Have you cruised the same ship more than once?

DMH15

I was just reading BeadBabe's review of The Pearl and started off by saying it was her second trip on her.

I have cruised 8 times, all different ships... So far. I have not only booked the Sun again in 2013, I have the same aft suite.

I was wondering how many of you do repeats, or same ship with different itineraries? Is it because you have a favorite, or for convenience? Or some other reason?

I have looked forward to all my cruises. But since I know what I am missing I am looking forward to it more than ever, and in a different and special way.

Cruised on Carnival Miracle twice, a few years apart - two different itineraries.

Main reasons:

1. Miracle sails from NYC - 45 minute train ride for us.

2. The wraparound aft balcony - how many others have it and as affordable as Carnival?

Howard

I was just reading BeadBabe's review of The Pearl and started off by saying it was her second trip on her.

I have cruised 8 times, all different ships... So far. I have not only booked the Sun again in 2013, I have the same aft suite.

I was wondering how many of you do repeats, or same ship with different itineraries? Is it because you have a favorite, or for convenience? Or some other reason?

I have looked forward to all my cruises. But since I know what I am missing I am looking forward to it more than ever, and in a different and special way.

We've cruised on the GEM about 8 times and the JEWEL 4 times, with a few more booked on them in the future....basically because they were in NY and my other half doesn't like flying.

When you cruise on the ship more than once it starts to feel like home, you don't have to look at the maps and you learn your way around. Some of the crew remembers you, and you tend to get to know them better.

The only downside would be that some of the entertainment is repeated, if that matters.

We've cruised several ships multiple times. Never because we loved the ship that much -- Just the itineraries changed to whatever we were looking for at the time.

Carnival Inspiration -- first cruise, third and fourth, all Southern Caribbean to different ports.

Celebrity Mercury, twice. Different itineraries.

Celebrity Millineum, twice. Different itineraries.

NCL Sun, twice. Different itineraries again (South America and Baltic).

Crown Princess, twice. Different itineraries.

Caribbean Princess, twice, Different itineriares.

Have looked at doing the NCL Sky again just because it is a fun ship and it DOESN'T change itineraries.

Normally we like to try a variety, but I have cruised the Sun 3 times (hubby will do it the first time in Feb) and we have done the Spirit twice. years ago we diid the now defunct Commodore, Caribe.

Nita

We sailed the Dawn, this past April, on a 9-day Caribbean itinerary. This was a first aft suite (10728) and we loved it (the cabin & the itinerary). We booked a return trip for next March/April as soon as we got back in the same cabin. This time we'll be cruising 10 days.

We then have the Dawn in July 2012 to Bermuda, but this is a family vacation that was organized by my son and his wife.

We do like when a ship feels like home from multiple sailings, but we don't mind checking out new ships too. The POA and Sun are on our radar in the coming years.

One thing that will be constant is NCL - we love freestyle!

I've sailed a different ship each time and even tried different cruise lines. But the last 2 years I repeated a very similar Princess vacation (once Eastern, once Western Caribbean) on ships that were practically identical in almost the same cabin. At the time of booking I just couldn't resist the cheaper deal. I think the cruise lines make it worth your while to stay loyal.

I am about to board The Pearl for my 11th cruise since the middle of April 2009 on Her. I have also done The Spirit, The Gem and The Jewel. I have done a number the Pearl's itineraries more than once. On this cruise I am reversing the first cruise I did on Her, this time I am going from LA to Miami via the Panama Canal. I love The Pearl and Her Staff. The Pearl is a wonderful ship and She has an outstanding staff. I can hardly wait until the 30th of this month to go "home" again to The Pearl. Mandy

The 9/24 Pacific Coastal will be our third cruise on the Star. First was regular 7 day Mexican Riviera, then we did the 8 day Mexican Riviera before they discontinued it.

Little did we know NCL would pull out of Mexican Riviera entirely along with many of the other lines. For west coasters this was an inexpensive cruise option.

Have also cruised on the Pearl 3 times. Once to Alaska from Seattle, one a two night to nowhere from Seattle and lastly caribbean cruise out of Miami with my mother. Found a great deal on that cruise, she had been on the Pearl twice before and I thought the Epic would be too much for her (I loved it).

Would also repeat cruises on the Sun, Spirit and Epic depending on itinerary and pricing. We're open to any of the NCL ships and waiting impatiently for news on where the new ships will sail.

We have sailed on the Star twice. Not particularly because we just LOVED the ship, but because of the itinerary and departure ports. I will say however, that it was nice already knowing what the ship was all about, and that we didn't have to worry about all of the negative reviews that we saw before sailing... It was also very nice to already know the layout of the ship, I felt like an "insider" when I got on her and knew exactly where everything was already, it was nice.

I would sail all of the ships that I have been on again and again (minus the Carnival Paradise-but thats another story). I wouldn't mind sailing multiple cruises on the same ship.

Our first, second and upcoming 5th cruise will be on the NCL Pearl. Although we love that ship, the reason we are repeating is because of different destinations and that we like to sail out of Miami in the winter, the ocean is just too cool to enjoy during our precruise time from further north at that time of the year. I am glad to hear that there will be some changes to the entertainment this time, as well as the menu. She is our favorite of the 3 NCL ships we have been on so far.

Hi all hi Margaret muah. I have sailed the Gem 4'xs Norway 4xs and other cruise line numerous times I love returning to the same ship but also like new ones and have sailed over to Europe and out of NY so I just love being on a ship. But like Margaret I love the homey feel of being back on a ship I know alot of the same crew and all

Yes, many times as not enough ships are out there for me...hahahaha. :D Seriously, I have been on a few ships more than once and never ever had the same experience twice. Each sailing on the same ship can be totally different. Time of year, itinerary, type of passenger onboard, crew rotation, port of embarkation/debarkation, ports of call, price, are all factors that can vary the experience when sailing the same ship. Regarding Norwegian, I think each ship has her own personality. Looking forward to the first time on the Star to see what she is all about!

coka

NCL: 22 Carnival: 3 Rccl: - 1 Celebrity - 6

Dawn x's 9 Ecsasty x's 1 Vision of the Seas x's 1 Zenith x's 4

Gem x's 2 Facination x's 1 Galaxy x's 1

Spirit x's 2 Triumph x's 1 Horizon x's 1

Majesty x's 3

Crown x's 1

Sea x's 3

Jewel x's 1

Dreamward x's 1

Dolphin:

Island Breeze x's 1 ( was Carnival's Festival)

AND COUNTING

We have cruised on the Sun twice and this November we'll have our second voyage on the Jade. The Jade became our favorite NCL ship last year when we sailed her. We also love the Mediterranean, so the Jade is a good choice for us. Although Epic sails Europe as well, we don't really have any desire to sail on the Epic. We also very much enjoyed the Pearl and can easily envision sailing on her again.

We've cruised the Pearl to Alaska twice; loved it so much, were our second and third to Alaska!

We are going on our second cruise on the Star next time.

I would love to go on the Sun again, too; love the ships with the Observations Lounge, or Spinnaker still in the front of the ship.

Archived