have no longer been included yet there have also been posts that have reported there were still shrimp with the lobster.

On our last 2 Oasis sailings Lobster was available in the Windjammer on the 1st formal night.

Has anyone that has sailed on the Allure recently experienced this? We sure hope so!!!!!!

Nope, didn't see lobster in the Windjammer on the 1st formal night on our Sept. 25 cruise. I would have snatched it up if it was.

As stated above there was lobster on the fisherman's platter, but no shrimp on the 2nd formal night in the MDR. Prior to coming to dinner, we looked at the Jasmine menu on the cabin TV and it stated shrimp included, but the paper menu in the restaurant excluded it.

Nope, didn't see lobster in the Windjammer on the 1st formal night on our Sept. 25 cruise. I would have snatched it up if it was.

As stated above there was lobster on the fisherman's platter, but no shrimp on the 2nd formal night in the MDR. Prior to coming to dinner, we looked at the Jasmine menu on the cabin TV and it stated shrimp included, but the paper menu in the restaurant excluded it.

Thanks for the response...the first formal night menu doesn't really look like it has anything that special on it? Or am I missing something?

Wondering if that would be a good night to book somewhere else.

Thanks for the response...the first formal night menu doesn't really look like it has anything that special on it? Or am I missing something?

Wondering if that would be a good night to book somewhere else.

This is purely subjective, mind you. But from our perspective, you are correct and that is why we did the Windjammer that night. It wasn't worthwhile to do formal dress up that night for us (lobster night is another story).

I think the MDR menu was Shiitake the first formal night.

If they've changed to the new one that Oasis switched to a few months ago it's now just listed as broiled lobster tail, towards the bottom of the menu (like second to last item) people were missing it the first few sailing Oasis changed the menu.

That's how it was listed on Serenade two weeks ago.