Cruise with 300 Pinnacle

Hypothetical question

You booked a cruise and prior to final payment date discover that there are 300 Pinnacle members booked on the cruise, what would you do?

I have meet some Pinnacle members who are very nice but I think I would be looking for a way out with that many on-broad.

Hypothetical question

You booked a cruise and prior to final payment date discover that there are 300 Pinnacle members booked on the cruise, what would you do?

I have meet some Pinnacle members who are very nice but I think I would be looking for a way out with that many on-broad.

umm okay. do you want your own private Suite /Concierge Lounge? cuz quite frankly that is the ONLY major impact a large number of Pinnacles would have on a cruise en masse. oh and seating in Chops for Breakfast.

You'd have a better chance of finding a unicorn in your cabin, and I'm not referring to one made of a towel.

I actually know two Pinnacle members, but have yet to encounter one on a cruise. They are very rare.

Curious as to why someone would even ask this. I believe no question is ever truly hypothetical. ;) Is this for a transatlantic or a Boston to Florida repo?

If you have a problem with 300 Pinnacle members on one ship, then perhaps you should cancel your cruise.

You'd have a better chance of finding a unicorn in your cabin, and I'm not referring to one made of a towel.

I actually know two Pinnacle members, but have yet to encounter one on a cruise. They are very rare.

my Last Liberty had about 30 on board.. many of whom were on B2B or B2B2B

while it DID make seating in the ( then Concierge) Lounge and getting a table at Chops at breakfast..interesting.. they had exactly zero impact outside of those 2 venues.

Another Pinnacle slamming post. Reality is that a person's personality and how they treat people are determined early in life. Becoming Pinnacle doesn't change them, they were either nice or a jerk long before then. Avoid people who you do not want to associate with, but do not demean a whole group because of the behavior of a few bad apples.

Hypothetical question

Are you cruising because of them?? It wouldn't matter to me.. Have fun, as I am sure that's what they want to do as well...

Another Pinnacle slamming post. Reality is that a person's personality and how they treat people are determined early in life. Becoming Pinnacle doesn't change them, they were either nice or a jerk long before then. Avoid people who you do not want to associate with, but do not demean a whole group because of the behavior of a few bad apples.

I agree....I'm sure there might be some I would not care to associate with, but not because they are Pinnacle. I have several Pinnacle friends. They are only people. If the OP has a problem with them, it's their problem, not the people who are Pinnacle. Maybe, it's just a jealousy thing.....:rolleyes:

Gwen :)

I'm on the harmony TA which apparently has a couple of hundred pinnacles on it.

and, quite frankly, it *does* concern me because i'm in a suite and had planned to dine at coastal kitchen every night, but it's showing up in the cruise planner as booked solid. i am hoping they are just reserving room for walk-ins or people to book onboard. i will not be a happy camper if i can't get into CK.

that said, snobs will be snobs (and nice folks will be nice folks) no matter their C&A level. so i'm not concerned about so many pinnacles affecting the mood onboard, or even the mood in the SL. whenever we've booked suites we've met very nice people in the SL. i just want my CK dinners! :)

I'm on the harmony TA which apparently has a couple of hundred pinnacles on it.

and, quite frankly, it *does* concern me because i'm in a suite and had planned to dine at coastal kitchen every night, but it's showing up in the cruise planner as booked solid. i am hoping they are just reserving room for walk-ins or people to book onboard. i will not be a happy camper if i can't get into CK.

that said, snobs will be snobs (and nice folks will be nice folks) no matter their C&A level. so i'm not concerned about so many pinnacles affecting the mood onboard, or even the mood in the SL. whenever we've booked suites we've met very nice people in the SL. i just want my CK dinners! :)

I am also on the TA. This morning I just booked Coastal Kitchen for night 8.

I think I would be looking for a way out with that many on-broad.

I think I would be looking for a way to get "adopted" by one of those Pinnacles, so they could take me with them on some of their future cruises. Not too many people looking to adopt a 50-year-old kid, though.

Edit: I see I'm not the first to have this idea. Already thinking my chances are slim, and now I have to compete with Brigbound.

Edited by Paul65

I have to add my 2 cents worth as well. I sailed out of Galveston twice, once on NAV and Once on LIB. we sail in GS each time. on NAV the Snobby ness of the D+ in the CL was so very off putting that we seriously considered NOT booking on LIB knowing that the port makes it a popular option for higher tier cruisers more so than the actual ship. and indeed the demographics on both were very similar.

but we said eff it and booked anyway.

on NAV, the first thing they did was ask you your status and tuned their noses up if you replied anything less than D+( we are Emerald) the little C&A pins were worn EVERYWHERE.. Yes I even saw it on someone's bathing suit in the hot tub for crying' out loud.

On LIB, they only came out at dinner, and even then most only wore them formal nights and all anybody ever asked us was where we were from and what other Royal or Celebrity cruises we had taken. I would far rather hang out with the Pinnacles I have met than most D+ I have met.

my only concern would be the service from the staff and crew. I was on Majesty one sailing and we were in the Schooner Bar doing the jewelry making. I was struggling (forgot my glasses) so the activities person was helping me. A couple of Pinnacles march up and ask the person where so-in-so was (another staff member). The activities person helping me blew them off with "I don't know where she is" then he noticed their Pinnacle pins and he dropped what he was doing (in other words dumped me, left me hanging) and kissed their butts. He chatted them up and even got on the bar phone and tried tracking down the staff member they were looking for. I was chopped liver I guess, and my time wasn't as valuable as the Pinnacles. Right then and there I decided I don't want to be a Pinnacle so I've reduced my RCI sailings. MSC is in our future.