Miami Port Hotel?

CruiseLover1996

Which hotel is best and close to Miami port? :o

I prefer the Intercontinental. It is very close to bayside , you can walk to it ,and you can see the ships across the bay .A very short cab ride in the morning.

What date are you looking for?

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

We were NOT impressed with the Intercontinental in July. It was way too big. The morning of the cruise, it took almost an HOUR to get an elevator. Personally, we would not stay there again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The best means different things to different people.

If you want to know the most luxurious near the port they are Mandarin Oriental and Four Seasons.

Here is a list of hotels in addition to these two that are in other price points. I would check out each one but know they are about 10 minutes from the port.

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Hampton Inn (downtown Miami)

Marriott

Hyatt

Holiday Inn Bayside

Keith

Intercontinental was nice, but every little thing was so expensive! We've stayed a few times at Holiday Inn POM, but it seems too expensive for what you get. We've stayed at the Embassy Suites Airport and it was nice with free happy hour & breakfast, but there's nothing nearby so you have to eat in their restaurant (which is good, BTW). However, we've found we LOVE Hyatt Place Airport. Good breakfast, spacious rooms, cheap cab to port and great Italian restaurant next door. YMMV :D

Hotels nearer the airport and not near the port will run less. If you have more than an evening to spend, I wouldn't stay out so far. Start your vacation away from a generic airport hotel area.;)

There are lots of places to eat downtown that are NOT expensive, as well as stores to pick up wine and/or last min items for the cruise.

Edited by eandj

I have stayed at Holiday Inn POM, and enjoyed my stay there, had no problems, and the only thing that I could say was a slight negative was that the elevators were a tad slow on cruise morning. Staff were pleasant, room was standard Hol Inn and well equipped with mini fridge and microwave, coffee maker. Location was excellent with respect to the port and bayside mktplace. I have stayed at other Miami hotels in the past but they either no longer exist or have been taken over by other companies, so for me Hol Inn Pom would be my first choice, but that also would depend on price.

I would definitely consider Intercontinental, but again would depend on price. Also the B2 hotel looks interesting and is one block down from HOL Inn.

The lowest rate I've found is for the Doubletree by Hilton Grand Biscayne Bay. Has anyone stayed there?

Very nice hotel next door to the Marriott with some rooms offering a view of the port. Shopping and dining near by plus a great pool area. I stay there when in Miami for business (and cannot cruise :().

Walk 2 blocks to Bin 18 (Biscayne and 18th) for gret tapas and an extensive wine and craft beer list. :D

We are looking at the Holiday Inn POM for our April 2015 cruise on the Epic. The non-refundable rate is $189/night, regular rate is $211 I believe.

Is $189 too much for that time of the year? Is there a drugstore nearby to purchase sunscreen, etc?

$189 could be a good price - when in April (easter week will be more expensive than the end of the month)? :confused:

There is a drugstore nearby for last minute purchases and Bayside Market with lots of shopping and dining options is across the street.

We are looking at the Holiday Inn POM for our April 2015 cruise on the Epic. The non-refundable rate is $189/night, regular rate is $211 I believe.

Is $189 too much for that time of the year? Is there a drugstore nearby to purchase sunscreen, etc?

Holiday Inn POM is avaliable on LMT for $155 for your date.......4/11........right?

http://www.lastminutetravel.com

Join the "club"...it's free

Holiday Inn POM is avaliable on LMT for $155 for your date.......4/11........right?

http://www.lastminutetravel.com

Join the "club"...it's free

I was able to get this rate with the LMT link so thank you very much for your help!

I did call the HI POM just to confirm my reservation last night, and they didn't have the same conf # as I had, but they had my booking, which is the main thing. They gave me the hotel's conf # so we are all set to go now!

• 2 weeks later...