Travelling with a baby..questions!!!

Wigglywarrior

Hi. We are travelling with a 10 month old on Reflection. We have been told that we can order formula.. any ideas if they will order specific brands as we use aptamil? Want to be confident they will have it etc

Also what are the cots like?

I have seen reference to them having baby food. Is this actual branded pouches /jars or do they just blend general food?

Thanks in advance

This is the first I have heard of Celebrity being able to provide baby food and formula.

If it were me, no matter what they say they can / will provide - I would make sure I brought everything I absolutely needed (including formula) myself. I have seen too many miscommunications between on shore and on ship personnel to trust that anything would be available.

Yes, I understand that might be a pain, but it is the only way to ensure you have what you need. We took our 6 month old to Brazil for two weeks and brought all our supplies with us.

Hi Wigglywarrior,

I've attached the baby food order form that I was given by our travel agent. You can also request food items to be pureed.

We will be cruising with our little one (9months at time of cruise) and his older brother (2yo) in May to Bermuda.

Let me know if it's too small as the actual file was too large for CC and I can email it to you.

407209416_BabyFood.JPG.f467384ef04d8e3bf27572a8778a4e72.JPG

Do not, I repeat, do not rely on Celebrity providing baby items. Bring everything yourself. We ordered formula and diapers when I cruised with my goddaughter, and despite follow up calls to make sure everything would be there, when we arrived there was nothing. Went to guest services to ask and they claimed they had nothing. And from what I've heard, we're not the only ones this happened to.

Do not, I repeat, do not rely on Celebrity providing baby items. Bring everything yourself. We ordered formula and diapers when I cruised with my goddaughter, and despite follow up calls to make sure everything would be there, when we arrived there was nothing. Went to guest services to ask and they claimed they had nothing. And from what I've heard, we're not the only ones this happened to.

As I stated above, I completely agree with this!

I agree, don't risk it, bring your own. I travel with a service dog, and it's typical for cruise lines' onboard staff to either not be ready for the dog's relief area when we board, not have anyone around who knows anything whatsoever about it, or to provide something far, far different than company policy states, despite all my pre-arranging and following up. I can roll with the punches with my dog, we're used to that, but feeding an infant isn't something I'd entrust to them.

Hi Wigglywarrior,

I've attached the baby food order form that I was given by our travel agent. You can also request food items to be pureed.

We will be cruising with our little one (9months at time of cruise) and his older brother (2yo) in May to Bermuda.

Let me know if it's too small as the actual file was too large for CC and I can email it to you.

It's a little to pixelated to read. Thanks for taking the time. Can I trouble you to email it me.. richardyatesuk@hotmail.com

It's a little to pixelated to read. Thanks for taking the time. Can I trouble you to email it me.. richardyatesuk@hotmail.com

I find it sad that you are ignoring everyone's advice and only focusing on what you wish to hear. Especially when it comes to a baby. I wish you all the luck in the world and pray you don't come back to CC after your cruise and tell us that you had no baby food/formula, etc., provided by the cruise line.

I find it sad that you are ignoring everyone's advice and only focusing on what you wish to hear. Especially when it comes to a baby. I wish you all the luck in the world and pray you don't come back to CC after your cruise and tell us that you had no baby food/formula, etc., provided by the cruise line.

I see we have a keyboard warrior. I have not commented on any other posts so I find it sad you have also assumed I have ignored everyone's advice. I have merely asked to see the order form! I also wish you all the luck in the world as it must be very difficult going through life making assumptions on other people choices with no evidence.

To everyone else, thank you for taking the time to reply. We are going to be taking our own formula, to be honest I think we were always going to. It's just we have never heard of this service being offered before so curiosity did get the better of us and thought I would ask what they actually offered👍🏻

Just ignore the snarky comments and enjoy the cruise with your baby!

I see we have a keyboard warrior. I have not commented on any other posts so I find it sad you have also assumed I have ignored everyone's advice. I have merely asked to see the order form! I also wish you all the luck in the world as it must be very difficult going through life making assumptions on other people choices with no evidence.

To everyone else, thank you for taking the time to reply. We are going to be taking our own formula, to be honest I think we were always going to. It's just we have never heard of this service being offered before so curiosity did get the better of us and thought I would ask what they actually offered👍🏻

There is an very old axiom about cruising with a baby. Bring everything (including formula, baby medicine (if necessary), etc) with you when you board the cruise. If you depend on the cruise ship providing some of your babies needs,, you do so at your own risk. On the other hand, many cruisers have learned that the best way to cruise with a baby (or young toddler) is to take advantage of Grandparents :). You either bring them along to help with baby care...or leave the toddler at home (with Grandparents).

Hank

I agree with Hank...bring the Grandparents along, strictly from a selfish standpoint. As I'm a Grandmother who was along for our once a year family cruises with my Grandson, I can tell you that you will have plenty of help, free time for yourselves and will never have to worry if the little ones are okay. I had that pleasure for many, many years and I treasure every single cruise. He's now 23, and we will be on the family cruise in June. Although he is now 6' tall and is carrying a young lady with him, it's still wonderful to share dinner with them and see him having a wonderful time. I'm sure you'll handle the baby food issue just fine. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful trip.

• 2 months later...
Hi Wigglywarrior,

T00ters, I wonder if you could email a copy to me also? We are considering taking our 20 month old baby on Reflection next Summer. lucinda_ball@ hotmail.com

Just be sure the grandparents understand they're going to be babysitters!

We would be happy to do that when our grandson is a bit older..maybe 3 yrs old when he can enjoy the cruise and is potty trained,. But we definitely are thinking about bringing a younger relative along to help out as well, as we start to plan ahead.

The key is planning ahead.,.and to know what ports have a CVS or similar drugstore,,.like Bermuda, St Thomas, KW, SanJuan, Civitavecchia