Laundry question.

Dolebludger

We recently cruised on the Paul Gauguin and on the MSC Divenia (for a music cruise) On MSC, we were in their "yacht club" which is very, very close to a lux cruise experience. On both of those cruises, a flat rate laundry package was offered. We took it and enjoyed having everything washed. We feel that the package rate was better than the "per piece" rate, and much better than going to a laundry room (which I believe neither of these ships had).

With that, my question is, does Seabourn offer a flat rate laundry package?

Edited by Dolebludger

I think my record is 57 items…. you need to look at past posts It does include a lot of long pants, shirts and dresses… the knickers go in the cracks ;)

>>My record in the bag is 57 items . That included 6 pairs of pants/jeans, 6 polo shirts and 5 dresses, plus a multitude of t shirts and several pairs of shorts etc

Roll pants and jeans etc, place everything in layers them stuff the smalls in the spaces......bras lay on the top nested into one another

( we have 3 of us for the laundry bag)

It's way better than experiencing laundry wars!!!!

Jumping up and down because now we are silver <<<

Edited by MrsWaldo

LOL

Miss W had a shirt which had some stitching that was faulty…and had come loose

she didn't realise it until she wore it on board… (team shirt from a national sport event)

it came back repaired!

The self service isnt that bad at all, yes you might have to wait, but it is free.

In my opinion it is Much more fun using the laundry bag though, and boy can you fit some stuff in it. Why waste your precious holiday time in the laundry room.

What I don't understand is ....... Seabourn cruisers drop $20k on a cruise plus, say, another $15k or so on flights and pre/post cruise hotels and then look to save $50 by going down to the self-serve.

What I don't understand is ....... Seabourn cruisers drop $20k on a cruise plus, say, another $15k or so on flights and pre/post cruise hotels and then look to save $50 by going down to the self-serve.

I'm not a luxury/premium cruiser but I just read a thread for another high end line that was all about clothing being destroyed by shipboard laundry services. I think it was Cunard or Oceania. So maybe people are worried about their stuff going through the industrial machines.

I'm not a luxury/premium cruiser but I just read a thread for another high end line that was all about clothing being destroyed by shipboard laundry services. I think it was Cunard or Oceania. So maybe people are worried about their stuff going through the industrial machines.

On Seabourn your stuff comes back immaculate!

The standard of the dry cleaning and laundry on Seabourn is very good.rarely have I had to send anything back to be re ironed.

The problem with using a self serve laundry on any ship is that other guests will take your laundry out of the machine when it is finished and dump it anywhere.so you have to stick around the laundry room to oversee it.

This is a complete waste of your vacation time and as Roxburgh says is just does not make sense when you are spending big bucks on a luxury cruise.

I could understand it if you were on a budget cruise line and did not have surplus funds to spend on a laundry service.

Precisely, as I say, why would you want to waste precious holiday time!

Exactly. Some old habits die hard. When we first started luxury cruising in 2011 (on SS, where there was/is no $50 bulk bag) we thought the individual laundry prices were outrageous. As we were both raised to value hard-earned money, out of principle we refused to give all except one or two items or dryclean only things to the laundry. We (I) did our own laundry, as we were mostly loaded up with either drip-dry stuff or easycare pieces from travel clothing catalogues. We even reserved suites deliberately near the launderettes for easy access! This got old very quickly, so our last couple cruises we "splurged" and gave everything to the laundry when needed, other than underwear or fine items that should be air-dried. We had a $250 laundry bill after an 11- day cruise with individual billing on SS and it was worth every penny not to be fussing. SB's $50 per bag deal sounds awesome, and we selected our suite on our upcoming SB cruises based on location independent of the launderette! Luxury cruising means not doing laundry, as long as the laundry does a decent job.

The laundry does a fantastic job. I have sent lots of high end ladies clothing items, some dry clean, some hand wash in the laundry bag and they have all come back pristine, and mens shirts and polos perfectly folded for packing to go home, if you time it right!

Edited by Tillylovesseabourn

Thanks for all the information. As the original poster on this thread, it was my intent only to ask a question, not to lay groundwork for criticizing Seabourn. As was said above, when one is paying $20,000 for a cruise + air and hotel, the cost of laundry (whatever it is) gets lost in the rounding, and some may view it as insignificant. But also, when one is paying that much, he certainly should want to investigate what he is getting for his money! That was my purpose in starting this thread, and I thank all again for the information.