Hint when booking Inside cabins

kruisey

Thought this might be of help to others too late for me.:(

When booking inside cabin for 2 persons don't go by the web side picture only.

On the web it can look as though it is just for two no red dot.A red dot means can accommodate 3 to 4 persons meaning it can have two bunk beds higher on both sides of cabin folding up again the wall.

I personally do not like that as a solo some might not mind.For likewise persons check in the Princess Cruise Atlas or ask Princess or your TA to find out.

Heard on longer trips this type of cabin is assigned to solo and couples because the demand is low on those cruises. Could also be the insides assigned to Guarantees.:cool:

Another thing I learned is that if you book a "quad" cabin for one or two passengers, you may get moved if the cruiseline needs that cabin for a booking of three or four later on. I now check before booking to be sure I am reserving a "non-quad" cabin if booking for only one or two of us.

Princess told me that when one goes on to' details of cabin' it states could have 3 or 4th passengers accommodated.My answer was I do not look at details because I am not a newbie.i just look for red dot.

This used to show on the deck plans. I find it annoying that, with the "new" deck plans, this info doesn't show.

I just went on the deck plan for the Golden and you're all right: those symbols are no longer there. The cabin we had on our last cruise accommodated more than two passengers (we have three in our family) and the new deck plan doesn't indicate this at all. And when I clicked on "details," there was only a notation that some cabins will accommodate 3 or 4, but it didn't say specifically about this cabin.

I would think that passengers who want to book only two berths want to book a cabin for just two. So what's up with this change?

Edited by Cruisin' Chick
added

I got totally blindside when booking an obstructed oceanview and got stuck with the extra bunks. There was no indication at all on the Princess website. I had no idea until I entered the cabin. Yes, I too kept bumping into it and it was hard to get into bed. I HATED that cabin!

I find the Princess website the worst as far as accuracy when it comes to deck plans and cabin layout. On the Princess website everything is generic and no way to get any details that show any differences. In addition, if you call Princess, it's a joke because that is all they have too. I learned a good lesson. Now, I look elsewhere. I find Travelocity's deck plans are much better. I know there are tons of ways to get deck plans. I think it pays to check several out as you are deciding on a cabin. There are also websites and ways to get actual photos if you are lucky.

I got totally blindside when booking an obstructed oceanview and got stuck with the extra bunks. There was no indication at all on the Princess website. I had no idea until I entered the cabin. Yes, I too kept bumping into it and it was hard to get into bed. I HATED that cabin!

I find the Princess website the worst as far as accuracy when it comes to deck plans and cabin layout. On the Princess website everything is generic and no way to get any details that show any differences. In addition, if you call Princess, it's a joke because that is all they have too. I learned a good lesson. Now, I look elsewhere. I find Travelocity's deck plans are much better. I know there are tons of ways to get deck plans. I think it pays to check several out as you are deciding on a cabin. There are also websites and ways to get actual photos if you are lucky.[/quote

Well they say one learns something each day.They will not catch me out again. This once is bad enough.:D;)

Edited by kruisey

The only reason I can think of for the larger online deck plans not showing the red circle for quads (triangle for 3) is they're unpopular & more difficult to sell to those sailing as a couple or solo. I haven't received my new Cruise Atlas but last year those symbols were displayed but difficult to see without a magnifying glass.

We had an obstructed OV on the Golden which also has the upper bunks protruding from the wall. In order to reduce the chance of bumping our head we had our queen bed configuration changed to twins & plan to never have another quad cabin. :(

How can I tell online?

We have L212 on CB.

<><

No they never have those on that deck.You have the Lap Pool above you Kruisey:)

Order the 2015-2016 Cruise Atlas it has deck plans ,red dots for all Princess ships...Heather:)

How can I tell online?

We have L212 on CB.

<><

I just did a dummy booking for the CB in Jan 2016. I booked for 3 people and they said the upper decks, including L212 were sold out. That means there are no triple occupancy cabins there.

It is only double occupancy.

Just looked at the cruise atlas, and the cabins do have the symbols.

I wouldn't trust a dummy booking that's close to final payment for a popular cruise because if the ship is reaching capacity (that many bookings are for 3 or 4-passenger bookings), the rest of the cabins, no matter what, will just be available for two persons.

No they never have those on that deck.You have the Lap Pool above you Kruisey:)

Order the 2015-2016 Cruise Atlas it has deck plans ,red dots for all Princess ships...Heather:)

CB L212 is double occupancy

The travelocity website deck plans still show 3rd & 4th person cabins.

I believe the website cruisedeckplans.com show all the cabins that accommodate 3 or 4 persons. They also have a "drag a deck" feature so you know exactly what is above & below you.

I just did a dummy booking for the CB in Jan 2016. I booked for 3 people and they said the upper decks, including L212 were sold out. That means there are no triple occupancy cabins there.

It is only double occupancy.

Thanks for all the feedback and sleuthing! I can go on vacation assured I won't get a head injury upon waking. ;)

<><

Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought most 3&4 beds are dropped from the ceiling rather than folded up against the wall. The very old ships might be the exception.

I think it has to do with whether the room is a balcony or not.

This seems to be the general rule for OOV & inside quads that the upper bunks protrude from the walls including the inside cabins on the Royal & Regal.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Just looked at the cruise atlas' date=' and the cabins do have the symbols.[/quote']

Removing the symbols from the new Cruise Atlas is another indication to me that Princess has trouble selling quad cabins with upper bunks protruding from the walls & doesn't want us to know which cabins are quads. I noticed that the Ship Mate app & online booking sites show the symbols although they must depend on Princess deck plans which are removing the symbols. :mad: