Beaches on st Maarten

Was wondering what beaches are the best to visit and if kids are going, which beaches if any are nude or seminude? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Orient Beach is one of the nicest beaches but it is clothing optional. Most people in our experience do wear bathing suits but there are some who don't.

I would also vote Orient.

There is a nudest resort on one end of the beach. If you sit on the other end (the beach is about a mile long) you will encounter less or no nudity. I was there twice last year, and saw no full nude bathers outside of the nudest resort. In the 7+ hours each time we were there there was less than 10 topless women walking the beach, and none on the other side of the beach.

Maho is fun if you like the idea of watching the planes fly over, but as a beach, it's not that great. Orient is my favorite but as others have said, the right end past Pedro's is Club Orient, the nudist beach. You may see some topless women on the left end but you will not see full nudity. And keep in mind, on many beaches in the Caribbean, you may see women sunbathing topless.

Dawn Beach is also nice.

Sherri:)

Maho is fun if you like the idea of watching the planes fly over, but as a beach, it's not that great.

Sherri:)

We found the water warm and the beach nice enough, and speaking of overhead, if you're there on a Sunday -

overhead.jpg

We found the water warm and the beach nice enough, and speaking of overhead, if you're there on a Sunday -

overhead.jpg

Nice picture! We've been there 4 or 5 times as my sons seem to like this but for a relaxing beach day, it's not my first choice. Small beach that gets very crowded when the big planes start coming in. There is a nice bar!:D

Sherri

Maho is good for plane watching. I'd go somewhere else for a beach day.

When the planes come in, sand blasts everyone, towels and possession go flying into the water, people are scattering everywhere. Not relaxing.

This is what I wrote in my review of Orient Beach from 10/10/10 Serenade Cruise Review:

We spent 2 hours at Orient Beach! Orient Beach was a nice beach with nice white sand and beautiful clear water. Were were let out in the parking lot right near the entrance to Club Orient which is the nude beach. There is a bar and grill there also. We rented two loungers and umbrellas for $18.00 which includes all day bathroom pass and us and the people that were on our tour sat in a row of 8 chairs by the entrance to Club Orient.. Now about the infamous nude section of Orient Beach. The side we were sitting was the clothing optional side. Note: There is no privacy fencing separating the 2 sides. As we sat on the beach we saw occasional nude people that would walk right by us over to the clothing optional side and some would even get nude in the parking lot before walking over to the beach. Beside that you would see an occasional topless female walking by. If you have kids or if you do not want to see the nude folks, then you would need to go further down the other end of the beach. When I walked down to that end, I saw one topless female. I rented a Jet Ski which was $40 for 30 minutes. You go out without a guide (I fell off the Jet Ski twice in CocoCay on a previous cruise with a guide and was hoping this didn’t happen while out by myself) and they just let you know the areas not to go into. We did not have to buy drinks at the bar since they were provided by John, unless you wanted something different.

Here is the sign to the entrance to Club Orient. Stay far away from this sign and you should be alright:

372.jpg

Edited by bigque

Was wondering what beaches are the best to visit and if kids are going, which beaches if any are nude or seminude? Thanks

If the kids are little, then Le Galion would be the beach of choice, very calm and it's where the locals take their children. As much as I love Maho and go there every time, the water can be a little rough at times for the little ones. There is always at least a 2' foot drop once you getting into the water at Maho. Please don't sit anywhere in the path of planes taking off as the sea will claim your belongings from the sandblasting of jet take offs.

Mullet Bay is beautiful and also good for the little ones. The only thing I don't like about Mullet is their port a potty.

IMO, Orient is one of the better beaches. When taking a taxi over to Orient, just ask the driver to take you away from the nudist area on the beach. You still may see a few going topless all along Orient.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

With kids, go to Maho Beach, the planes land right over your heads!

The kids will love it!:D

Bars at both ends of the beach offer drinks, soda, food, and shade!:D

I like Orient beach, better for going in the water and choice of food

Maho beach is great for the planes, but the beach has a steep drop off into the water. The current can be a little strong for the younger kids.

Also if the tide is in, the water gets up really high on the beach and can get all the belongings wet.

About 2 years ago my buddy and I was in the ocean at Maho, enjoying the planes landing, when 2 mid to late 20yo women decided to go topless.

Im not sure if his sons ever noticed, but we did:D

BTW that was the day JWOW from the Jesery shore. I didn't know who she was but the kids did

Edited by jonbgd

I like Orient beach, better for going in the water and choice of food

Maho beach is great for the planes, but the beach has a steep drop off into the water. The current can be a little strong for the younger kids.

Also if the tide is in, the water gets up really high on the beach and can get all the belongings wet.

About 2 years ago my buddy and I was in the ocean at Maho, enjoying the planes landing, when 2 mid to late 20yo women decided to go topless.

Im not sure if his sons ever noticed, but we did:D

BTW that was the day JWOW from the Jesery shore. I didn't know who she was but the kids did

We were at Maho beach a couple years ago. Enjoying a drink at the bar when I noticed a sign stating women who go topless get a bargain rate on their drinks. I tried to get my wife to whip off her top but no luck. Then I looked across the bar and there was a huge lady, topless, just kinda letting things flop on the bar. Then I noticed her friend, also huge , also topless. Horrible sight. Still couldn't talk my wife into going for the cheap drinks

For young children, Le Galion is ideal - no low flying jets like at Maho (which is a very narrow beach with fairly steep drop off), or nudists like at Orient.

If by semi-nude you mean topless then stay away from LeGalion and all of the beaches on the French side of the island as topless sunbathing/swimming is allowed on the French side of the island.

My suggestions for you given your request for no nudity at all would be Little Bay Beach or Mullet Bay Beach. Since Little Bay has 2 resorts on it I would think that this is the beach of the 2 least likely to have a topless beach goer.

It seems the ones that go topless or nude have the bodies that no one truly want to see at all.

Most seem to be the over 50 crowd that don't give a care what people say. I have never gone nude as its not my thing but for those that do where it is permitted I say more power to you.

Most seem to be the over 50 crowd that don't give a care what people say. I have never gone nude as its not my thing but for those that do where it is permitted I say more power to you.

You're right. The unfortunate thing is the fact that, as a rule, the further people (male and female) are past their 20th birthdays, the better they look with clothing --- simply a matter of esthetics.

You're right. The unfortunate thing is the fact that, as a rule, the further people (male and female) are past their 20th birthdays, the better they look with clothing --- simply a matter of esthetics.

That is life and the farther people are from their 20's the less they care about esthetics and the less they worry about what others think. That last part, the part about not worrying about what others think is the best part about getting older. :)

Seriously though full naked is very easy to avoid. Don't go to Orient before 10 a.m., don't go to the c/o section of Orient at anytime, avoid Cupocoy Beach and Cliffs and Happy Bay as well. It's really not that difficult to avoid if you want to.