Hotels in Singapore

dalliowner

Apart from the famous , has anybody any recommendations for our 1 night stay before joining the Sojourn .

Many thanks:)

3 words......

Shangri-La Valley Wing

To us it is like having a taste of Seabourn on land which is just perfect before a cruise.......but their free pour champagne is much nicer.....Perrier Jouet.

Might be my choice too if that VW had balconies. So I would go with the Garden Wing and pay for champagne. And drink it on my balcony.

And if jimmyw9 is elsewhere, that's ok.

Happy sailing!

Oh yes probably safer all round if you are restricted to your balcony.

Anyway, not sure they would let you in......to quote the sign that appears as you enter the VW.

"The Valley Wing, dedicated to the discerning travellers of the world"

Anyway dalliowner, putting mine and Markhams banter aside. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, an oasis in the middle of Singapore. But I am sure everyone here has their favourite, so the recommedations will flow.

Edited by jimmyw9

We stayed at the airport Crown Plaza in a day room after disembarking and waiting for our evening flight. Very comfortable room. Easy taxi ride from port - 18 Singapore Dollars. Sounds like you are looking for a place to relax before the cruise.

Cliff

We liked the Shangri La very much, too. We had a delicious (and seemingly authentic tasting) dinner in the Chinese restaurant on the ground floor. Many locals were eating there, and it was not overly expensive.

I know everyone says go out to the hawker stalls to eat, but if you are tired and do not feel like going out I would recommend it.

We just spent three days at Raffles after our Sojourn Philippines cruise. Raffles was pure bliss! We enjoyed every minute while there. Be sure to take the history tour of Raffles while there. Oh, the stories this historic property has.

4 Seasons is wonderful; great location by shopping and can walk almost anywhere, nice, comfy large room, personalized check-in in your room. Shangri-La good location, too, nice spacious room, but too big a hotel for our taste. Probably can't go wrong with any suggestions others have given you. Everything walking distance or easy cab ride.

• 2 weeks later...

After confusing myself looking at so many Hotels , we have decided to go for a garden room at the Shangri-La.

Quick question,are there separate check in desks for the different wings so that you have to tell the taxi driver which one.:)

Many thanks

John

I know you have already chosen your hotel Dalliowner, but for anyone else considering hotels in Singapore, we recently stayed in the Club rooms at the Ritz Carlton. Stunning property, and outstanding service! Definitely worth paying for the Club rooms, high quality French champagne available all day as well as spirits, wine, beers etc) and 5 different food offerings daily (breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, evening canapés and late evening snacks). We have stayed in many beautiful properties around the world, the service at this one made it one of our top experiences.

• 8 months later...
Many thanks to those who recommended the Shangri La , We stayed there and not only had a fabulous time the hotel upgraded us from Garden room to Valley room.

Thanks again:D

Having experienced the Valley room would you book that directly in the future or stay with the Garden room?

Having only stayed once and therefore not stayed in the garden room it is hard to say. The view from the garden rooms looked great and the free bar and snacks in the valley wing was really nice . would I pay the extra for that I am not certain but as we were up graded it was certainly very pleasant.:)

To anyone else contemplating a hotel in Singapore can I throw Parkroyal on Pickering into the mix.

Our room wasn't overly expensive, they were happy to allow us a late check out free of charge and it is an easy stroll into China Town. Prefect to spend a few hours before embarkation. It is also close to the Cruise terminal.

Henry :)