Frustration with post-cruise 'survey'

phoenix_dream

I'm sure it has been mentioned in postings before, but am I the only one totally frustrated with the lack of feedback asked for on the post-cruise survey? It asks you to point out staff who have gone above and beyond. That's fine. But what about where service was lacking? What about issues or comments or suggestions for improvement you might have about things other than staff? Many are not even covered in the 1-10 rating questions, and there is nowhere to explain why you rated something so low, or conversely so high. It makes me feel that Celebrity does not really care about what I think, as long as I give a high answer to the one about the likelihood of cruising again or recommending to others. I love Celebrity, but there are a few areas where I feel real improvement needs to be made (live entertainment is high on my list) but there is nowhere for me to provide that input. Most surveys have a section for other comments/suggestions you would like to leave.

It would be nice if there were more sections for feedback. I put all of it into the section about outstanding crew members. I name them first, then I carry on with a few more paragraphs about general stuff.

They used to do an interim card in the cabin too, I think, but I haven't seen one on the past couple of cruises. Maybe I'm thinking of another cruise line for that one.

Until the April cruise we just finished on Equinox, Celebrity ships we sailed would give a survey several days into the cruise. They asked for anything we felt needed attention on the ship or any other comments we wanted to make.

Equinox, however, did not pass out that survey. What I liked about the shipboard survey was someone always got back to me about what I said and thanked me for any praise I offered or explained to me why something was a certain way. I always felt the survey really mattered to Celebrity, but I have never seen evidence that the internet surveys meant anything. I hope that the crew members I praise get some recognition, but there is no way to know if they do.

If you see a problem or area that you feel isn't up to expectations why not talk to the appropriate department head while on the ship.

We get a Attention to Detail card in our cabin every cruise about mid cruise. A good way to recognize a crew member who is providing service over and above or point out a opportunity to improve. We have always had positive feedback from using that means to communicate with the officers and department heads.

If you see a problem or area that you feel isn't up to expectations why not talk to the appropriate department head while on the ship.

We get a Attention to Detail card in our cabin every cruise about mid cruise. A good way to recognize a crew member who is providing service over and above or point out a opportunity to improve. We have always had positive feedback from using that means to communicate with the officers and department heads.

Yes, for one off problems that is a good approach. I am talking about more general feedback, like the continued decreasing of live music in the bars. More of Home Office feedback as it were.

It would be nice if there were more sections for feedback. I put all of it into the section about outstanding crew members. I name them first, then I carry on with a few more paragraphs about general stuff.

They used to do an interim card in the cabin too, I think, but I haven't seen one on the past couple of cruises. Maybe I'm thinking of another cruise line for that one.

No, it was Celebrity too, they had "Attention to Detail" cards that passengers could fill out during the cruise and drop in a box near the Guest Relations' desk anytime. I don't remember if they were in the cabin during my cruise last year, I will certainly look out for them this September.

I agree with previous poster who suggested addressing problems with the mid cruise survey. On Connie during our February 2016 sailing I received one and filled it out praising several outstanding crew members. At the end there was a section asking what X could do to make your cruise more enjoyable. I made an off-hand comment about the handheld hairdryers being difficult to use for passengers with long thick hair or hand dexterity issues having to depress button for airflow. The next day I got a call in our cabin from the concierge, who had read my comment. She thanked me for the praise of crew members. She also had searched the ship (including the suites) unsuccessfully for another type and offered me the use of her personal dryer for the remainder of the cruise. I do think X cares about customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, as those of us who have sailed with X know, the website and IT departments are woefully lacking. If your concerns were not met while aboard and there was nowhere on the online survey form for them, I would call Captains Club or email Celebrityonetouch@celebrity.com

At least you are getting the surveys. After our most recent Millennium cruise we never even got the survey. I did send a note to Celebrity about it and mentioned by name the crew members who were truly outstanding and made our trip great. The reply so far? Crickets. Oh well.

At least you are getting the surveys. After our most recent Millennium cruise we never even got the survey. I did send a note to Celebrity about it and mentioned by name the crew members who were truly outstanding and made our trip great. The reply so far? Crickets. Oh well.

Agree, we don't always receive the online survey; it appears to be hit or miss.

As someone who very briefly and many years ago worked in market research for a large company, I was actually sent on a questionnaire design course. I can only say that the Celebrity questionnaire (whether in its previous paper form or the new email version) cannot deliver true discrimination between good and bad in any area, there is simply not enough detail. It cannot be taken remotely seriously, save as a way of reporting that everything is going well, since most people will not want to disadvantage the good people in a category by using an overall grade to point out deficiencies!! However, in Celebrity's defence, the same appears top be true for all the other cruise lines I have experienced. Although I always respond to the questionnaire, I don't kid myself that it will make any difference. And the bottom line is pretty much always that the cruise lines I travel deliver good value for money and enjoyable experience, whatever gripes may occur from time to time.

Recent post cruise surveys..on line..seem more like a PR exercise..at one point they wanted permission to use our name with a positive quote

We no longer take them very seriously...

You can request an "attention to detail" card at Guest Rel while on board to praise staff or mention an area needing improvement,..they are read and responded do!

Until the April cruise we just finished on Equinox, Celebrity ships we sailed would give a survey several days into the cruise. They asked for anything we felt needed attention on the ship or any other comments we wanted to make.

Equinox, however, did not pass out that survey. What I liked about the shipboard survey was someone always got back to me about what I said and thanked me for any praise I offered or explained to me why something was a certain way. I always felt the survey really mattered to Celebrity, but I have never seen evidence that the internet surveys meant anything. I hope that the crew members I praise get some recognition, but there is no way to know if they do.

We are just off the Equinox today (4/24/17) and we did have a shipboard survey in our cabin mid-cruise. I just completed my online survey and I had no problem adding the fact that the wine by the class was lacking good wine. I added this in the area where I pointed out 3 crew members who went above and beyond great service. Nowhere on my survey did they ask our income as one poster mentioned.