I'm on the Pearl now

Sestar

It's a gorgeous day here in Seattle. It's 82'F. We had lunch at Summer Palace. It was superb. Meal was great. We were seated by the window. The view was priceless. [ATTACH]325192[/ATTACH][ATTACH]325194[/ATTACH][ATTACH]325195[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the exact same cruise last September, same place for lunch!

We had an awesome cruise - love Alaska - will be repeating next September..

Hope yours is as memorable as ours was!

My relatives got off the Pearl the day you got on. We got off the Jewel the day before you got on the Pearl. We had super fantastic weather our whole week, and I hope you get the same!

Enjoy the Pearl - we've been on her twice.

[ATTACH]325330[/ATTACH]

We are approaching Juneau in 6 hours and my AT&T service pops up. LTE speeds too. Very foggy and cold. The cruise is great so far. Saw whales one after one in distance.

Thanks for the live updates Sestar! We will be on the Pearl in May and can't wait!

I do have a question if you have time to answer...How did you know that you were using the AT&T service and not the ships cell service? I plan on keeping my phone on "airplane mode" unless we are in port because I don't want to accidentally connect to the ship's expensive service.

Have a wonderful time!! Looking forward to your next update!

Hi, we saw so so many whales. Got a lot of pictures of them jumping into the air as well. I will post them when I get home.

I can tell my att is available because it my says AT&T LTE or 4G. If u are getting the ship it will say something else. My roaming is off. So I can't get ship data. Hope that helps.

Peal is awesome. ImageUploadedByForums1410901966.770825.jpg.7da2df5f6cd0a38d594d0331e2c5b09b.jpg

Hi, we saw so so many whales. Got a lot of pictures of them jumping into the air as well. I will post them when I get home.

I can tell my att is available because it my says AT&T LTE or 4G. If u are getting the ship it will say something else. My roaming is off. So I can't get ship data. Hope that helps.

Peal is awesome. [ATTACH]325351[/ATTACH]

Oh I hope we see whales in May!! Thanks for your help with the phone!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise; I'm looking forward to the rest of your updates!!

Have a great cruise and please keep us updated and let us know how everything is in regard to the ship and ports. I'm still trying to decide on the Sun or Pearl for next September.

I've never been on the Sun, but was on the Pearl for a two week Panama Canal Cruise. Absolutely loved it. I'd sail on her again any day.

[ATTACH]325330[/ATTACH]

We are approaching Juneau in 6 hours and my AT&T service pops up. LTE speeds too. Very foggy and cold. The cruise is great so far. Saw whales one after one in distance.

Enjoy your cruise. Must be something to see the whales, even if it is cold. :)

it appears that your stay in Ketchikan is a bit rainy (the ship's cam)

I love the Pearl....I'm so jealous. Hope you had a wonderful time!!!

we did this trip in May of this year, and Seattle was raining, so the sail away

was in Spinnaker. Not NEARLY as fun as outside in the warm Seattle sun :)

you're lucky is was nice!

Edited by Traveller20074

We are here at Ketchikan. No rain. Just foggy. The fog creates water. That's why the cam is wet. No rain so far. So beautiful here. Port side is definitely a good choice.

We had rough sea last night. It was rocking like crazy. But I loved it. Haha. We had dinner at the Indigo for the last 3 nights. Delicious meals. I don't know why people complaint about the food so much. They have good meal.

I bought the spa pass but I only use it once. It's nice there but I much prefer sitting at my balcony to enjoy the glacier and take pics. I went to the spa and asked if I can cancel the purchase. Was told no. Thought I can at least get partial refund. $149 for one use. Lol

ImageUploadedByForums1411142732.203690.jpg.86a34b041b2406d7c23067010f0e9b4e.jpg

I hope you enjoyed everything Sestar! I have a week and a half to wait, and I cannot wait to get back on the Pearl.:D

Did the menu change in the MDR's each night, or did they have the same menu the entire cruise? I have heard conflicting things and wonder what you found.

Edited by DWFan