Last time to buy a "Crab Snack" dinner for us

gottagocit

We've enjoyed the crap shack dinner on two previous voyages but it has been a couple years since we had done it. Last week while on the Majestic we talked two new-to-Princess family members into joining us for the experience. I wish we hadn't.

As usual we opted for the shrimp and king crab legs. We did get 10-12 tasty boiled shrimp but each got just one crab leg that was sliced into 'halves' length ways. The two really equate to a single leg. Very disappointing especially given we encouraged others to pay the $29 based on our prior experiences. In the past we used claw crackers to break several legs and and leg pieces. We felt so bad we put all four meals on our cabins account.

I suppose things often as good as you remember and that certainly was the case here.

On a positive note we enjoyed the Majestic very much for the most part.

I don't think there is a need to call it that though. :o

Oh my! It took my a moment to understand your message. Lol. I honestly didn't intend to spell the title that way. I didn't even realize I had done so.

I will attempt to edit it if possible but not sure I can after a reply is posted.

Oh my! It took my a moment to understand your message. Lol. I honestly didn't intend to spell the title that way. I didn't even realize I had done so.

I will attempt to edit it if possible but not sure I can after a reply is posted.

I couldn't resist. :)

You could click the red exclamation point in the upper right of the post and ask the mods to change it for you. ;)

I couldn't resist. :)

You could click the red exclamation point in the upper right of the post and ask the mods to change it for you. ;)

Lol. I really wasn't that clever when writing the title. Just have big thumbs on this small tablet digital keyboard I guess.

I did take your advice and submitted a request to fix it since it wouldn't allow me to do so.

Thanks

Lol. I really wasn't that clever when writing the title. Just have big thumbs on this small tablet digital keyboard I guess.

I did take your advice and submitted a request to fix it since it wouldn't allow me to do so.

Thanks

Sooooo...............now I'm wondering if that's a typo in your first sentence. :confused:

We did but were told that was all that was included in the cost of the dinner.

It's just another cutback in what they now serve for the price. If you want more it'll cost you extra like all the other Specialty restaurants on Princess.

It make me wonder how long they can keep fooling their loyal customers? :confused::(

Sounds as though it applied, though.

Oh boy! The price increased from $19 for the Crab Shack to now being $29 for a Crab Snack! ;)

Since the price increase, on my cruises the Crab Shack was available less often. I attributed this due to the price increase but if the portions have also become smaller that's probably another reason.

We had more than enough food at Crab Shack so never had to request more food. Like some other things, I've read that sometimes they'll give you more food but sometimes refuse to do it. With other recent food limits at Share, Salty Dog & the new Sabatini's Trattoria, the Crab Shack may also now have food limits.

I loved the Crab Shack on my Dec., 2015 cruise! They served tons of seafood (I also had the shrimp and king crab pot) and kept asking if I wanted more! The contents of the pot was plenty, but the server said "basically it's all-you-can-eat." I wonder if they did this for awhile to get passengers "hooked" on the food (which was excellent) then raise the price and cut back on the portion size? If so, that's too bad. :(

Edited by Go-Bucks!

Looks like you need to ask before booking what the policy is on your cruise.

If they go round pushing the upsell ASK, on a longer cruise go the first night early and ASK..

If they are not allowing extras then make it known you would have booked but not now., same if you chance by the Stripes give the constructive service improvement suggestions (along with a suggestion for a name change.) they need to restore the product back to when it was good.

I loved the Crab Shack on my Dec., 2015 cruise! They served tons of seafood (I also had the shrimp and king crab pot) and kept asking if I wanted more! The contents of the pot was plenty, but the server said "basically it's all-you-can-eat." I wonder if they did this for awhile to get passengers "hooked" on the food (which was excellent) then raise the price and cut back on the portion size? If so, that's too bad. :(

From what I've been reading here on CC all the Specialty restaurants have eliminated the "all you can eat" option and instated a $10 charge for anything extra. Not that we're ordered much in extra main courses before (usually appetizers or desserts) but this move seems over the top charging $29 for that amount of food. Unless they change something we won't go back.

If this is an indication of the future in the Specialty restaurants I can only wonder what cutbacks we'll be seeing in the main DR in the future. :(

It's just another cutback in what they now serve for the price. If you want more it'll cost you extra like all the other Specialty restaurants on Princess.

It make me wonder how long they can keep fooling their loyal customers? :confused::(

The only ones they are fooling, are the ones that haven't cruised for years, but still continue to try and enforce their views onto people here via this forum.

The ones that understand the changes are the ones that make a informed decision on who and when they cruise with.Nuff said ;p:)

The only ones they are fooling, are the ones that haven't cruised for years, but still continue to try and enforce their views onto people here via this forum.

The ones that understand the changes are the ones that make a informed decision on who and when they cruise with.Nuff said ;p:)

Which in reality isn't really that many people at all compared to the total number of people sailing. People sailing on most Princess cruises don't even know what Cruise Critic is and even the ones that do know don't get involved in all the discussions.

It seems to be the pattern.