Will not stray from NCL again

jdvmd

My first cruise was last December on the Carnival Pride in a Vista Suite. All I can say, is that I loved it.

However, this January DW and I will be on the POA cruising around the Hawaiian Islands. Opted for this instead of Carnival's 14 day from the US so that we could spend more time on the islands (4 days pre-cruise on Ohua).

It also doesn't hurt that we will be in a Penthouse Suite.

Anyway, really curious about your issues with Carnival, and particuarly the Liberty.

Not a huge Carnival fan either but living so near to the ports in Fl, although I did say never again when I got off the Ecstasy last year, I may still consider Carnival again if the parameters are right but definatily not the Ecstasy.

The problem I now have is having just done our first DCL this weekend, my dh doesn't want to go on the "cr*ppy Carnival ship" again. The difference was night and day.

Horses for courses.

In San Juan right now on the Carnival Liberty. Let me just say I cannot wait to get back on NCL. More later when we get home this weekend.

HAHAHA ( Im laughing out loud ) I said the very same thing ( TWICE ) :p

We welcome you back with open arms .... Now go sit in the corner for being naughty ...

Back again while I have free wi fi.

Guys burgers is good but I do not want that everyday for seven days. I will give that a thumbs up but everything else about the food is dreadful. Lunch not so bad but dinner - yuck.

Time when food is available in the buffet is virtually non existent in the evening. I am sick of 24-hour pizza, of which you now have to order abd wait 10 minutes for. No calzones or salad as advertised. No smiles from the crew, no small talk no washy, washy. The crew talks .....to one another. Hand sanitizers empty or not working or empty.

Getting back on ship yesterday in st. Thomas was a joke. No cold towels, ice water or lemonade, no place for anyone to sit. Took us 40 minutes to get back on ship.

Missed Half Moon Cay due to swells.

Muster has to have been the worst I have experienced in 49 cruises.

Btw, this is our 7th Carnival cruise. Always thought they did a decent Job especially for newbies. I will never recommend them to anyone again.

Finally, I am all these little changes to become more like NCL - cheap copycats.

Sorry that the liberty has not met your expectations. I have sailed both lines and find them to be very much alike as to service, food quality, entertainment, the las Vegas visual effect, and guest demographics.

Keep a open mind and the rest of the week will hopefully improve.

I really don't understand having a strong preference for a cruise line amongst the "normals." By that I mean Princess, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, NCL. Each has something going for it. NCL is better at anytime dining. Princess-- I just like Princess. I really don't see huge differences in the products. I select cruises by port. Even on our second cruise on the Galaxy when the chairs were literally falling apart in the theater and the ship was shimmying so bad you were afraid the ship was coming apart, it was a great cruise because we were in the Mediterranean and Istanbul and Rhodes-- We didn't care about the ship. I would pick Disney hands down when we travel with the grandkids. Carnival-- We've only been on the one four dayer. There was much to like but overall, I wasn't crazy about the line. Still, if you are travelling in the Caribbean in the summer, you're going Carnival or Disney. Not a lot of choice. Overall, I just don't get the brand loyalty thing.

I have a very open mind regarding cruising and have never been loyal to one brand. I always look for the positive in everything. I am looking at the food thing as a sign that God wants me to diet.

Our group is having a great time with one another; become best friends with the lovely couple from Toronto; teens are all happy and we have won trivia three times. Staying optimistic but we now have a standing reservation in the steakhouse for every night remaining on the cruise at $35 a person.

My first cruise was NCL the Norway, 1999 (this very week October) I loved it, and it got me hooked on cruising.

Next was Celebrity, loved it!

Then five cruises on Carnival, loved them all! (Liberty cruise 2009) was spectacular!

Now, Im back to NCL, next cruise booked for Epic 2013!

I have loved all my cruises. Some were better than others for various reasons, but they were all great! I do admit however that I am looking for a bit of a change from Carnival. And Im sure that I will cruise on Carnival again, but for now, I need something different. Im liking what Im hearing about NCL. Looking forward to my cruise next year.:)

I have a friend on that cruise right now. She use to sail Carnival all the time and then went on the Epic with me in 2010. Since then, she's done nothing but NCL. However, they could not find a NCL cruise for this time around and are back on Carnival. I can't wait to hear her experiences as well. :)

Hopefully everything else will go good for you. Enjoy your cruise. At least it's not a work day. :D

I didnt say anything about the passengers. This has probably been the most civilized carnival cruise I have been.

Wouldn't have considered even getting off the ship flying home. Nine option is I stayed at with our friends and we have fun. Plus we missed the first port so that would've been yesterday.

I do know of a couple of people who did go to guest services inquiring about leaving the ship if different accommodations weren't offered, ie room too hot.

I didnt say anything about the passengers. This has probably been the most civilized carnival cruise I have been.

Wouldn't have considered even getting off the ship flying home. Nine option is I stayed at with our friends and we have fun. Plus we missed the first port so that would've been yesterday.

I do know of a couple of people who did go to guest services inquiring about leaving the ship if different accommodations weren't offered, ie room too hot.

I see another CCL cutback has struck again. For some reason they think having a hot room is suitable.

Our room was extremely hot and they kept send someone down to our room and sticking something in the vent that told the temp.

They said it is within Carnival requirements and there was nothing we could do.

After the 3rd time they finally got us a fan as without it we would wake up in the middle of the night covered in sweat.

No offense to any accountants out there but having one for a CEO is a recipe for disaster.

Bill

I don't know what is going on with Carnival but in our experience on the last 2 carnival cruises we experienced a plummet in satisfaction. My DH has also given the "Carnival never again" statement and we have over 20 cruises with Carnival. The whole experience on our last cruise was below underwhelming. They seem to be in the process of reinventing themselves and we realized we are just not the cruisers they are going after which is fine. We have plenty of other lines to sail with Norwegian being one of our favorites.

I have cruised Carnival twice and NCL twice. While our last Carnival cruise on the Ecstasy in June was fine and without any complaints. I still prefer NCL. I just wish their summer cruises weren't so expensive. That is why I chose Carnival for my June cruise. I know the time of year has a lot to do with it but jezz! My next cruise will be on the Epic in our very first Haven suite. YIPPEE!

You are scaring me! Haha, just kidding. Are you doing YTD or do you have a set time?

I have a friend on that cruise right now. She use to sail Carnival all the time and then went on the Epic with me in 2010. Since then, she's done nothing but NCL. However, they could not find a NCL cruise for this time around and are back on Carnival. I can't wait to hear her experiences as well. :)

Hopefully everything else will go good for you. Enjoy your cruise. At least it's not a work day. :D

Hope she writes a comparison review!

I don't know what is going on with Carnival but in our experience on the last 2 carnival cruises we experienced a plummet in satisfaction. My DH has also given the "Carnival never again" statement and we have over 20 cruises with Carnival. The whole experience on our last cruise was below underwhelming. They seem to be in the process of reinventing themselves and we realized we are just not the cruisers they are going after which is fine. We have plenty of other lines to sail with Norwegian being one of our favorites.

I am with you. I have 12 with CCL and we are platinum but you used to get bang for your buck but now it's get what you pay for.

While i never say never CCL isn't anywhere near my first choice anymore.

Last 2 and the next 2 booked are not with CCL but they seem to be filling the ship.

Just keep cutting things and keep the prices low. Soon they will be like easy cruise where everything is ala carte.

Bill

Archived