RCCL won't honor onboard promotion

While onboard a cruise last week we booked a cruise for Oasis in May 2017. Perks were the usual, BOGOHO, reduced deposit and OBC. But they had a bonus on the promotional sheet of free VOOM for that cruise. It didn't show on the reservation so I asked the agent and she assured me that it was "in the reservation". I went back and asked again the next day, she again said its there.

I called when we got home and was told, that promotion of free VOOM ends months before our cruise. They say too bad...... Error on agent even though I brought the paper home showing it is included in our date. So I asked for a bit more OBC and we will just purchase on the cruise. Their response was.. Nope...

I called C&A to see if they could help, and she said no. It was the agent error and they will contact them to stop offering that promotion. I said to the C&A rep that this is bad business and she just said and I quote "YUP"

Does anyone have any advice on who I can call or email to see if they will honor what we booked while on the cruise?

While onboard a cruise last week we booked a cruise for Oasis in May 2017. Perks were the usual, BOGOHO, reduced deposit and OBC. But they had a bonus on the promotional sheet of free VOOM for that cruise. It didn't show on the reservation so I asked the agent and she assured me that it was "in the reservation". I went back and asked again the next day, she again said its there.

I called when we got home and was told, that promotion of free VOOM ends months before our cruise. They say too bad...... Error on agent even though I brought the paper home showing it is included in our date. So I asked for a bit more OBC and we will just purchase on the cruise. Their response was.. Nope...

I called C&A to see if they could help, and she said no. It was the agent error and they will contact them to stop offering that promotion. I said to the C&A rep that this is bad business and she just said and I quote "YUP"

Does anyone have any advice on who I can call or email to see if they will honor what we booked while on the cruise?

I thought that bookings were only open thru April 2017, not May 2017. Did you mean 2016??

Edited by molly361

Seems to be Royals new business model lately. IMO it won't matter who you write to or call you won't get anything.

It does state in the fine print it was for May to Sept, 2016 sailings.

The promotional flyer that I have with all the incentives was for the "Goodbye Freedom last year sailing out of Port Canaveral" and "Welcome Oasis sailing from Port Canaveral" for the first time.

The flyer was for these two ships only. The April 30,2017 date that we booked was included in the flyer. There was no Terms and conditions listed at all.

Therefore we thought this promotion was only for these two ships.

I am very disappointed that we were duped by the Future Cruises staff.

Seems that many of the onboard agents are nothing more than order takers. We came back from a cruise last year (one of 5 we took on Royal) and I happened to be talking to our TA about the booking since we were transferring it to him. Found out that much of the information on our reservation was transposed or incorrect - all to the incompetency of the onboard idiot/agent. Never trust ANY reservation without getting all paperwork in writing, including onboard credits and any amenities promised.

Thanks for the email address. I will wait 1 more day since they did tell me yesterday that my issue was sent to the Resolutions Dept, and even though I know what they will say, I want to wait for their response....if any.

As I said, I'm very disappointed in RCCL. It wouldn't cost them much to honor what was sold to us by one of their employees. I have two cruises booked for next year as well as the Oasis in 2017 that I will probably cancel, and then I may look beyond to another cruise line.

RCI's employee made the mistake. RCI should honor it. It certainly isn't like it is going to be a big hit to their bank account. RCI seems to put little effort into training certain employees properly and then it doesn't honor their mistakes either. It is the best of both worlds.... for RCI.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Seems that many of the onboard agents are nothing more than order takers. We came back from a cruise last year (one of 5 we took on Royal) and I happened to be talking to our TA about the booking since we were transferring it to him. Found out that much of the information on our reservation was transposed or incorrect - all to the incompetency of the onboard idiot/agent. Never trust ANY reservation without getting all paperwork in writing, including onboard credits and any amenities promised.

We went a couple of rounds with two different agents on Oasis back in October. I almost walked away without booking. One told us that we were Gold with C&A and I would have to straighten it out with C&A to get the D+ discount. All the while I'm sitting there with my D+ seapass. So he agrees to look into it further and we should come back later. What??? So the gluttons for punishment we are, we go back. Different guy who said first guy is new and made a mistake. Well the not new guy wasn't much better. His price was $250 higher than the website price which I was showing him on my phone. We never figured out where his math error was but it wasn't until I stood up to leave that he finally came down. Checked the emailed invoice right away and he added gratuities without asking or telling us. Thankfully their product is much better than their sales team.

We went a couple of rounds with two different agents on Oasis back in October. I almost walked away without booking. One told us that we were Gold with C&A and I would have to straighten it out with C&A to get the D+ discount. All the while I'm sitting there with my D+ seapass. So he agrees to look into it further and we should come back later. What??? So the gluttons for punishment we are, we go back. Different guy who said first guy is new and made a mistake. Well the not new guy wasn't much better. His price was $250 higher than the website price which I was showing him on my phone. We never figured out where his math error was but it wasn't until I stood up to leave that he finally came down. Checked the emailed invoice right away and he added gratuities without asking or telling us. Thankfully their product is much better than their sales team.

Happened to us once when we booked onboard, after which we check thoroughly. It seems that they do that all the time....add prepaid gratuities and even the trip insurance. So if their price is higher, always check for the 2 things that they "squeeze" in. A lot of cruisers, especially the newer ones, do not notice that.

I always walk away from the future cruise agent with a chuckle. I know that cruising is my hobby and I frequently read Cruise Critic and price various cruises. I am very versed in all the ships and their itineraries and amenities. But these people know about 10% of what I know (which really isn't all that much). I do not know if they receive much training, but I would think that after a few weeks on the job, they would be very knowledgeable regarding their product..........but they never seem to be. :)

The promotional flyer that I have with all the incentives was for the "Goodbye Freedom last year sailing out of Port Canaveral" and "Welcome Oasis sailing from Port Canaveral" for the first time.

The flyer was for these two ships only. The April 30,2017 date that we booked was included in the flyer. There was no Terms and conditions listed at all.

what is the offer for the oasis from p.c.? where can I get a copy of this flyer? we are on that sailing and I haven't seen any offers so it would be good to know. tia.

what is the offer for the oasis from p.c.? where can I get a copy of this flyer? we are on that sailing and I haven't seen any offers so it would be good to know. tia.

The flyer was outside the next cruise office along with their other offers. When I called reservations on Monday to question our reservation and was told the offer was incorrect, he said they planned to call the ship to confirm it. I brought the flyer with the offers home and sent a copy to RCCL customer service. But as I predicted, I haven't heard back from them.

We saw a similar flyer about the switch on our enchantment cruise last weekend. I don't recall the details.

The flyer was outside the next cruise office along with their other offers. When I called reservations on Monday to question our reservation and was told the offer was incorrect, he said they planned to call the ship to confirm it. I brought the flyer with the offers home and sent a copy to RCCL customer service. But as I predicted, I haven't heard back from them.

Hold on to it until your cruise. Once on board bring it to the Voom folks and politely tell them they forgot to activate your account and show them the flyer your booking agent gave you, odds are they will turn it on.

sounds a lot like their 'free drink package' fiasco. their advertising really is bad1

Can you post a copy of the flyer here?