Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

cruisinryan

Hi everyone

Quick heads up that NCL currently have NO single supplement on early November sailings on NCL Getaway.

You can have an Oceanview for TOTAL 1 GUESTS $549.00 plus taxes on the 1st November sailing.

I just booked a mini suite guarantee for $1,094.94 USD inc taxes and got $200 OBC from airline TA.

I think this is a great deal and this ship will be perfect for solo travel as they have the studio lounge and singles host who organises dinners etc as well as loads of different entertainment options.:)

I can confirm this to be the case as I just got off the phone with my TA and the price of an inside guarantee is about 20% LESS than a studio cabin albeit both are priced very favorably for the solo traveler.

I'm very strongly considering booking the Halloween trip on the GETAWAY.

I've sailed EPIC and BREAKAWAY (2) and think these ships are wonderful for the solo traveler.

My only small concern is having access to the studio lounge as I've heard conflicting stories if NCL will give you keycard access to the lounge as long as you are a solo traveler no matter what type of cabin you book.

Worst case scenario I'll learn the secret knock to the lounge so they let me in for the happy hour :)

My understanding is that ALL solo cruisers are welcome and the Lounge is open during Happy Hour (no secret knock required) but it's just for Studio guests all other times. Just make friends with someone in a studio and you can arrange to meet there whenever you both wish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy

Sorry, carnival is having a 30 bucks for 30 hours sale, ends today.

30 dollars a day for many oct thru dec sailings, so the 5day cruises are 150, 7 day cruises are 210

One of the best sales I've seen in awhile. $180/pp for interiors on my 12/7 cruise. Only slightly higher than when I booked with no solo supplement.

My understanding is that ALL solo cruisers are welcome and the Lounge is open during Happy Hour (no secret knock required) but it's just for Studio guests all other times. Just make friends with someone in a studio and you can arrange to meet there whenever you both wish.

I already have a few friends booked on this cruise so they'll let me in (I think) but it would make my life easier if I had my own keycard access which I understand they might give me if I ask.

We'll see :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Princess has some great prices on some of their 4 & 5night cruises out of Ft Lauderdale for Sept - Dec. Yes you pay double, but I just booked a 5 night on the Ruby Princess Nov 3 - inside $494 total price with a $400 OBC. There are several different trips with this type of price and OBC.

Never sailed princess before but couldn't pass this up.

The Ruby is a beautiful ship. You'll have a wonderful time.

Hendrika

I just booked a B1 balcony on the 11/15 Oasis of the Seas solo for under $1100 including taxes and tips at the travel agency with the 90 day ticker. I had to call and speak to a human though. he got me the friends and family rate that is available for anyone.

Just got 10 day Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore. $1080 for a "large" inside -- this is 145 square feet! But enough room for me.:). November 29,2014.

Plenty of room for a single, congrats

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by snowbird1

Just got 10 day Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore. $1080 for a "large" inside -- this is 145 square feet! But enough room for me.:). November 29,2014.

If that really is the "large" inside cabin what size is the small??? The NCL studios are 100 - 120 in size and they are for one person. Your cabin size is great for a solo and IMHO a studio by yourself is roomier than a suite that you are sharing.

If that really is the "large" inside cabin what size is the small??? The NCL studios are 100 - 120 in size and they are for one person. Your cabin size is great for a solo and IMHO a studio by yourself is roomier than a suite that you are sharing.

The "small" interior is 136 square feet -- not a noticeable difference. I have been in both previously -- sometimes solo and sometimes with DH. Just happy to be sailing for what feels like no solo supplement.:)

Conquest, 10/19 sailing, 7 nights, pack & go rate is $50. Taxes & port charges are about $127. Total for one person is under $180. No single supplement, get on board!

There are a whole bunch of cruises that are offering the low rate but unfortunately none leaving from Galveston. By the time I pay for airfare and hotel in Florida the price is not as cheap as I would hope.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

$930.00 inside cabin (total cost) Solo. Onboard credit $98.00

(In order to see this price you must do a psuedo booking)

I Love this itinerary:

San Juan, PR ( Docked for 2 nights) they've never done that before!

St. Thomas

St. Martin

St. Kitts

Tortola

I'm so sad. If I were not already booked on Carnival I would jump on this in a heart beat. I'm a bit disappointed that I can't cancel. Oh well. Next year I'm waiting till the last minute.:(

Edited by Starrgazer50

$930.00 inside cabin (total cost) Solo. Onboard credit $98.00

(In order to see this price you must do a psuedo booking)

I Love this itinerary:

San Juan, PR ( Docked for 2 nights) they've never done that before!

St. Thomas

St. Martin

St. Kitts

Tortola

I'm so sad. If I were not already booked on Carnival I would jump on this in a heart beat. I'm a bit disappointed that I can't cancel. Oh well. Next year I'm waiting till the last minute.:(

What ship?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

You guys gotta stop posting these incredible offers. I've taken 4 cruises since Sept. 1 and will be taking another 2 in a few weeks. End the madness, please! It's gonna be hell when the cruises stop next month. Actually, it's great that us solos have each other's back and share this information. A lot people are surprised when they hear about the deals I'm getting (and they're usually just as good for the double occupancies).

We don't get the bargains since some of the cruise lines left the West Coast.

Thanks[/quote

Since mobile app users cannot see the subject line you might want to put your question into the body of the message for a wider audience. Gail

My 10/19 Breakaway has some nice reductions - they seem to be a 25% supplement. I upgraded tonight from a Studio (which I originally paid $545 for which was a steal) to a 11th floor middle balcony for $786.

Ironically, studios are now $929!

Anyway, if anyone is interested in 10/19- inside (GTY) start at $561

Oceanview $624.

Balconies $749 (GTY, BB's are $774 and you can pick from 4) BA's are $786- same as BC GTY.

Minisuites start at $936 but I think the room sizes themselves are similar.

Fees are around $134, platinum insurance $139

Originally last year I had a studio for $999 and upgraded to a balcony for $1099 total, so for me its around $314 less than last year (excluding port fees) when i went.

My 10/19 Breakaway has some nice reductions - they seem to be a 25% supplement. I upgraded tonight from a Studio (which I originally paid $545 for which was a steal) to a 11th floor middle balcony for $786.

Ironically, studios are now $929!

Anyway, if anyone is interested in 10/19- inside (GTY) start at $561

Oceanview $624.

Balconies $749 (GTY, BB's are $774 and you can pick from 4) BA's are $786- same as BC GTY.

Minisuites start at $936 but I think the room sizes themselves are similar.

Fees are around $134, platinum insurance $139

Originally last year I had a studio for $999 and upgraded to a balcony for $1099 total, so for me its around $314 less than last year (excluding port fees) when i went.

Those are great prices!

I'm hoping that the Holiday and January sailings on the Breakaway or Gem come down in price? Crossing my fingers.