MTD seating question

We want to know if you reserve a specific time for the entire cruise, do you get seated at the same table every night or do you get which ever table is open? Last cruise we would just show up for dinner at no specific time and after the 2nd night we found the greatest wait staff and requested to be in their area each night for the rest of the cruise. So what we are trying to do is lock in a specific time but try a few different wait staff teams till we find a team we like and then request their table area for the duration. Is this possible?? Thanks in advance!

If you have reservations for a set time, you just show up and take whatever table you are given. You probably will have a different set each night. When you find a wait staff team you like, then you ask for them when you arrive.

You may have to wait longer if they have no tables available.

Personally, I have found most teams are good enough to satisfy my simple needs.

You can request the same team when you return the next night.

I guess that you could also request a DIFFERENT team. I think that you should strongly explain that YOU like to try different wait teams, NOT that they were bad. Unless they were. ;) Otherwise, their employment could be adversely affected.

On our first night we requested the same waitstaff after dinner. The maître d can make ongoing reservations for you. We like to see how the waitstaff is on the first night then go from there. But you don't need to make reservations if you don't want to.

If you have reservations for a set time, you just show up and take whatever table you are given. You probably will have a different set each night. When you find a wait staff team you like, then you ask for them when you arrive.

You may have to wait longer if they have no tables available.

Personally, I have found most teams are good enough to satisfy my simple needs.

Not necessarily true...as others have said if you like your waitstaff and location the first night you can request it for every night and your request will most likely be granted( in our experience). We have even picked out a particular table that we like and it was given to us every evening. We did come at the same time(within 15 or so every night), however. Just ask politely for what you would like and they will make every effort to accomodate you. Enjoy!!:)