Taking beer on board.

Swivel Guts

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Sorry -- you can not bring any beer onto the ship.

HAL's policy:

Revised Policy effective 2/4/15

Each guest 21 years^ and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne (no larger than 750ml) onboard in carry-on luggage at the beginning of the voyage. This bottle will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles (no larger than 750ml) in carry-on luggage are welcome, but will incur a US$18.00 (subject to change) corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Guests are not allowed to bring beer, boxed wine, or other liquors and spirits onboard. Holland America Line reserves the right to remove all alcoholic beverages from any guest luggage that violates this policy. Any alcoholic beverage found will be removed and returned on the last evening of the voyage. Guests will not receive any monetary compensation for alcoholic beverages that were removed from luggage.

^For voyages that depart from and return to Australia and/or New Zealand, this policy applies to guests 18 years and older.

Wine and champagne bottles (no larger than 750ml) purchased in ports of call are welcome to be brought onboard subject to a US$18.00 (subject to change) corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Alternatively guests can choose to have these bottles stored and returned on the last evening of the voyage at no charge. All other alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of calls as well as all alcoholic beverages purchased from onboard shops will be stored and returned on the last evening of the voyage at no charge.

In-Room Dining offers reduced-price stateroom beverage packages for in-stateroom consumption of alcoholic beverages (a 15% Service Charge on all beverage items and packages with beverages will be added).

No doubt this has already been discussed, but on the strength of not yet checking all the posts, what is the policy on taking your own beer aboard? :eek:

Almost all the cruise lines have same policy on beer, each has different rules for the wine, but I have not heard of any that allow beer

Hi Swivel Guts - curious about why you want to bring beer on board??

Same reason people want to bring on wine, soda, water etc. To drink it. ;)

I know, beer is not allowed to be brought on board and I don't. But I sure wish they had better beer selections on HAL.

Because it's much CHEAPER than buying beer onboard! You can buy a 6-pack (almost) for what 1 beer costs on the ship!!!

Everything is cheaper than onboard! So is staying home. ;)

What kind of beer can you buy for about $6 a six-pack? :eek:

Edited by Boytjie

Maybe not 6.00 a six pack but certainly 7-8.00. I totally get it. We would bring beer on board for the same reason we would bring wine on board. Because It's cheaper. I am in a Neptune Suite and don't mind spending $$$ on vacation but I don't like to spend $$$ for something that really only costs $. I do spend the $$$ but if I could not do it, I would.

Maybe not 6.00 a six pack but certainly 7-8.00. I totally get it. We would bring beer on board for the same reason we would bring wine on board. Because It's cheaper. I am in a Neptune Suite and don't mind spending $$$ on vacation but I don't like to spend $$$ for something that really only costs $. I do spend the $$$ but if I could not do it, I would.

OK, so what could you buy for $7-8.00 a six-pack? You can't get anything decent for that price in NYC.

Really!

Enjoy your cruise!

No beer can be brought on board!

You can purchase beer on board 5 for $28.00!

Is that the bucket of beer and is it available every day ?

Can you order it for your stateroom

cheers