What is your favorite thing about Regatta?

sa cruiser52

We will be cruising on Oceania for the first time on the Regatta in April 2015. What is your favorite thing about the ship, food, etc? Tell me about the afternoon tea and any thing that we must not miss. Thanks for all the help and good ideas in advance.

My favorite space on all of the "R" ships is the Library. It is so special ...

(Not so special when that one lady arrived, took her comfortable seat, and started snoring ... but that was only on one cruise!)

I just love the "R" ships completely. Now if they could find a way to add the extra restaurants (no, I don't think they can) then I'd be beyond heaven.

Mura

It's hard for me to narrow it down to just one thing.

I love the size of the ships, the lack of formal nights, the excellent food, that the specialty restaurants have no additional charge, that I can bring local wine on board, the port intensive itineraries, that Tourist Office reps get on at every port, the wonderful staff.

I love the size of the ships, the lack of formal nights, the excellent food, that the specialty restaurants have no additional charge, that I can bring local wine on board, the port intensive itineraries, that Tourist Office reps get on at every port, the wonderful staff.

That about says it all. +1

THE LIBRARY! The afternoon tea is special and the no charge dining is a nice feature, I like the very traditional decor of the smaller ships. I also like the continental breakfast in the upper lounge, I just wish they had oceanview and balcony accessible cabins, We will also be back on her in April.

I thought it was only during the day & revert to the bar after 6pm :confused:

Yes but the redecorations lost the previous feel. Also they do not have a full bar. They have to run over to Martinis for anything special.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

-Quick and easy to get on/off with port intensive cruises.

-Intimate, casual feeling of the ship.

-The cozy Library.. minus the sleepers and snorers which it seems to attract!

-The size of ship allows it to dock at places the larger ships can't.

-Great size of ship for the novice cruiser, not too overwhelming..

How much wine can be brought on board? We'll be cruising to Argentina in February and I'm sure we'll be buying wine!

If you read the rules there appears to be a limit.

But in actual fact, there isn't. The ship reserves the right to toss you and your liquor, but that's really only if you abuse the privilege.

While we've never brought on more than 2-3 bottles of wine and one of vodka or bourbon, others have posted about bringing on cases of wine or beer with no problem.

So you shouldn't have a problem. This isn't like NCL -- yet -- which sends "perps" to the bad place where they confiscate your booze until the end of the cruise. (And hopefully they will let O's passengers be with the existing policy continuing once they take over.)

Mura

Some of the comments have been about things many of us like about Oceania generally -- country club casual, no charge for specialty restaurants, afternoon tea. Don't get me wrong, those are all really great things about Oceania. I would have to give another vote to the library, which the R ships seem to do better than the O class ships. And even though the O class ships are reasonably small by most cruise line standards, the extra-small size of the R ships really does make them even more intimate and friendly. The R ships can also get into places that larger ships cannot, and in some ports that does make a difference.

We will be on REGATTA in a month, and though I will miss Red Ginger, but know I will really enjoy being aboard again.

We have had the pleasure of sailing with Vladmir C on two voyages, once when he was manager at Polo and then again when he was overall restaurant manager for the Regatta. He is great and I wish we would have him as our TA on Rivieria next week but I think he is trying to stay on the smaller ships. That is if he still works for Oceania.

• 2 weeks later...

As all others have stated many of the best things, just want to add my thoughts--I love everything about Regatta and O in general. For us, being able to chat with other passengers and knowing we will likely see them again; friendliness of both passengers and crew; casual but not cheesy!

• 3 months later...