Taking beer on board.

Swivel Guts

Is that the bucket of beer and is it available every day ?

Can you order it for your stateroom

cheers

GoodMorning!

No Guinness, but secret we learned, at happy hour at Ocean Bar we bought a bucket of beer for 1/2 off!! No joke! Our bar steward told us that, and a lot of people had buckets in the Ocean Bar!

So we would go at happy Hour on occasion to get the special price. Now we would get lite coronas. And we would take them back to our suite and go to the lido and make up Nachos and bring them back to our room!

Hope this helps

Denise

Swivel Guts, my favorite wine is 12.00 at Costco! Even the 6.00 bottle takes the edge off..just like the 50-60-100 dollar bottle.

You're being ripped off mate, $15 for 6 bottles of wine at Dan Murphy's in Oz. :cool:

GoodMorning!

No Guinness, but secret we learned, at happy hour at Ocean Bar we bought a bucket of beer for 1/2 off!! No joke! Our bar steward told us that, and a lot of people had buckets in the Ocean Bar!

So we would go at happy Hour on occasion to get the special price. Now we would get lite coronas. And we would take them back to our suite and go to the lido and make up Nachos and bring them back to our room!

Hope this helps

Denise

Now you're talking, are the Nachos half price too? :rolleyes:

24 pack of kirin iciban at costco in hawaii is less than $20 usd......

six pack of bud light on holland is $28....six pack in singapore 7 / 11 near port was $35 for local brewed tiger beer

it's BEER which is about 95% water...somebody is making a nice profit....

six pack of bud light on holland is $28....six pack in singapore 7 / 11 near port was $35 for local brewed tiger beer

I like Tiger beer, but Bud light is as weak as. In Oz, 30 x 375ml cans of mid strength (3.5%) costs $40. A can in all my spare socks, 3 cans in every sleeve, 6 cans up the legs of my trousers, and no one's the wiser. I'm in heaven. :D

:eek: six pack of bud light on holland is $28...

Costco 32 pack of bud light .70 each

Some friends of mine are heavy beer drinkers. They cannot wait for HAL to run another Signature Beverage Package promotion, as they spend almost as much on beer onboard than they do on the cruise fare.

Edited by DaveOKC

Those beverage packages are sweet! We were just on a Celebrity cruise with the bev. pkg included and we would stop at bars throughout the morning and trick or treat for the afternoon's beer for the balcony. Pop it in your fridge and Bob's your uncle!

Those beverage packages are sweet! We were just on a Celebrity cruise with the bev. pkg included and we would stop at bars throughout the morning and trick or treat for the afternoon's beer for the balcony. Pop it in your fridge and Bob's your uncle!

We learned that last cruise and will certainly do it on our next one - have the steward empty our frig. and then fill it up ourselves with beer and soda from the bar using the SBP. Makes it nice when you want a cold beverage and do not want to go out to the bar.

This cruise we booked a cabin near the Seaview pool area - to have easy access to the bar!

Now you're talking, are the Nachos half price too? :rolleyes:

Nachos are free but you have to build them yourself. They bring out the melted cheese to the Taco Bar at 2:00 PM on the Vista-class ships.

Here is the current HAL Bar menu that has more beers available than the "stateroom delivery" menu that I previously posted:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Bar-Menu.pdf

Of course additional beers from Juneau Brewing Company are available in Alaska.

Edited by Crew News