Poll: Keep Adult Only Pool Areas Yes or No?

Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?  

1,285 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carnival keep the aft area pools on Conquest Class ships adult only?

• Yes I want them to be for adults only
    • No I want them to be family friendly
    • Don't care either way

That's good to know. When we were on the Breeze July 2nd kids were still allowed in the aft pool. Maybe it will just take time to roll it back on all the ships.

T

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The aft pool on Breeze has always been family friendly which is the only thing about this ship I didn't like. Love kids, but like adult time too!! Serenity is great but impossible to find a chair unless you camp out at dawn!;p

Pat

I agree with you, Pat. We are going on the Breeze in December because I wanted my adult kids to be able to enjoy the ropes course. Lack of an adult pool on Breeze almost made me book Freedom instead. Then, the talk started about Freedom's aft pool being family friendly, so I figured what difference does it make now. Well, of course, now it's back to aft adult I hear. I just really wish Breeze's aft pool could be adult as well. Anyway, I think the kids will enjoy the ropes course and the slides are different on Breeze as well.

I agree with the person who said there should be age brackets. Traveling with my 12 year old, it would be nice to be able to go into the adult only area. At that age they aren't unruly, screaming, splashing in the hot tubs etc...

I agree with the person who said there should be age brackets. Traveling with my 12 year old, it would be nice to be able to go into the adult only area. At that age they aren't unruly, screaming, splashing in the hot tubs etc...

Well, many would not be unruly, but some 12-yr olds certainly could be.

Carnival HAS established a precedent for using age 12 as a cutoff -- in the Havana area on Vista -- so who knows? Maybe they could change their policy to allow "Mature-acting children ages 12 and up." :)

Well, many would not be unruly, but some 12-yr olds certainly could be.

Carnival HAS established a precedent for using age 12 as a cutoff -- in the Havana area on Vista -- so who knows? Maybe they could change their policy to allow "Mature-acting children ages 12 and up." :)

College students & young adults 21+ can also get unruly. Perhaps it should be mature and acting persons 12 and up. LOL [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

College students & young adults 21+ can also get unruly. Perhaps it should be mature and acting persons 12 and up. LOL [emoji23]

There you go! One reason I don't want to do those short cruises, I hear there are too many drunk obnoxious people. Peoples opinion of "mature" and "well behaved" may be different though [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The beards and bean counters at Carnival have decided that families and newbies (blue cards) are where their marketing efforts are going to be. If you wish for an adults only pool on their new builds (Vista & Horizon) you need to pay extra to stay in the Havana area. Which we will gladly do next September out of NYC and the following February out of Miami.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Hopefully they keep the Havana area on all their new ships, I will GLADLY pay the up charge for an area like this

Hopefully they keep the Havana area on all their new ships, I will GLADLY pay the up charge for an area like this

It looks like it will probably be an area on their new builds since they slightly increased the number of Havana cabins comparing the numbers currently available on the Vista versus future availability on the Horizon, obviously to generate additional dollars.

Whether it will be in the same area of the ship on the next generation LNG class is of course pure speculation at this point.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...
I voted yes, but whatever results you get from this will be greatly skewed based on the CC posters, which I imagine the majority would vote yes. In all reality, CCL will keep doing whatever it feels it needs to do family/kid friendly wise to gain market share.

From the overwhelming response they received maybe partially from here, but also from the many emails, FB posts, and phone calls, their policy of making the Aft pools family friendly all the time has been reversed.

From the overwhelming response they received maybe partially from here, but also from the many emails, FB posts, and phone calls, their policy of making the Aft pools family friendly all the time has been reversed.

Is that posted somewhere/all ships?

It seems that most people want to have an adults only pool, even those who have kids with them on the cruise.

It seems that most people want to have an adults only pool, even those who have kids with them on the cruise.

That's what I gather as well. Even when my boys were little, we did spend time with them at the midship pool, but it was nice to get away for a little bit to the aft one when they were in Camp Carnival.

I'm happy with the serenity deck. The Spirit Class the aft pool is the serenity deck. Does this mean kids are welcome on the serenity deck? A little confusing.

The Spirit class ships have Serenity area with a small pool. Those ships were not affected by Carnival's decision. The aft pool, because it's part of serenity, always was adults only.

LOOOOVEED it when the aft pool was adults only. Regardless hanging around the aft pool is my fave spot. The only time I've ever found it crowded with kids is when the main pool was closed temporarily. Otherwise it's generally been mostly adults in my experience.

I to like adult only area that is why i booked my Havana Cabana for both the BTB and TA on the Horizon

We have a Havana cabin on deck 7 very close to the stairs for quick trips to the pool and bar. Can't wait for the TA. We aren't flying over. Doing a TA on NCL Star to get to Barcelona

Sent from my iPhone using Forums