Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale

tsxgray1

We are planning on staying at the Embassy Suites pre cruise. However I have been reading some negative reviews about this hotel. Now I am also looking at the Hyatt Place close to the Embassy Suites. Rates are similar. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I suppose it depends on your dates but the Hyatt Place 17th St. was less expensive than the Embassy Suites for our dates. It also offers a free shuttle from the airport.

We usually try to stay at Hilton properties for the points but this time we are trying that Hyatt.

We are planning on staying at the Embassy Suites pre cruise. However I have been reading some negative reviews about this hotel. Now I am also looking at the Hyatt Place close to the Embassy Suites. Rates are similar. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Have no idea what reports you may have been reading or the dates of them....but I can tell you Embassy Suites is not only mine but many others first choice of hotesl in Fort Lauderdale...

We were just there as recently as October and with the new renovations the hotel was even better than our previous stays.

Don't always believe what a few random personal out of the ordinary posts may have to say.. Enjoy the ES...no doubt you will :)

I've stayed at this Embassy Suites several times in the last few years and have found it to be very nice. My last two trips to Ft Lauderdale I've stayed at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Marina at the 17th Street bridge. You don't get the nice free breakfast or manager's reception, but the grounds are much nicer and you can pick up the Water Taxi there. Last March I had room 1402 on the 14th floor that faced the port and provided an awesome view of the cruise ships.

We arrived in Ft Lauderdale on Thursday and stayed at the Hyatt for two nights before heading to Naples and staying at Hyatt Coco Point. We drove back this morning, dropped off the rental car at Enterprise as we came off the highway and cringed when we saw the cruise port traffic across the street. Ent. used our rental car to drop us back at the Hyatt for one more night before we board our ship tomorrow.

I have a Hyatt Passport membership, and for us, tonight is on them. Can't beat that rate. We like the rooms, good value, and friendly service. Breakfast is always part of the package. Yes, Hyatt has a free shuttle to/from the airport. Transfer to the ship is $7.pp or get your own cab. Given the traffic, we decided to do the van instead of a cab with meter running.

Darcy

After years of staying at Embassy Suites, we recently tried Hyatt Place (literally right next door) and loved it. We have booked them again through Valuetrips twice in 2015.

Go with whichever one is the least expensive. The Hyatt Place is smaller, so less crowds to deal with at breakfast, shuttle, etc. And still the easy walk to Total Wine and Publix :)

We will be staying there again this August. Love the location. Evening cocktails and complete breakfast. Booked it in November. Got a good rate with our loyalty points.

Safe travels

Sent from my LG-V410 using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I am also confused about the best hotel. It's now between the Embassy Suites and the Galleria One (which we booked way back in the late summer).

Both hotels are getting both good and bad reviews on Tripadvisor. Both have reviews saying that the hotel has been renovated and the rooms are spectacular. Then comes along a new review that will say the rooms need upgrading, plumbing problems, dirty carpet, etc.. I don't know who to believe!

We did go into the Embassy Suites last Fall and the hotel lobby was very nice. We could tell that renovations were going on, but were the rooms renovated?

We have already had a bad experience at Galleria One, but wanted to give them another chance. However...the reviews are basically bad for this property.

Both hotels have the same rate for our dates. The Embassy Suites has a leg up with the breakfast and cocktail hour (Nice with the two nights we will stay.) The Galleria One has a leg up being nearer the beach (one day visit) and being near the mall.

Can someone tell me how far the water taxi is from the Embassy suites? We do plan on buying a pass if we stay there. We can take the water taxi to Galleria or Las Olas for dinners, and also use it to get to the beach via the Galleria stop.

Can someone tell me how far the water taxi is from the Embassy suites? We do plan on buying a pass if we stay there. We can take the water taxi to Galleria or Las Olas for dinners, and also use it to get to the beach via the Galleria stop.

Embassy Suites to the water taxi stop under the 17th Street Bridge at the Hilton Marina is 7/10ths of a mile according to google. http://www.watertaxi.com

We stay at Hyatt Place. Not fancy but always clean and room is large. Also within walking distance many places to eat and just across street from shopping area with grocery store and Total Wine.

http://theharborshops.com/

We have always walked the short distance to the Water Taxi.

Edited by texkan

I hope the Embassy suites are nice. I just book it for before and after our cruise in Sept. I got very good rates booking directly through the hotel

That's a bit surprising...I've always gotten much better rates using LMTC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by molsonschooner viewpost.gif

I hope the Embassy suites are nice. I just book it for before and after our cruise in Sept. I got very good rates booking directly through the hotel

That's a bit surprising...I've always gotten much better rates using LMTC.

I prefer to book directly with a hotel. I booked the Embassy Suites last week - 2 Bed Standard Suite. Today, I checked back on Embassy's website and found the Premium King Suite that was previously unavailable. Booked it for $20 LESS than the reservation last week. :D

Tell me more. I have never heard of either LMTC or the Hilton Family MVP. are these clubs that one has to join?

Do any of you have any knowledge about this statement and where I go to check-in online??

Embassy Suites FLL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can check in the day before our stay and select my room. Would anyone be able to tell me what room numbers would be facing the port area and not the busy street? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Iamthesea

Your choice and we have to respect that. But on Hilton Family MVP you can save SO much money when booking the Hilton brand properties and you're still booking direct.

Thank you so much for this information. I looked up the mvp program, gave Hilton a call and saved $30 off of my existing reservation AAA rate. Awesome.

I have been a Hilton Honors member for several years and am wondering why I am just hearing about this MVP program now on Cruise Critic???? Did Hilton send out info about this or is it some special secret that only a few people get to know about??? Very strange!:confused:

Thank you so much for this information. I looked up the mvp program, gave Hilton a call and saved $30 off of my existing reservation AAA rate. Awesome.

I looked it up and it said that I would have to stay 9 nights in a 90 day period to receive the status to Gold. :( I am only Blue because I always forget to add my Honors number to Hilton reservations. There is no way that we will be staying at that many Hilton hotel nights in that short of a time frame. We do not travel for business.

Edited by Iamthesea

I looked it up and it said that I would have to stay 9 nights in a 90 day period to receive the status to Gold. :( I am only Blue because I always forget to add my Honors number to Hilton reservations. There is no way that we will be staying at that many Hilton hotel nights in that short of a time frame. We do not travel for business.

This is not correct. You just sign up for the Hilton MVP program (for free) and you can start enjoying the discounted rates.

Thanks for the tip. I just did it and saved 20% for my April trip.

DaveOKC

I'm already booked for the Embassy Suites for my April cruise, but no dates are available when I use the MVP link so presumably the hotel is fully booked for that night. Do you think they would honor the MVP rate on my existing reservation? I guess it's worth calling the hotel to find out, I've been a HIltoon Honors member for years, but this is the first time I've heard of their MVP program and the 20% discount off their best available rate.

The MVP info is very confusing! It says to pick a 90day period and if you have enough hotel stays within those days, you move up to gold.

It doesn't say that you get the 20% off for hotel stays outside of those days. Soo If I need a hotel for October, which is more than 90 days from now, can I still get that rate??

I'll have to try it and see.

I still say that for long time Hilton honors members it should not be a secret!