UK Terror Threat Level Raised to 'Critical'

The main change you, as a tourist, will see away from the major government sights and buildings is bags being opened at all museums and theatres and more foot police.

It is very normal in all other respects and the weather is perfect.

Everyone should come and visit and support the British people.

I just wanted to say, I am so sorry this happened and have been thinking of all our UK CCers.

Thank you.

I live in the Manchester area and have been to the Arena a few times.

RIP

For anyone visiting, you may see army troops around key sites. Don't be concerned, they are just there as an added protection. Please still visit, and enjoy your vacations :)

The main change you, as a tourist, will see away from the major government sights and buildings is bags being opened at all museums and theatres and more foot police.

What a terrible tragedy, our hearts go out to the victims' families and the British people, stay strong!

Of course none of this will keep us from travelling, we don't let the terrorists dictate where we go. My family should be in London this time next week and we're looking forward to spending 3 glorious weeks in the UK and Ireland. One request though, please hold on tight to the perfect weather:D

What a terrible tragedy, our hearts go out to the victims' families and the British people, stay strong!

Of course none of this will keep us from travelling, we don't let the terrorists dictate where we go. My family should be in London this time next week and we're looking forward to spending 3 glorious weeks in the UK and Ireland. One request though, please hold on tight to the perfect weather:D

Doing my best, 75 and beautiful blue skies again today.:D

We are leaving for London and the British Isles three months from today, and can't wait to get there.

Good to hear, thank you.

We in London with our sons right after the July, 2005 bombings. It was the BEST experience having all those police officers on the streets! We were SO impressed with how helpful they were! They gave excellent directions and were really thorough explaining things to you. I've missed them ever since! So if you're going - don't worry at all. It could be a very good thing!

Doing my best, 75 and beautiful blue skies again today.:D

That was Friday.

You let us down Friday night ;)

Thunder & lightning.:eek:

But you were bound to be on a loser - it's a long holiday weekend, and poor weather on holiday weekends in the UK is ............. errrrrr....... "traditional" :D

The sun will return on Tuesday, when folk are back at work.

It always does :rolleyes:

Enjoy

JB :)