Oasis Self Disembark to Go to Disney Park

I was planning to self disembark as early as possible. What is the earliest you can get in line? Not in a suite. If we hired a car to take us to drop bags at hotel near HOllywood Studios what is the earliest we could get to the park that opens at 9:00?

Will the ship let us off if we get in line or do they only let you off to catch a flight?

I already paid for the park thinking 3 hours would be plenty of time. Now I'm reading other posts and wondering.

I'm committed so I'll get my family in line early unless there is some reason we can't?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Express self-debarkation starts around 6:30 am on the Oasis. Folks will start lining up before 6:00 am and by 6:30 there is usually quite a line. It does move quickly once they start the process.

I was planning to self disembark as early as possible. What is the earliest you can get in line? Not in a suite. If we hired a car to take us to drop bags at hotel near HOllywood Studios what is the earliest we could get to the park that opens at 9:00?

Will the ship let us off if we get in line or do they only let you off to catch a flight?

I already paid for the park thinking 3 hours would be plenty of time. Now I'm reading other posts and wondering.

I'm committed so I'll get my family in line early unless there is some reason we can't?

Not aware of any limit to how early you can get in line. I'd get there before 5am if you want to be first. Anyone can do self-assist disembarkation.

You should make it even if you're not at the front of the line but if you'd prefer to play it safe and get in line early to be off the boat before 7, you'll likely have time to spare (barring any unusual traffic or other unexpected issues).

I live very very close to Disney (we hear the Magic Kingdom fireworks at our house every night) and have been back and forth to the port twice in the past month. It has taken just over an hour each time with some mildly aggressive driving.

I figure the only way we make it to the park at rope drop is if we are in line by 6, off the boat at 6:30, through customs by 7:30, "normal traffic", 15 minutes to drop bags at hotel and ten minutes to park. Maybe have our driver wait for us. And that doesn't seem likely. So I may have to get used to the idea of getting there between 9 and 10.

I figure the only way we make it to the park at rope drop is if we are in line by 6, off the boat at 6:30, through customs by 7:30, "normal traffic", 15 minutes to drop bags at hotel and ten minutes to park. Maybe have our driver wait for us. And that doesn't seem likely. So I may have to get used to the idea of getting there between 9 and 10.

Getting through customs should not take anywhere remotely close to an hour. You don't even have to fill out customs forms at Canaveral anymore.

Here's a recent disembarkation report from someone who used self-assist last week...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53344243&postcount=39

"After breakfast, we got the bags from the room, hopped in the elevator (no wait), and met my parents in the promenade on deck five. There you scan your Seapass card for one final time, and walk down the gangway. We did so approximately 7:15. Once inside the terminal, there was a long line to get through customs, but it moved very quickly. If you have not heard, at Port Canaveral you are no longer required to fill out a customs declaration form. In addition, our bags were not scanned. He literally looked at our I.d., and waved us through. We were promenade to curbside outside the terminal in 10-15 minutes."

We self-disembarked on May 14. We were in line at 6:15, off the ship and through customs by 7:15, and inside Animal Kingdom Park at 8:35. We were inside Pandora by 8:45. Easy peasy.

Did you have to stop by a hotel to drop off luggage?

Getting through customs should not take anywhere remotely close to an hour. You don't even have to fill out customs forms at Canaveral anymore.

Here's a recent disembarkation report from someone who used self-assist last week...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=53344243&postcount=39

"After breakfast, we got the bags from the room, hopped in the elevator (no wait), and met my parents in the promenade on deck five. There you scan your Seapass card for one final time, and walk down the gangway. We did so approximately 7:15. Once inside the terminal, there was a long line to get through customs, but it moved very quickly. If you have not heard, at Port Canaveral you are no longer required to fill out a customs declaration form. In addition, our bags were not scanned. He literally looked at our I.d., and waved us through. We were promenade to curbside outside the terminal in 10-15 minutes."

How new is this customs process change. Maybe this is why the info is so conflicting? I'd love to get an extra hours sleep!

How new is this customs process change. Maybe this is why the info is so conflicting? I'd love to get an extra hours sleep!

Not sure when it went into effect, sorry.

The porter idea is a good one too even though you likely don't technically need help if you're walking off with your luggage. We had to go the porter rout b/c there were 8 of us on the 6/4 sailing and we flew right through customs.

Didn't think you could use a porter with self disembark.

Not sure why you wouldn't be able to. Once you're off the ship and have luggage in the terminal, who would stop you and why?

Not sure why you wouldn't be able to. Once you're off the ship and have luggage in the terminal, who would stop you and why?

If you disembark before the luggage has been offloaded, you will be denied access to the area where the forklifts are operating.

However, if it's late enough that guests have access to the luggage area, then there should be no problem.

If you disembark before the luggage has been offloaded, you will be denied access to the area where the forklifts are

Let's say it's before. You're saying a porter wouldn't come over if you asked him to? I assumed since they work for tips they'd be happy to help/take a job no matter what.

Let's say it's before. You're saying a porter wouldn't come over if you asked him to? I assumed since they work for tips they'd be happy to help/take a job no matter what.

I'm saying the porters and their carts could be blocked in by the movable barrier for guest safety.

I went down for Self-Disembarkation at 6:45 based on the advice of a Customer Service rep at guest services. She was spot on. No line at all. Walked right off the ship, right up to customs, and out the door. Unless something has changed since last year, I wouldn't get in line early... just walk down at 6:45 or so.

I went down for Self-Disembarkation at 6:45 based on the advice of a Customer Service rep at guest services. She was spot on. No line at all. Walked right off the ship, right up to customs, and out the door. Unless something has changed since last year, I wouldn't get in line early... just walk down at 6:45 or so.

We got off at 7:45am last Sunday and self-assist was still in progress. Customs lines were not bad, might have taken 15-30 minutes to get through.

Having done self assist on two occasions at Port Canaveral when disembarking from Oasis we were in line (actually there was no line) at 06.45 walked straight off the ship and were in our car both times within 30 minutes.

Perhaps we were lucky but suffice to say that I honestly cannot see a reason to get there earlier.

What time do you get off the ship if you have RCCL transfers? Looking to spend a bit of time in Orlando before flying home.

I would normally sort myself out but it was part of a package deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It took us an hour to self disembark the OA. . We went down around 6:15 and the line was out onto the deck. It took an hour to get off and thru customs.

That's more like what we saw last Sunday. Plus, the crew mis-sorted one of our bags, so we had to wait until the cart with #47 tags came off the ship to get our bag. Around a 45 minute delay.

I'm glad it works for all of you. I can only assume that my experience is the exception, but we got in line in April at 6:45 (if I recall -- I'm trying to forget the experience), and it was 2 hours before we were out of the terminal. The line snaked through most of deck 5. By the time we got witihin a few rows of the customers agents, baggage tags as high as 4 were right beside us. Since people react to their own experiences, I will never plan on being anywhere that depends on a smooth early disembarkation.

mac_tlc