Booking on website - changed process today?

Mysticalmother

Was struggling to get on to P & O's website all morning today - have now mangaged it and find that the online booking system has changed! You can no longer do a dummy booking - to see what cabins are available - without putting your name in.:(

Any one else seen this? Seems to be a completely new format. I suppose one can only hope that they might have improved the website generally at the same time!

Yep, you're right. Completely new format. In the first instance, It only asked for first name and if you had sailed with P&O before. I didn't go any further.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would you when you say P&O are an inferior company in fact I am amazed you are even looking at the website after what you have said about P&O :).

It does seem a bit strange, probably because we were used to the old system.

So far as giving a name is concerned I just put in any old name.

I agree but I was able to check cabin availability.

Not only has it changed, but they've brought back 'Vantage' and 'Getaway' fares!!!!!!!:confused:

Just checked all months from now until Jan 2015 and it only shows the select price.:confused:

Just checked all months from now until Jan 2015 and it only shows the select price.:confused:

How strange. I just did a dummy booking for my October cruise and it came up with Vantage & Getaway fares :confused::confused::confused:

It would be good if someone else did a dummy booking for cruise X423 to see what they get. I did say I hadn't traveled with them before. Maybe that makes a difference?

Edited by shallwe

How strange. I just did a dummy booking for my October cruise and it came up with Vantage & Getaway fares :confused::confused::confused:

It would be good if someone else did a dummy booking for cruise X423 to see what they get. I did say I hadn't traveled with them before. Maybe that makes a difference?

I stated that as well so it doesn't make a difference.

It's done that before showing Vantage and Getaway. I reported it to P&O.

OK, just did a dummy booking for X423, but no Saver fare was available at all. Only Select at a lot more than we paid. No Early saver fares showing for my cruise on Adonia next April, but they were there yesterday. Typical P&O website. Make changes and cock it up.

Edited by jeanlyon

I worked as a software engineer for 35 years and I have to say that this must be one of the most poorly designed system that I have ever seen. Everytime that P&O make a change to their website it is full of problems, I have wonder whether they employ system testers and if so whether they actually actually test the system thoroughly.

I looked at a cruise that I have booked for May next year and saw that the only prices shown on the page appeared to be Select prices but I know that they are actually the Early Saver prices, I then went forward and tried to make a dummy booking, the prices that then appeared were the real Select prices. When I got to selecting the cabin there were no suggested cabin numbers so I openned up a session with the deckplans for the only deck that the original page had given me (I assume that all of the other outside cabins are booked). I then checked every one of the outside cabins and each time I got a message that the chosen cabin was not available.

I find it incredible that 8 months out all of the outside cabins on the Azura are fully booked, I strongly suspect that this is a bug especially as when I booked this particular cruise on Tuesday I spoke to the call centre and was told that there were dozens of cabins available.

P&O really need to improve their quality control on their IT systems, I can imagine that newcomers to P&O may well be put off booking this weekend by this latest fiasco because they will think that their chosen cruise is full.

I have just tried a dummy booking and, actually, I like the new way! It was showing the select and saver fare and when I got near the end it listed the benefits of both and you could choose to change it. I also liked when you picked a grade of cabin there was a much better deck plan than normal to click on - much clearer than the old way I thought.

It does accept any name. I became Bertrand and my wife was Ethel. Believe me, that can't be farther than the truth!

However, I couldn't replicate the 'Getaway' & 'Vantage' fare bit so that shows that P & O were putting this together over the last 12 months and that this was a glitch.

Just tried, and gave up because I couldn't remember my Peninsular Club number. To go to my account and find it logged me out of the booking system.

So I gave up.

And I was at least half serious about completing the booking; I quite fancy the cruise.

Your loss P&O!