Luggage: How much is TOO much?

mickeychicky

I guess that would depend on whether you are flying to your port, or driving. If you're flying, then obviously you would be limited by that. If you are driving, you would be limited to how much you can cram into your car/truck/semi:D. You could probably be OK with 4 or 5 steamer trunks for a 7-day cruise.;)

I think you would be fine with what you have.:)

Edited by Treven

I'm just wondering how much luggage is too much for a 7 day cruise? I have 1 really large one and 2 smaller ones..... I think I am over packing. I am not a traveler by any means so YES, I do have mix and match luggage :D

[ATTACH]357610[/ATTACH]

How many people is this for???

Our main rule when travelling: only bring what luggage you can easily handle yourself. As we often use public transport when travelling, this becomes very important.

To put it in perspective, we travelled through Europe for 3 weeks last year, and my bag probably contained the same amount as the smallest suitcase in your photo.

As for mismatched luggage: at least they're colour-coordinated... :D

I guess that would depend on whether you are flying to your port, or driving. If you're flying, then obviously you would be limited by that. If you are driving, you would be limited to how much you can cram into your car/truck/semi:D. You could probably be OK with 4 or 5 steamer trunks for a 7-day cruise.;)

I think you would be fine with what you have.:)

Oh yes, we are driving... and totally forgot about how much truck space I have (lol). Guess the back seat will be getting used to haul our load.

I have 1 x 21" carry -on pp for our week long cruise

I usually have 1 x 26" for 14 + day cruise but still trying to pair it down ;)

Lay out all your clothes you think you need then take half away

Mix & match /wash/wear clothes go in the case the rest stay home

How many people is this for???

Our main rule when travelling: only bring what luggage you can easily handle yourself. As we often use public transport when travelling, this becomes very important.

To put it in perspective, we travelled through Europe for 3 weeks last year, and my bag probably contained the same amount as the smallest suitcase in your photo.

As for mismatched luggage: at least they're colour-coordinated... :D

Agree wholeheartedly - DW uses crutches so Dobbin here has to drag the lot - it does concentrate our minds on what is really necessary.

If there are two of you, I suggest taking the black one and the smaller purple one Should be

enough for a one-week trip. Limit the number of shoes -- they take up too much room. If more than one week wash and repeat.

If there are two of you, I suggest taking the black one and the smaller purple one Should be

enough for a one-week trip. Limit the number of shoes -- they take up too much room. If more than one week wash and repeat.

Yes, 2 people, and I am using spacer bags that actually compress the clothes, so 2 is probably all that is going to be needed. I have mix and matched outfits (for example: 1 pair of shorts and 2 shirts for 2 days), and I packed a small travel size laundry detergent for washing.

Maybe I'll take out some of the dinner clothing and just do the buffet, since its casual, or room service. That would cut down on the "dining room" attire. They'll probably kick me out of the dining room anyway since the only dinner attire I own are nice capri's. I have nice tops and shoes for them but they aren't technically "pants"...we'll see. We might be having room service every night. I did go out an buy 2 knee length dresses and high heels so at least 2 nights we can enjoy the dining room.

Yes, 2 people, and I am using spacer bags that actually compress the clothes, so 2 is probably all that is going to be needed. I have mix and matched outfits (for example: 1 pair of shorts and 2 shirts for 2 days), and I packed a small travel size laundry detergent for washing.

Maybe I'll take out some of the dinner clothing and just do the buffet, since its casual, or room service. That would cut down on the "dining room" attire. They'll probably kick me out of the dining room anyway since the only dinner attire I own are nice capri's. I have nice tops and shoes for them but they aren't technically "pants"...we'll see. We might be having room service every night. I did go out an buy 2 knee length dresses and high heels so at least 2 nights we can enjoy the dining room.

The dining room has the best food other than the extra fee specialty restaurants. The buffet is OK on some cruise lines but not so great on others. What line are your cruising on?

Just take a couple of nice dress slacks & a couple of dressy tops for evening

No one cares if you wear them twice ;)

Don't own any "slacks" at all. Got rid of all my work clothes when I started working from home, so no need for dressy clothes any longer. Only Capri's are in my closet (Florida-wear is all I own).

You don't need 2 pairs of heels IMHO and you are fine in a dining room in my experience with pants or capris (or a skirt) and a nice top. Take 2 pairs of day shoes and alternate, and one pair for evening--they take up a lot of room even when they're stuffed with underwear. Add 1 pr for swimming if you're a swimmer. Otherwise, take quick dry tops and wash them when you run out to cut down on the number you need. I took 2 skirts instead of extra pants this last trip and I was cooler and they weighed less than pants. And I haven't worn skirts in years before this! Be sure you have a universal wrap or sweater or arm cover of some sort as it can be cold in the dining room or at night on deck, and you must cover your arms (and knees) in some churches.

There are not always porters everywhere, so I'm with others--take only what you can carry easily.

It's never "too much" luggage unless it is a physical or financial burden for you. Some here pride themselves in being minimalists. Other subscribe to the theory that "it's better to have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it."

Don't own any "slacks" at all. Got rid of all my work clothes when I started working from home, so no need for dressy clothes any longer. Only Capri's are in my closet (Florida-wear is all I own).

A cheap pr & nice top will do if you want to do formal night but there is always the buffet;)