Table for Two

I requested a table for two when I booked our cruise. We have sat with a group before and it was fun to chat and meet new people. However, this time, my husband and I would just really like to be by ourselves. We are cruising with no family or kids this time and just want the 4 days to be quality time with just us. Are they pretty good about accommodating that request? Is there something I should do pre-cruise to make sure that we get the table for two? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

if you are MTD it is the default.

if you are on Traditional dining, there are a lot fewer 2 tops available so you may have to rearrange once on board( most people with traditional go to the DR once they board to scope out their table assignment/location ahead of time, and if it isn't to their liking, see about changing it)

if you are MTD it is the default.

if you are on Traditional dining, there are a lot fewer 2 tops available so you may have to rearrange once on board( most people with traditional go to the DR once they board to scope out their table assignment/location ahead of time, and if it isn't to their liking, see about changing it)

Yes, we have traditional dining. Who do you see about changing it once on board?

at the entrance to the MDR ur yt?there will be at least one person( the headwaiter or Maitre D' ) there to handle all such requests.

or, just switch to MTD once on board if possible.

You can switch to MTD once on board?? Never knew that

We also request a 2 top in our reservation, but there is one extra step you can take. About three weeks prior to departure, send an email to rcldining@rccl.com to confirm. This has always worked for me...

Be sure to include your reservation number/ship/sailing date in the email.

Thank you! Will try that

You can switch to MTD once on board?? Never knew that

Yes. You can switch your dining at any time, actually. More than once we couldn't get MDR before the cruise and ended up with MTD. We switched or got put on the wait list once we got onboard.

Are they pretty good about accommodating that request? Is there something I should do pre-cruise to make sure that we get the table for two?

I just read a posting from another member about MTD. They liked having the same waiter and wanted to eat at the same time every night. So they spoke to the maitre'd and he let them pick a table and booked them at the same table every night for the rest of the cruise. Best part was they didn't have to wait in line, just show up (on time!) and go to their table.

Not saying they will all do this, but worth asking.

I just read a posting from another member about MTD. They liked having the same waiter and wanted to eat at the same time every night. So they spoke to the maitre'd and he let them pick a table and booked them at the same table every night for the rest of the cruise. Best part was they didn't have to wait in line, just show up (on time!) and go to their table.

This was also my experience exactly on my last cruise on Freedom. :)

If you are not cruising this week, why not just call RC now and ask them to switch you to MTD. You will pay your gratuities and be all set.

The good news is that after your first night if you like your server and table number you can request it for each night. You if don't like your server or table you can ask for another area. On our recent Allure cruise we liked our server and table and had it each night. We also ate at the same time each night which probably made it more possible that we got the same table each night.

With traditional dining it can be a hassle getting a table for 2...with my time dining it's no problem.

Two tops are now so close to each other. Very few inches between the tables. Only a skinny server can fit between them.

That's why when we first get on the ship we go to the MTD area and ask to look at the tables for two. We find one we like and ask for it at our already reserved dinner time. I always reserve ahead, and then change on the ship if necessary. We won't sit in the "cheek to jowl" section of tables for two.

Is that true of both MTD and traditional, or is MTD a little better in getting a table for 2 that's not on top of another one?

MTD usually has more of a selection. See my post above, and go look at them when you get on board the ship. Give the head waiter at the door that is making reservation changes the table number for your reservation.

I requested a table for two when I booked our cruise. We have sat with a group before and it was fun to chat and meet new people. However, this time, my husband and I would just really like to be by ourselves. We are cruising with no family or kids this time and just want the 4 days to be quality time with just us. Are they pretty good about accommodating that request? Is there something I should do pre-cruise to make sure that we get the table for two? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

In a word, YES.

When the Wife and I sailed Liberty Of The Seas, I called RCCL to request a table for 2 by a window, and they emailed me a copy of the seating chart showing me the tables available. I sent back my choice and this is what we got.

IMG_0196_zps76f16ea3.jpg

In a word, YES.

When the Wife and I sailed Liberty Of The Seas, I called RCCL to request a table for 2 by a window, and they emailed me a copy of the seating chart showing me the tables available. I sent back my choice and this is what we got.

IMG_0196_zps76f16ea3.jpg

This would be perfect!!! Did you just call the regular customer service number and ask them because when I called they just said that they do have my request for a table for two and that was it. Is there another number I should be calling like C&A?? That is awesome that they emailed you the choices. That would be great if they could do the same for us.

Is that true of both MTD and traditional, or is MTD a little better in getting a table for 2 that's not on top of another one?

Cant tell you for sure. I just know the way I seen it for regular early time dining

In a word, YES.

That is great do you mind sharing who you emailed for this I am interested in this also

Thanks all for the replies. I emailed them and asked for a table for two so we shall see what happens. When we board I will go to the dining room and see where we sit. But I do have a question on that. Someone mentioned to talk to the person at the front of the dining room if we don't like where we are sitting and they can switch. How can they do that? Isn't everyone already assigned a table and they are all taken at that point once everyone is on board?

In a word, YES.

My husband and I sailed on FOS last September and had a table for two right next to a window like you did. I emailed someone directly on the ship; Bob here on CC provided the email info. They emailed me back with a pdf of the table lay out and where ours would be. For the second week of our B2B, we requested to be at the same table which was no problem, but sadly the wait staff rotated so we weren't able to keep them.

This would be perfect!!! Did you just call the regular customer service number and ask them because when I called they just said that they do have my request for a table for two and that was it. Is there another number I should be calling like C&A?? That is awesome that they emailed you the choices. That would be great if they could do the same for us.

That is great do you mind sharing who you emailed for this I am interested in this also

I managed to find my notes, and here is the info.

The dining department is extension 38614.

They start working the table assignments 60 days prior to sailing. So exactly 60 days out I sent an email to RCLDining@rccl.com with my reservation number, cabin number. our names, and what we wanted for a table. They sent me back an attachment showing the table layout with our table highlighted.

Once onboard, the first place we headed was the MDR to check out our assignment. It was exactly what we wanted.

If you get a table assignment you don't like, you can always check in with the Maitre D' right away after boarding and try to get it changed.

I managed to find my notes, and here is the info.

The dining department is extension 38614.

They start working the table assignments 60 days prior to sailing. So exactly 60 days out I sent an email to RCLDining@rccl.com with my reservation number, cabin number. our names, and what we wanted for a table. They sent me back an attachment showing the table layout with our table highlighted.

Once onboard, the first place we headed was the MDR to check out our assignment. It was exactly what we wanted.

If you get a table assignment you don't like, you can always check in with the Maitre D' right away after boarding and try to get it changed.

Wow!!!! Thanks for the info. We aren't cruising till January 2016. But I just marked 60 days out on my calendar. Hope we have success like you did!!