Can We Get Photographers to Not Keep Asking us For Pictures

rallydave

Did a search and found that unfortunately Azamara has photographers on board taking and selling pictures. Could not find an answer to the following:

If we ask the photographers to not ask us ever to have our pictures taken, will they abide by that request or continue to pester us to take our pictures??

I ask because on a different line on a very long cruise we continually had to decline the photographers and several times we reinforced the request and their only answer was "no we won't stop asking, it is our job".

Extremely annoying and neve going on that line again for this and other reasons. Understand it is their job but, also it is their job to listen to the customer and follow requests of the customer.

Thanks in advance,

Yes there are photographers on board, but they don't pester you and are very personable like all the staff on board. If you don't want your picture taken I would suggest just let the photographer know and I'm sure he'll comply.

Did a search and found that unfortunately Azamara has photographers on board taking and selling pictures. Could not find an answer to the following:

If we ask the photographers to not ask us ever to have our pictures taken, will they abide by that request or continue to pester us to take our pictures??

I ask because on a different line on a very long cruise we continually had to decline the photographers and several times we reinforced the request and their only answer was "no we won't stop asking, it is our job".

Extremely annoying and neve going on that line again for this and other reasons. Understand it is their job but, also it is their job to listen to the customer and follow requests of the customer.

Thanks in advance,

Hi Dave,

I hope this doesnt seem rude, as it's surely not meant to be... but I cannot see how one can expect the photographers to remember not to ask you for photos for the duration of your cruise.

I've never experienced any pushiness with Azamara's onboard photographers. They've always been very polite, and a simple "No thank you" always gets the job done.

FWIW, I always used to say "No thank you", then started allowing the photographers to take the photo. I figured why not, I'm not obligated to make the purchase ! You know what ? They took some absolutely beautiful photos - far better than what my family members or myself could have taken... and I've purchased some of them. I'm certain they will add to our wonderful cruise memories !

I hope this helps, and I wish you a wonderful cruise !

Hi Dave,

I hope this doesnt seem rude, as it's surely not meant to be... but I cannot see how one can expect the photographers to remember not to ask you for photos for the duration of your cruise.

I've never experienced any pushiness with Azamara's onboard photographers. They've always been very polite, and a simple "No thank you" always gets the job done.

FWIW, I always used to say "No thank you", then started allowing the photographers to take the photo. I figured why not, I'm not obligated to make the purchase ! You know what ? They took some absolutely beautiful photos - far better than what my family members or myself could have taken... and I've purchased some of them. I'm certain they will add to our wonderful cruise memories !

Thanks for the reply Host Andy,

Not rude at all. Pretty accurate for a relatively short cruise. The cruise where we had the issues we were on board for almost 4 months and the photographers did know us and our wishes and would not accept them. The one who said it was her job also said she would not stop asking us and acknowledged that we didn't want photos taken.

Am sure on Azamara they will not be as brusque and unyielding and in fact, while we would appreciate them remembering us, in our 15 nite cruise that is unlikely and we will politely say no thank you and move on.

Thanks for the advice and please continue keeping us on our toes and thinking. And, don't worry, have never seen a rude comment from you.

Thanks,

They do get to know you quickly. We have never been pestered by the photographers after telling them nicely once "no thank you".

that was also our experience, with the exception that we I wouldn't call it pestering even before we told them no.

There are usually only two photographers onboard and we always politely explain that we don't want photographs taken and being a small ship they tend to remember your preference and they definitely don't pester anyway. We have found most of the photographers fit into the Azamara ethos and even though they appreciate your preference are still happy to have conversations with you.

On Journey recently one of the photographers, who's name unfortunately escapes me, was a delightful young man from Columbia and we had many conversations on South America and it's different cultures.

Hi Dave,

For me I would welcome having my photo taken - as you say Andy, you are under no obligation to purchase them. I don't know if the procedure would be the same as my previous cruises a few years ago but somewhere in the main part of the ship they put the photos up on boards with the day and event they were taken and you look at them at your leisure and if you want to purchase you take it to the desk and buy it. Is this how it works.

As you say, it is so nice to have some treasured memories.

You could do what my uncle does when he cruises - when the photographers approach and ask if they can take a photo of the couple, he says "oh no, I'm not with my wife!" :eek:

Then my aunt, his one and only of nearly 60 years, reaches over and whacks him with her purse! :D

I am sorry, but the intrusion and upsale of photos is one of the things that makes me crazy about cruise ships. But I have to admit, the intrusion is not so bad on AZ. Still...in my perfect world, those photographers would all leave the dining room and just station themselves in some corridor or at some staircase where I could completely avoid them. Just MHO

If we ask the photographers to not ask us ever to have our pictures taken, will they abide by that request or continue to pester us to take our pictures.

Thanks in advance,

Unless you wear a hat that says "Do not take our pictures" for the entire cruise it's unlikely they will remember you. I dislike having pictures taken by them but I have found it easier to stay still for a second while they snap. If you start a big argument it really has a bad impact on your cruise if you get het up a lot.

I remember one cruise the photo guy came round did our table and everybody sat there for that moment knowing they would never buy except one lady who kept the guy there for ages while she fussed. Eventually she HELD A DINNER PLATE in front of her face to stop him taking a snapshot. He still took the picture and days later it was on display on those racks, apparently it was a best seller.

In conclusion do not stop stop. keep walking or sit still for the moment,they will be gone quickest but never buy and you will have the least impact on your enjoyment.

Regards Keith

Edited by john watson

On our last cruise, if I remember correctly, there was only one photographer that we saw repeatedly taking photos of pax. He was not pushy at all. Some of the photos that were taken of us are ones that I cherish...a couple at cruise ports and a couple at dinner. I especially like our embarkation photo with the ship in the background and the itinerary printed on the front of the picture. It brings back wonderful memories. :D :)