Search for missing passenger on the Inspiration

candigirl

I just got off this morning and last night there was a frantic search starting about 1:30am for a passenger. They started paging him over the intercom asking him to dial 777 to check in. At 1st the announcements could just be heard in the hallways, but after about an hour, the announcements were actually blasted right into the cabin itself. This went on until about 4:30 am. Ship security was obviously searching the ship. This morning the rumors were flying in all directions, everything from security cameras saw him jumping overboard to he was found passed out in someone else's cabin. In the morning there were police onboard and debarkation was delayed about an hour. Praying this young man is ok, does anyone have an update?

Samething happened on our cruise on the Magic. Week of dec. 3rd to 10th, Started about 3am in the hallway then moved into the cabin, Found out they were passed out in another cabin. People were complaining because it woke them up, but it didn't really bother me or the wife. Sometimes they do what they have to do. Hope everyone was found safe.

Samething happened on our cruise on the Magic. Week of dec. 3rd to 10th, Started about 3am in the hallway then moved into the cabin, Found out they were passed out in another cabin. People were complaining because it woke them up, but it didn't really bother me or the wife. Sometimes they do what they have to do. Hope everyone was found safe.

Man, that would bother me. Wouldn't be mad at the ship crew, they are doing what they need to do. But there's no excuse to get so wasted you can't figure out which room to go back to. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Must be something about the Magic. On our cruise in Sept, we were awakened by announcements into the cabin for a person to please contact Guest Services immediately. There were about three announcements in the wee hours of the morning. The next morning we learned that a gentleman had a falling out with his significant other. He used his good judgment and went and hid under the bed in a friend's cabin. They were preparing to start searching cabin to cabin when he finally let the crew know he was ok.

We had this happen on our first cruise. At the 3:00 am, we were awakened by an announcement looking for a teenage girl. It was spring break and the next day we got a announcement lecture from the captain on keeping up with your children. Apparently she was in a friend's room.

Must be something about the Magic. On our cruise in Sept, we were awakened by announcements into the cabin for a person to please contact Guest Services immediately. There were about three announcements in the wee hours of the morning. The next morning we learned that a gentleman had a falling out with his significant other. He used his good judgment and went and hid under the bed in a friend's cabin. They were preparing to start searching cabin to cabin when he finally let the crew know he was ok.

Nothing stupid like that happened on our Magic cruise. I think it's more something about the combination of idiocy and too much alcohol when stuff like that happens. And I hope you was joking about using his good judgment to hide under the bed in a friend's cabin. Morons like that should be fined.

Nothing stupid like that happened on our Magic cruise. I think it's more something about the combination of idiocy and too much alcohol when stuff like that happens. And I hope you was joking about using his good judgment to hide under the bed in a friend's cabin. Morons like that should be fined.

My post was true, but my comments were tongue-in-cheek. We loved the Magic. Although, for him, that probably was his good judgment :)

I hope the missing person is found alive.

Two summers ago on the Dream, we had a similar thing happen. The "so-and-so contact guest services" announcement was piped in our cabin like every 20 min all night long. Turns out it was a minor who was drinking and hiding out in someone else's cabin. The mom and the minor child were kicked off the ship the next day when we arrived in Jamaica.

I have to assume that had our Inspiration passenger met the same fate as the Elation's passenger, it would have been in the news also. Our passenger must have been passed out somewhere where he didn't belong. Always a very sad event, my prayers for the family and friends of the missing Elation passenger.

I was on the same cruise and was also wondering if they found the missing passenger. I read the article today regarding the misfortune of the Elation passenger.

By chance did you get to watch the coast guard transfer the ill passenger onto their boat on Sunday? It was kind of interesting.

I was on the serenity deck and did watch for a few minutes, but was too far back to see much. I hope and pray that man makes a full recovery. A bit too much drama on the high seas if you ask me...especially for a 3 night cruise. On my December Princess cruise, the ship was plagued with the norovirus and I fell victim. I think I'll stay on land for awhile.

Sadly the story you are referring to was from the Elation- 24 year old went overboard :(

Wouldn't have been the Elation because they didn't start searching for thar passenger till 8:30am when his wife reported him missing. She last saw him at 2:30am. When they checked surveillance video, he went overboard at 2:45am from Deck 11.

Hopefully the Inspiration passenger was found safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh, you are right. I am mistaken. I didn't notice the different ship names. This makes me wonder how often something like this happens.

Unfortunately it seems to happen a lot on Carnival ships. The story I read said that his wife last saw him at 2:30, and security cameras caught him falling off the ship 15 minutes later. Wife didn't report him missing until several hours later. Time is of the essence when a passenger falls off of a ship. At least 4 to 6 house passed before security was alerted. I will hope for the best, but I don't think he has a good chance of survival at this point.

I hope the missing person is found alive.

Two summers ago on the Dream, we had a similar thing happen. The "so-and-so contact guest services" announcement was piped in our cabin like every 20 min all night long. Turns out it was a minor who was drinking and hiding out in someone else's cabin. The mom and the minor child were kicked off the ship the next day when we arrived in Jamaica.

I was on that cruise and yep they were kicked off..