M-Class Aft Cabin lovers: Reclining chairs have been removed.

C 2 C

As we moved from C1 6135 to Aft C1 8170 on Millennium this morning, the reclining deck chairs were being removed "for Safety reasons." For Aft cabin lovers, there is now lots of room to walk around but reclining in your own personal chair is at present not an option.

We now have a table and two chairs and lots of unused deck area...:mad:

As we moved from C1 6135 to Aft C1 8170 on Millennium this morning, the reclining deck chairs were being removed "for Safety reasons." For Aft cabin lovers, there is now lots of room to walk around but reclining in your own personal chair is at present not an option.

Is there any news that they will be giving new chairs to the aft cabins, like on the S Class ships.

But Arno, that' the pits:mad:

But I believe that the revised thinking--both in terms of the type and amount of verandah furniture in all cabin classes--was first implemented when Infinity returned from drydock in December 2011... All verandah furniture was replaced; that didn't happen when Constellation had her Phase 1 Solsticization in late 2010...

It was a fairly contentious issue for some guests but not one in which ship leadership showed a whole lot of willingness to conciliate...

But I believe that the revised thinking--both in terms of the type and amount of verandah furniture in all cabin classes--was first implemented when Infinity returned from drydock in December 2011... All verandah furniture was replaced; that didn't happen when Constellation had her Phase 1 Solsticization in late 2010...

It was a fairly contentious issue for some guests but not one in which ship leadership showed a whole lot of willingness to conciliate...

Short sighted thinking and takes the wow factor down a notch. We sailed Constellation after Phase 1 = ship and cabin lovely but then you step onto the balcony and think you are on dump with old tatered furnishings and rusty railings. Not even a foot stool.

Removing loungers from the large aft balconies BAD decision - just how can they be dangerous???

To the best of my knowledge, all verandah furniture was replaced on Infinity during her solsticization... That is not to say that all of the outdoor furniture [ie; around the pool/in common areas] was also replaced...

Very disappointing.

We paid a lot for our FV, and loungers are pictured in Celebrity's 3d diagram.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/explore/ships/detail.do?shipCode=IN#staterooms/explore/ships/stateroomDetails.do%3FcabinType=FV&cabincls=B&shipCode=IN

Looks like deceptive marketing to me.

I do not see what the safety reasons could be.

Celebrity, please explain.

Arno, I'd be really angry and asking for some money back. Those cabins have always had loungers on the balconies. All the C1s have. What's the point of paying the outrageous prices they're asking for those cabins if they no longer come with the amenities they've always had? I won't be booking one for sure.

Safety hazard my foot. I really hate it when people lie about stuff like that.

I'm in process of booking a B2B2B and there had dang well better be loungers or the new reclining chairs with footstools on the balcony of our CS on the Infinity.

Host Andy......if you are reading....can you check in to this for us and tell us what the safety hazards reason is all about and whether some other kind of chair will be replacing the old loungers? Thanks.

Hi Takemewithyou...

I'm puzzled too. Short of a Guest doing something incredibly stupid (which can happen anywhere), I'm not sure what the "safety issue" could be. I'm also wondering if they are being replaced with new chairs. I've asked. If there's a response, I will post on this thread.

Arno : Thanks very much for the update.

Hi Takemewithyou...

I'm puzzled too. Short of a Guest doing something incredibly stupid (which can happen anywhere), I'm not sure what the "safety issue" could be. I'm also wondering if they are being replaced with new chairs. I've asked. If there's a response, I will post on this thread.

Thank you, Host Andy. It makes a big difference to me because I am paying a lot for Aft C1 on 2013 British Isles (Infinity) and I may change rooms if they have no recliners or new chairs at all. I can save a lot of $$ and take more tours for what that Aft C1 cost.

Sure am glad we had our lovely experience on Aft C1 for 14 days on Connie Southern Caribbean before they removed the loungers!

Hi Takemewithyou...

Thanks Andy. If they are a safety issue on the aft balconies, then aren't they safety issues on all the ships? We just had them on our balcony on Equinox this past week. Anything can be a safety issue if improperly used.

WE have a cruise on Summit in May.I booked the aft for the large balcony and the recliners.If they are not on the balcony I will be very unhappy and you will see me carrying one from the pool area to the balcony.( I really will do this to get my lounger on my very expensive aft balcony!)

Celebrity I know you read these boards so you better put those loungers back!!I turned down an upgrade to a sky suite for the aft balcony.What a stupid decision on your part.

Host Andy-I hope you get a response.I will be looking here.

Laura

Thanks Andy....Look forward to their reply...especially since we have an Aft C1 on the Millennium later this year...and an Aft C1 on the Infinity next year. Was looking forward to some early morning lounging with coffee in hand; and midnite lounging enjoying the soothing wake sounds !!

Woody

I have also been told recently, when asking for a lounger for my angled side balcony, that they no longer do this due to a "safety issue" But the aft C1's? Absolutely ridiculous. :(:(

Please talk to the safety officer and try to get an actual "reason". This is beyond stupid. :(

Anne

But the new verandah chairs on Infinity--I was in an aft AquaClass cabin with an expanded verandah in January--look just like the ones used for Suites and AquaClass/Concierge Class on the Solstice Class ships... And they do have the same separate foot rests as are offered in those stateroom categories on Solstice Class... But the chairs do not recline...

But the new verandah chairs on Infinity--I was in an aft AquaClass cabin with an expanded verandah in January--look just like the ones used for Suites and AquaClass/Concierge Class on the Solstice Class ships... And they do have the same separate foot rests as are offered in those stateroom categories on Solstice Class... But the chairs do not recline...

Thanks for the clarification. Those chairs with the footstools would be OK (a recliner is the most comfortable). Hopefully they are just upgrading the furniture to the new chairs and footstools?

Hopefully Arno will have a new update.....

What's going on with these cruiselines?

I was over at the Princess board and they're doing the same thing? The BB category balconies are the biggest and always came with two chairs, two loungers and a table. Now they have new furniture ~ two chairs and a teeny table. :confused:

Archived